- Lyft received a whopping 7 sexual assault lawsuits in a day Wednesday 10:00 PM
- High school reopens investigation into Nazi salute video after other racist videos emerge Wednesday 7:14 PM
- Facebook content moderators continue to suffer from brutal working conditions Wednesday 5:58 PM
- #RIPReese: Man bullied for relationship with trans woman dies by suicide Wednesday 4:46 PM
- Redaction error reveals ICE is paying Palantir $49 million Wednesday 4:25 PM
- People are using social media to raise awareness about the Amazon fires Wednesday 4:24 PM
- How to watch ‘Detective Pikachu’ right now Wednesday 3:56 PM
- Walmart is suing Tesla over fires at stores with solar panels Wednesday 3:44 PM
- Jeremy Renner asks nicely for Sony to let Spider-Man back in the MCU Wednesday 2:51 PM
- The best and safest torrenting sites you should be using in 2019 Wednesday 2:47 PM
- ‘Beyoncé’s Assistant for a Day’ creator is releasing more games on storytelling app Yarn Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Why does everyone keep falling for that Instagram and Facebook hoax? Wednesday 1:46 PM
- A bunch of celebrities fell for that viral Instagram hoax Wednesday 1:17 PM
- Former Die Antwoord crew member says video shows ‘homophobic attack’ Wednesday 1:13 PM
- How to stream all the MLS Rivalry Week matches Wednesday 1:13 PM
There’s nothing better than eating a big plate of food after winning the right to marry your same-sex partner. So it was particularly fitting that one restaurant, Sam’s Morning Glory Diner in Philadelphia, decided to redo its brunch menu to help make that celebrating a bit more rich. According to BillyPenn, the diner offered the “Antonin Scalia is a Douche” special for its customers this weekend in honor of the conservative U.S. Supreme Court justice who delivered a blistering dissent opinion in Friday’s same-sex marriage decision.
The dish is described as “eggs scrambled or in a frittata with andouille sausage, tomato, scallions and monterey jack cheese” and it was so popular that it completely sold out during both days of the weekend brunch run.
The owner of the restaurant, Carol Mickey, was chipper about the surprise success of her liberal eggs. “Not one single person complained,” she said. “The atmosphere in here was really wonderful. People were just loving saying it! ‘I’ll have the Scalia is a Douche, please.’”
And the brunch specialty isn’t the only food getting a makeover in the wake of last week’s big decision. Ben And Jerry’s has announced it will rename its chocolate chip cookie dough-flavored ice cream “I Dough, I Dough” in its stores all summer long. There had previously been an online campaign to get the ice cream company to name a flavor after Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
Other food brands re-imagined their products on Friday and posted the results on Twitter:
H/T BillyPenn | Photo via Stephen Masker/Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
Myles Tanzer is a former contributor to the Daily Dot with an emphasis on technology and viral news. He is currently the Fader's news editor, having previously written and edited for Vogue, BuzzFeed, and Gawker.