A man on video joking about a school shooting

@SamBraslow/Twitter Mikael Thalen

Man threatens to become ‘school shooter’ if Biden wins

'If I go to hell, I'm taking these motherf*ckers with me.'

Nov 7, 2020, 12:42 pm

IRL

 

Mikael Thalen

A California man is under investigation after threatening to become a “school shooter” if Democratic candidate Joe Biden won the presidency.

Featured Video Hide

The man, a supporter of President Donald Trump, made the threat in a now-deleted video posted to Instagram.

Advertisement Hide

"I don't know. At this point, if Biden gets in, I'm just gonna do a school shooter, just take out all these democrats and a few pedophiles on the way out," the man said. "If I go to hell, I'm taking these motherfuckers with me."

Samuel Braslow, a writer for the Beverly Hills Courier, reported that the man had been visited by the FBI after his remarks were flagged.

"According to a source at the scene, at least 7 plainclothes FBI agents are at his home," Braslow said on Friday. "He is currently handcuffed in the back of an SUV while agents appear to search his home, according to the source."

Advertisement Hide

Braslow also alleged that the man, who was eventually taken into custody, had threatened earlier to stab another Instagram user while disguised as an anti-Trump protester.

"I'll actually look like one of you guys so you won't even know who the fuck I am," the man said, noting that he'd "wear a mask and everything."

"And then when you don't suspect it [I] will stab you right in the fucking back," he added.

But before the FBI arrived at his home, the man reportedly released a second video, in which he stated that his threats were only made in jest.

Advertisement Hide

“First and foremost I don’t plan on, like, shooting up no schools or, like, killing anybody or like anything like that,” he said.

The man asserted that he made the remarks due to being “upset with everything that’s been going on."

Although the man was taken away by law enforcement, CBS Los Angeles reports that no charges have been filed as of yet.

Advertisement Hide

 An FBI spokesperson told the outlet that the man was being "evaluated by state officials."

"The FBI is aware of the reported online threats and is working with our partners," the spokesperson said. "The subject is being evaluated by state officials."

Braslow also stated that the man was previously charged with battery arrest for attacking a counter-protester at an August rally in Beverly Hills.

Advertisement Hide

Share this article
*First Published: Nov 7, 2020, 12:42 pm