- The best Korean beauty products for $15 or less 3 Years Ago
- PewDiePie’s reign as the No. 1 YouTuber seems to be over 3 Years Ago
- Amazon’s ‘Hanna’ miniseries offers a more conventional take on the teen spy thriller 3 Years Ago
- Conservative writer tweets about bombing a university after women are hired Today 10:16 AM
- YouTube star Ice Poseidon reportedly raided by FBI Today 10:11 AM
- Devin Nunes is threatening to sue more people who mock him on Twitter Today 10:10 AM
- The Economist faces blowback for asking if trans people should be sterilized Today 9:50 AM
- 8 doormats that we can’t believe actually exist Today 9:35 AM
- Why is political blog the Hill publishing op-eds by anti-LGBTQ hate groups? Today 9:16 AM
- A woman vice president? The 2020 men have some thoughts Today 9:00 AM
- 80 percent of Americans support reinstating net neutrality Today 8:38 AM
- Website secretly filmed 1,600 hotel guests for fetish live stream Today 8:18 AM
- The Holga 120N is the $40 camera you never knew you needed Today 8:13 AM
- Poster for ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’ gets mercilessly roasted Today 7:18 AM
- How to steam March Madness 2019 for free Today 7:00 AM
The records were released during an investigation of his alleged sexual assault.
San Francisco police officer Jason Lai’s personal text messages reveal a nightmare for the diverse community he supposedly served in his six years as a cop.
The messages, which Lai regularly exchanged with other police officers, targeted Indians, African-Americans, Latin Americans, and the LGBTQ community.
“He wished violence upon the very people he was being paid to protect and none of his colleagues turned him in,” San Francisco Public Defender Jeff Adachi said in a statement on Tuesday.
He said the text messages sent “literally makes me sick to my stomach,” at a press conference Tuesday.
“I apologize to the public,” Suhr added, according to a CNN report. “We are better than this.”
- 10/24/2014: Better than nigs looting
11/23/2014: Indian ppl are disgusting
11/24/2014: Ghetto nigs burning down their own city wtf
11/28/2014: Some nig tried to break into a diamond store on powell
11/29/2014: You need help with those rioters? I can snipe them with my air rifle
1/9/2015: Or some fucktard 528 reviewing my report
2/17/2015: I think we need to let the rag heads fight amongst themselves.
3/14/2015: With texting they can see all the msgs with the ATT search warrant?
4/24/2015: Here’s a story I wrote today
5/22/2015: Burn down the walgreens and kill the bums
6/8/2015: Bunch of hock gwais shooting each other, too bad none of them dies
7/30/2015: I hate that beaner. But I think that nig is worse.
Lai resigned from the police department earlier this month. He has since been charged with multiple misdemeanor counts of illegally accessing Department of Motor Vehicles computers. His arraignment is scheduled for May 3.
This is the second time a racist text scandal has been uncovered under San Francisco Police Chief Greg Suhr’s leadership. A similar city scandal emerged when a prosecutor filed court papers containing racist and homophobic messages from former Sgt. Ian Furminger, one of three officers convicted of taking money and drugs from people at low-rent hotels last year.
Molly Stier is the Real-Time Social Editor at the Daily Dot, where she previously covered politics, lifestyle, entertainment, and technology. Her work has also appeared in The Nation magazine.