- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Saturday 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Saturday 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Saturday 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Saturday 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’-inspired miniseries is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
The records were released during an investigation of his alleged sexual assault.
San Francisco police officer Jason Lai’s personal text messages reveal a nightmare for the diverse community he supposedly served in his six years as a cop.
The messages, which Lai regularly exchanged with other police officers, targeted Indians, African-Americans, Latin Americans, and the LGBTQ community.
“He wished violence upon the very people he was being paid to protect and none of his colleagues turned him in,” San Francisco Public Defender Jeff Adachi said in a statement on Tuesday.
He said the text messages sent “literally makes me sick to my stomach,” at a press conference Tuesday.
“I apologize to the public,” Suhr added, according to a CNN report. “We are better than this.”
- 10/24/2014: Better than nigs looting
11/23/2014: Indian ppl are disgusting
11/24/2014: Ghetto nigs burning down their own city wtf
11/28/2014: Some nig tried to break into a diamond store on powell
11/29/2014: You need help with those rioters? I can snipe them with my air rifle
1/9/2015: Or some fucktard 528 reviewing my report
2/17/2015: I think we need to let the rag heads fight amongst themselves.
3/14/2015: With texting they can see all the msgs with the ATT search warrant?
4/24/2015: Here’s a story I wrote today
5/22/2015: Burn down the walgreens and kill the bums
6/8/2015: Bunch of hock gwais shooting each other, too bad none of them dies
7/30/2015: I hate that beaner. But I think that nig is worse.
Lai resigned from the police department earlier this month. He has since been charged with multiple misdemeanor counts of illegally accessing Department of Motor Vehicles computers. His arraignment is scheduled for May 3.
This is the second time a racist text scandal has been uncovered under San Francisco Police Chief Greg Suhr’s leadership. A similar city scandal emerged when a prosecutor filed court papers containing racist and homophobic messages from former Sgt. Ian Furminger, one of three officers convicted of taking money and drugs from people at low-rent hotels last year.
Molly Stier is the Real-Time Social Editor at the Daily Dot, where she previously covered politics, lifestyle, entertainment, and technology. Her work has also appeared in The Nation magazine.