- How to stream Peter ‘Kid Chocolate’ Quillin vs. Alfredo Angulo 9 Months Ago
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Granada Today 4:50 PM
- ‘Atlantics’ tells a ghost story steeped with emotion and realism Today 4:16 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ is a sweet, singular movie that loses its grip on satire Today 3:40 PM
- Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Klonopin addiction Today 3:34 PM
- The cat-worshipping turkey cult video, explained Today 3:22 PM
- Despite legal threats and drama, the Area 51 desert event is on Today 3:05 PM
- How to stream Yair Rodriguez vs. Jeremy Stephens on UFC Fight Night Today 3:00 PM
- Twitter just launched its ‘Hide Replies’ feature Today 1:59 PM
- How to turn off image metadata before it snitches on you Today 1:36 PM
- The ‘Breaking Bad’ movie is coming to theaters—for one weekend only Today 1:04 PM
- Teens recorded, shared videos of mall fight that ended in fatal stabbing Today 12:44 PM
- How to stream Giants vs. Buccaneers in Week 3 Today 12:31 PM
- Report: Ben Carson made transphobic comments at HUD meeting Today 12:30 PM
- Where to buy the Switch Lite and everything else you need to know Today 12:28 PM
Four days after undergoing cancer surgery, Supreme Court Justice Ruther Bader Ginsburg has been released from the hospital, and the internet is celebrating her health.
Ginsburg on Friday underwent surgery at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York City to remove two cancerous nodules from the lobes of her lung. Supporters of the justice freaked out on Twitter, offering emotional support through prayers and well wishes, and physical support through offers of lung donations.
The surgery went well. Ginsburg’s surgeon said the nodules she removed were malignant, and there were no other signs of disease in the justice’s body. She stayed in the hospital over the weekend and was released to continue her recovery at home on Christmas Day.
People on the internet are celebrating the good news, with some lauding it as a Christmas miracle.
For many, it is yet another reminder of how badass Ginsburg is. She even voted against President Donald Trump’s asylum ban from her hospital bed only a couple of days ago.
People also expressed anxiety over seeing her name trending and relief that the news was good.
Anyone else get super nervous whenever Ruth Bader Ginsburg is trending? #NotoriousRBG— Should Auld Mel-Quaintance Be Forgot... (@startabuzz) December 26, 2018
Ginsburg is a strong liberal voice on the Supreme Court, and at the age of 85 many people worry that health issues may stop her from continuing to serve. She has stated that she has no intention of retiring any time soon, but her health scares in recent months have put progressives on edge. Ginsburg was hospitalized in November when she fell and broke three ribs but only stayed a few days before returning to work then as well.
If Ginsburg leaves the bench in the next two years it would give Trump the opportunity to appoint a third justice, but for now, she seems to be healthier than you would ever expect for an 85-year-old woman recovering from broken ribs and surgery.
H/T Buzzfeed News
Alex Dalbey is a writer and zinester currently living in Saint Paul, Minnesota. They have written for The Daily Dot, Kill Screen, The Lingerie Addict, and Bullet Points.