- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Today 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Today 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Today 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Today 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Today 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Today 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Today 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Today 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Today 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Today 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Today 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’-inspired miniseries is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
SCOTUS/Oyez (Public Domain)
Four days after undergoing cancer surgery, Supreme Court Justice Ruther Bader Ginsburg has been released from the hospital, and the internet is celebrating her health.
Ginsburg on Friday underwent surgery at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York City to remove two cancerous nodules from the lobes of her lung. Supporters of the justice freaked out on Twitter, offering emotional support through prayers and well wishes, and physical support through offers of lung donations.
The surgery went well. Ginsburg’s surgeon said the nodules she removed were malignant, and there were no other signs of disease in the justice’s body. She stayed in the hospital over the weekend and was released to continue her recovery at home on Christmas Day.
People on the internet are celebrating the good news, with some lauding it as a Christmas miracle.
— Shamini Selvaratnam (@shaminis) December 26, 2018
— I Am The Sun ☀️ (@LisaLisa1908) December 26, 2018
For many, it is yet another reminder of how badass Ginsburg is. She even voted against President Donald Trump’s asylum ban from her hospital bed only a couple of days ago.
— J.j. (@Jj85577470) December 25, 2018
— Tarcia Smith Bush (@TarciaB) December 26, 2018
People also expressed anxiety over seeing her name trending and relief that the news was good.
Anyone else get super nervous whenever Ruth Bader Ginsburg is trending? #NotoriousRBG
— Should Auld Mel-Quaintance Be Forgot… (@startabuzz) December 26, 2018
— Annalee Perez (@Annalee_Perez) December 26, 2018
Ginsburg is a strong liberal voice on the Supreme Court, and at the age of 85 many people worry that health issues may stop her from continuing to serve. She has stated that she has no intention of retiring any time soon, but her health scares in recent months have put progressives on edge. Ginsburg was hospitalized in November when she fell and broke three ribs but only stayed a few days before returning to work then as well.
If Ginsburg leaves the bench in the next two years it would give Trump the opportunity to appoint a third justice, but for now, she seems to be healthier than you would ever expect for an 85-year-old woman recovering from broken ribs and surgery.
H/T Buzzfeed News
Alex Dalbey is a writer and zinester currently living in Saint Paul, Minnesota. They have written for The Daily Dot, Kill Screen, The Lingerie Addict, and Bullet Points.