- Influencer gets prison time for performing illegal cosmetic procedures on followers Saturday 5:13 PM
- Parent immediately regrets baby monitor after seeing ‘possessed’ baby Saturday 3:53 PM
- Buttigieg used Kenyan stock photo to promote plan for Black America Saturday 2:29 PM
- Disney+ is the best streaming service for families available today Saturday 1:43 PM
- Netflix to amend Nazi docuseries after being accused of rewriting history Saturday 1:09 PM
- Everything you need to know about TikTok Saturday 1:00 PM
- Screaming drummer girl steals hearts with passionate Nirvana cover Saturday 12:50 PM
- The Kardashians receiving backlash for food fight Instagram post Saturday 10:26 AM
- How to stream Artem Lobov vs. Jason Knight in BKFC Saturday 9:00 AM
- Lizzo sued by Postmates runner she accused of stealing her food Saturday 8:39 AM
- How to stream Jan Blachowicz vs. Ronaldo ‘Jacare’ Souza on UFC Fight Night Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to watch Georgia vs. Auburn live Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Navy vs. Notre Dame live Saturday 3:30 AM
- The actor who played Greedo is just as confused by ‘maclunkey’ as you are Friday 4:57 PM
- AirPods are getting that sweet, sweet Black Friday price drop Friday 4:24 PM
Rupert Murdoch tweets
The controversial media titan is now tweeting.
Rupert Murdoch added another outlet to broadcast his views this weekend: the media titan started tweeting.
Murdoch has already racked up more than 50,000 followers since joining Saturday under the handle @RupertMurdoch, which is a verified account. His Klout score, however, is just 16 so he won’t be eligible for any Klout Perks for awhile.
The News Corp. CEO, who oversees a variety of media properties including Fox, has used the account to share his view points on the Steve Jobs biography (he called it a biog), lauded his Fox colleagues for releasing ‘We Bought a Zoo’ and ‘The Descendants’ and praised Republican presidential hopeful Rick Santorum for his recent surge in the polls.
He follows four people, including @Plaid_Page, a Twitter account that mocks Google’s cofounder, Larry Page. He also follows businessman Alan Sugar, Twitter cofounder Jack Dorsey and Zynga cofounder Mark Pincus. Oddly, he doesn’t follow his wife, Wendi Deng Murdoch but since the account is not verified, it might not be her but rather a parody account.
Like any Twitter newbie, he has made a few mistakes including accidentally searching for British business mogul Alan Sugar and erasing a tweet that said “Maybe Brits have too many holidays for broke country!”
The @RupertMurdochPR account, which is obviously is not Murdoch, is already having a field day chiding its adversary.
“The first 30 tweets from @RupertMurdoch are free, then [the] paywall goes up,” a tweet from the account joked.
Photo by World Economic Forum
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.