- This Italian town ‘banned’ Google Maps after people kept getting lost 5 Years Ago
- Fornite emerges from black hole with Chapter 2 5 Years Ago
- Everything Google announced at today’s Pixel event 5 Years Ago
- Netflix sued over line about interrogation technique in ‘When They See Us’ 5 Years Ago
- Twitch streamer says racist trolls got her banned for ‘suggestive’ outfit 5 Years Ago
- Everything you need to know about Google’s new Pixel phones 5 Years Ago
- ‘Portrait of a Lady on Fire’ is a transcendent, lesbian period romance Today 12:32 PM
- Where to stream ‘Zombieland’ before ‘Double Tap’ comes out Today 12:04 PM
- ‘Deadpool’ screenwriter says that Disney sequel will still be R-rated Today 11:45 AM
- #DeleteFacebook trends amid report of Zuckerberg meeting with prominent conservatives Today 11:45 AM
- The Pixelbook Go is Google’s first attempt at a mid-range Chromebook Today 11:33 AM
- All the games coming to Google Stadia Today 10:49 AM
- Google just announced a line of Nest-branded smart home products Today 10:36 AM
- ‘Fake news’ is helping conspiracy theorists deny Turkish atrocities Today 10:15 AM
- YouTuber immediately loses gig with Sanders campaign over sexualized MLK video Today 9:59 AM
Porn star Rocco Siffredi is swearing off sex until Italy wins the World Cup
He’s refraining from scoring so the Italian team can.
Abstaining from sex before a game doesn’t significantly improve the quality of your performance. But that hasn’t stopped Olympians and World Series pitchers from pledging not to give their junk a workout before a big event.
The latest public figure to take a vow of chastity before the big game is not an athlete, but Italian porn star and gonzo director Rocco Siffredi, who is promising to abstain from all sexual activity as a show of support for his country’s soccer team during the World Cup.
Proving that A) Italians take the World Cup really seriously, and B) Italians take the World Cup really seriously, Siffredi posted a video on his Facebook page pledging not to have sex until after the tournament.
The video is in Italian, and the title roughly translates to “A global sacrifice: My vow of chastity for Italy’s victory.”
In the video, Siffredi says, “Guys, I’ve had thousands of orgasms. But there’s one that I’ll never forget: the orgasm I had with all of you, when we won the World Cup in 2006. Now, for that collective orgasm [to happen again], I’m ready to go without my orgasms.”
To that end, he’s planning to go without sex during the entire time that the Italian team is at the World Cup—a sacrifice, he says, that will all but ensure Italia’s victory in Brazil. (Had the fascist Italian army adopted Siffredi’s battle strategy in the 1930s and ’40s, one wonders if the outcome of World War II would’ve been different).
A veteran adult performer and director who’s shot more than 1,000 films, Siffredi retired from the industry as a performer in 2004, only to return in front of the camera in 2009. He’s both beloved and notorious in his home country for performing rough sex acts on camera, such as, according to his Wikipedia, hair-pulling, choking, spanking, and “irrumatio” (you can Google that).
So can he hold out until the end of the World Cup? If Italy makes it to the championship game, that could be more than a month from today. We’ll know better after we see Italy face off against England in their first match this Saturday. But until then, as Siffredi acknowledges, he’s about to face some “hard times—very hard.” Good luck to both the Italian squad and Rocco Siffredi’s penis this week!
H/T Vice | Screengrab via Rocco Siffredi/YouTube
EJ Dickson is a writer and editor who primarily covers sex, dating, and relationships, with a special focus on the intersection of intimacy and technology. She served as the Daily Dot’s IRL editor from January 2014 to July 2015. Her work has since appeared in the New York Times, Rolling Stone, Mic, Bustle, Romper, and Men’s Health.