- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Saturday 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Saturday 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
This streamer is regretting her words.
Apparently aware of her potential as fodder in her followers’ solo V-Day plans, QuarterJade poked fun at them. This week she alluded to a popular meme that reads: “If you’ve ever masturbated to my pictures, you owe me a fucking Valentine’s Day gift.”
QuarterJade brought it up with her followers. “I think I really would like to say that,” she said in her JustChatting stream recently. “Like if you’ve masturbated to me you guys owe me… the tribute, OK? The fucking like $1 tribute thing. What is this, content for free?”
The clip landed in Reddit’s LiveStreamFail subreddit. There, commenters jested about QuarterJade’s wording. According to Urban Dictionary, a “tribute” is when you ejaculate onto a photo of your crush.
In no time, QuarterJade’s direct messages were reportedly being harassed.
She was forced to address her comments in another video, posted on Thursday. “I would just like to say, if you’ve seen the clip: One, no I do not want your money,” she said. “Two, I don’t want your tributes. Three, please stop DMing me, OK? Just an announcement to make. I didn’t know, and I’m clarifying now!”
Hopefully, QuarterJade’s request is being heard.
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.