- How to stream Bears vs. Redskins on Monday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- What are the best alternatives to the electoral college? Today 6:30 AM
- The best PS4 games you can’t play anywhere else Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Emmy Awards Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 5 Today 4:00 AM
- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Saturday 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Saturday 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Saturday 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Saturday 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Saturday 11:57 AM
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Saturday 10:36 AM
Two of the 10 members of the far-right group the Proud Boys, who were caught on camera last year for violently fighting outside an event at the Metropolitan Republican Club in New York City, pleaded guilty this weekend.
Jake Freijo and Eryk Kaczynski pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct and will have five days of community service, the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office says. This is part of a plea deal. Six others charged will appear in court April 5.
But the prosecutors have already recommended sentencing for the fight. John Kinsman and Maxwell Hare could face up to one year in jail for second-degree assault and second-degree rioting charges. Geoffrey Young and David Kuriakose could see 30 days behind bars on a plea to riot in the second degree and third-degree attempted assault.
The brawl broke out on Oct. 13 after Proud Boys founder and Vice co-founder, Gavin McInnes, gave a speech at the club. A group of left-wing protesters with Antifa performed anti-fascist chants outside.
In the initial video released by the NYPD, it looks like the protesters may have started the fight by throwing a bottle at the Proud Boys.
Thank you those who’ve submitted info regarding the violent incident which took place on 10-12-18 in the UES. As we further the investigation, we urge additional victims/complainants/witnesses to come forward. If you have info, call CrimeStoppers, 800-577-TIPS pic.twitter.com/amUhGvCJLg— Chief Dermot F. Shea (@NYPDDetectives) October 15, 2018
But footage taken from a nearby building security camera show group members Hare and Young running toward the group before the bottle was thrown.
4/6 The brand new footage shows what followed: two Proud Boys went east on 82nd Street, approaching protesters who were perhaps 100 feet away from Park Avenue. By the time the plastic bottle was thrown, one of those two Proud Boys was within a few feet and charging. pic.twitter.com/oHq2MamC4m— Colin Moynihan (@ColinRMoynihan) December 23, 2018
Three leftist protesters were also arrested.
Elizabeth VanMetre is a reporter based in Wyoming. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared on ETOnline, the New York Daily News, Yahoo Travel, and more. She hosts a local morning show in Wyoming.