- Buttigieg, Klobuchar come together to laugh at Bloomberg Wednesday 10:29 PM
- Bernie Sanders calls Bloomberg’s wealth ‘grotesque’ to his face Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Angry Bloomberg asks debate moderators if he’s ‘chicken liver’ Wednesday 9:29 PM
- Elizabeth Warren savages everyone else’s healthcare plan Wednesday 9:07 PM
- K-Pop stans help push ‘Pooping for Kaitlin’ hashtag mocking Kent State gun girl Wednesday 8:54 PM
- Fans speculate after learning Pop Smoke posted address prior to fatal home invasion Wednesday 8:11 PM
- Jar of human tongues found in Florida has people shook Wednesday 6:39 PM
- Video of Blueface teaching Obama lookalike to dance is turning heads Wednesday 5:58 PM
- ‘No one has the range’ for this meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Mom confronts man who followed daughter through grocery store in viral video Wednesday 5:05 PM
- Major study linking vaping to heart attacks gets retracted Wednesday 4:36 PM
- George Zimmerman is suing Pete Buttigieg, Elizabeth Warren Wednesday 2:55 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Horse Girl’ accused of ripping off 2017 indie film Wednesday 2:52 PM
- The Genyus Network is a safe social space for stroke survivors Wednesday 2:20 PM
- MAGA hat-wearing dog finishes last in ‘Today Show’ fan vote—still named winner Wednesday 2:03 PM
Two of the 10 members of the far-right group the Proud Boys, who were caught on camera last year for violently fighting outside an event at the Metropolitan Republican Club in New York City, pleaded guilty this weekend.
Jake Freijo and Eryk Kaczynski pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct and will have five days of community service, the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office says. This is part of a plea deal. Six others charged will appear in court April 5.
But the prosecutors have already recommended sentencing for the fight. John Kinsman and Maxwell Hare could face up to one year in jail for second-degree assault and second-degree rioting charges. Geoffrey Young and David Kuriakose could see 30 days behind bars on a plea to riot in the second degree and third-degree attempted assault.
The brawl broke out on Oct. 13 after Proud Boys founder and Vice co-founder, Gavin McInnes, gave a speech at the club. A group of left-wing protesters with Antifa performed anti-fascist chants outside.
In the initial video released by the NYPD, it looks like the protesters may have started the fight by throwing a bottle at the Proud Boys.
Thank you those who’ve submitted info regarding the violent incident which took place on 10-12-18 in the UES. As we further the investigation, we urge additional victims/complainants/witnesses to come forward. If you have info, call CrimeStoppers, 800-577-TIPS pic.twitter.com/amUhGvCJLg— Chief Dermot F. Shea (@NYPDDetectives) October 15, 2018
But footage taken from a nearby building security camera show group members Hare and Young running toward the group before the bottle was thrown.
4/6 The brand new footage shows what followed: two Proud Boys went east on 82nd Street, approaching protesters who were perhaps 100 feet away from Park Avenue. By the time the plastic bottle was thrown, one of those two Proud Boys was within a few feet and charging. pic.twitter.com/oHq2MamC4m— Colin Moynihan (@ColinRMoynihan) December 23, 2018
Three leftist protesters were also arrested.
Elizabeth VanMetre is a reporter based in Wyoming. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared on ETOnline, the New York Daily News, Yahoo Travel, and more. She hosts a local morning show in Wyoming.