- Majority of threats made since El Paso and Dayton shootings have been made online Thursday 8:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus tweets about cheating allegations and penis cake drama Thursday 6:32 PM
- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale Thursday 6:00 PM
- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges Thursday 5:31 PM
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Thursday 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Thursday 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Thursday 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Thursday 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Thursday 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Thursday 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Thursday 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Thursday 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Thursday 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games (updated) Thursday 12:25 PM
- This video of dozens of inflatable mattresses taking off in the wind is perfect Thursday 12:20 PM
A game of pickup basketball took a seriously ridiculous turn when the police were called over a foul, the latest example of the surge in reports of people summoning the police over any darned thing.
One of the players apparently felt he was subjected to a foul that was too harsh and decided to bring the cops into it, Complex reports. A witness posted a photo and descriptions of the confrontation that quickly went viral on Monday.
Today for the first time in my life...I experienced someone call the police because they got fouled hard in basketball. pic.twitter.com/9E8lp9fmwP— TrapMoneyBenny (@_togs) July 17, 2018
The witness, who according to his Twitter is from Virginia, explained that the man in black with his arms crossed was screened by the man in arm sleeves and fell down.
We thought he was joking til we saw buddy at the front desk on the phone really calling the police 😭— Assistant to the Regional Manager (@_togs) July 17, 2018
The photo shows the cop speaking to the players in what looks like a commercial gym. Per the witness, the screen wasn’t worthy of a call to the police.
It was an aggressive screen and dude fell lol— TrapMoneyBenny (@_togs) July 17, 2018
I know I will never respect him ever— TrapMoneyBenny (@_togs) July 17, 2018
It’s unclear what the man who called the police wanted to happen. But according to the witness, even the cop himself seemed annoyed to have been called over a non-incident.
He look like he realized his miztake but trying to stay mad cuz he gotta stick to his guns and its too late to turn back now pic.twitter.com/9T6XMGafzL— Grouchy Smurf (@AppleJaxx31) July 17, 2018
Cop leaves and we are still left wondering why...— TrapMoneyBenny (@_togs) July 17, 2018
All questions I’d like to know too— TrapMoneyBenny (@_togs) July 17, 2018
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.