Watch a team of paramedics save the life of an electrocuted monkey

It was surely the most confusing day of this monkey's life.

 

Kevin Morris

IRL

Published Nov 2, 2013   Updated Jun 1, 2021, 2:46 am CDT

One poor monkey underwent what was surely the most confusing few minutes of his life earlier this week in Thailand. The fuzzy, big-toothed humanoid apparently escaped from his owner’s care before wandering into an electrical transformer. As in most battles waged between living flesh bags and high-voltage power surges, the electricity won. The guy was pretty much a goner—until a team of Thai paramedics arrived to administer CPR.

Featured Video Hide

Advertisement Hide

The rescue team that saved the poor primate runs a Facebook page where they chronicled the operation and first posted the video. Not that I speak Thai, but according to this page it appears he’s been returned to his owner. Also, his name is “Kang” or “????????”, which Google translates into “The Mantis.” That officially doubles this monkey’s already-impressive level of badass.

Screengrab via YouTube

Share this article
*First Published: Nov 2, 2013, 4:52 pm CDT