- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray Today 9:15 AM
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Today 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Today 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
Of course Olympians are hooking up on Tinder
What happens when you combine good-looking hard-bodies, a small space, and Tinder?
It’s a truth universally acknowledged: outrageously good-looking, talented people tend to be attracted to other outrageously good-looking, talented people (see: Bey and Jay, Angelina and Brad, Leo and whatever 14-year-old Estonian model he’s chatting up on a yacht right now).
So it probably comes as no surprise to you guys that in between competing for the gold, Olympic athletes in Sochi are using their downtime to look for hookups on Tinder.
“Tinder in the Olympic Village is next level,” snowboarder and recent gold medal-winner Jamie Anderson told US Weekly. “It’s all athletes! In the mountain village it’s all athletes. It’s hilarious. There are some cuties on there.”
Lest Olympic gossipmongers get too excited and start speculating on which athlete (or athletes!) Anderson went to the bone zone with, she says she ultimately deleted her account so she could focus on the games. “There was a point where I had to be like OK, this is way too distracting,” she said. Yeah, girl, we hear ya (said with our heads bent over our smartphones, frantically swiping through photos).
Of course, Olympians hooking up during the games is not a new phenomenon: apparently, it’s so common that organizers have ordered hundreds of thousands of condoms for the athletes during past games, and the athletes’ mantra during the games is “what happens in the Olympic village stays in the Olympic village.”
“It’s like making the ingredients of a huge stew—a stew of sexual ingredients,” Dr. Judy Kurianski, a sex therapist and clinical psychologist at Columbia University’s Teachers College in New York City recently told ABC. “There is stress, which causes tension, and anxiety and energy, and a massive outpouring of chemicals in the body—adrenaline and endorphins. It’s a powerful concoction of chemicals.”
“Everyone knows the runner’s high,” she said. “Olympian athletes certainly have it—it’s orgasmic.”
With thousands of hard-bodied, flexible youths from all over the world crammed into a relatively small area, it’s not difficult to imagine the kind of freaky-deaky multicultural sex shenanigans that go on behind the scenes. Hey, Benetton—I smell a new ad campaign!
H/T US Weekly | Photo by activioslo/Flickr (CC BY NC – ND 2.0)
EJ Dickson is a writer and editor who primarily covers sex, dating, and relationships, with a special focus on the intersection of intimacy and technology. She served as the Daily Dot’s IRL editor from January 2014 to July 2015. Her work has since appeared in the New York Times, Rolling Stone, Mic, Bustle, Romper, and Men’s Health.