- Barstool Sports founder under investigation for anti-union tweets 8 Years Ago
- Harmony Korine’s ‘The Beach Bum’ is now streaming on Hulu 8 Years Ago
- How an Instagram feud led to the death of 9-year-old girl Today 11:08 AM
- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray Today 9:15 AM
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Today 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Today 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
No Shave November update: 18 remain
As Tumblr users chronicle their follicular follies, another nine fall off the Daily Dot’s beardar.
We’re more than halfway through November and the Daily Dot’s No Shave November contest is kicking into high gear.
Of the remaining 27 contestants, only nine were disqualified this week for failing to provide any photo updates on their Tumblr accounts. That’s a huge improvement from last week, which saw about 50 percent of competitors disqualified.
This week some Tumblr front runners have fallen out of the race (Insert cunning title here and Doctor Hipster’s Office) while others like Pop Scenesters have stepped their game up with eight photo updates in the last week.
With Thanksgiving right around the corner, we’re curious to see how many people have the nerve to sit in front of their family with a face full of hair. Our advice: Stay strong and respect the beard!
Here’s how the rest of our competitors are going.
- Insert cunning title here—Chase Fisher was rolling along earlier this month and has since fallen off the beard-growing wagon. DISQUALIFIED
- Sync with me—Phil is still working hard at growing that beard. We believe in you!
- Push the limits—No photo updates since last week. DISQUALIFIED
- Beefcake Pantyhose—Tumblr account is too darn complicated and no photo updates found. DISQUALIFIED
- Doctor Hipster’s Office—We has such high hopes for Doctor Hipster but he hasn’t uploaded any new photos in more than a week. DISQUALIFIED
- Last chance to back out—No photo updates since last week. DISQUALIFIED
- Just a man and his dogs—Jason, 27, follows up a stellar week with two more beard-filled photos. Great work!
- Variables—No photo updates since last week. DISQUALIFIED
- If life is but a dream, what shall we wake up to?—Three photo updates in the last week. Beard-tastic!
- Get Bofucked—Despite the heat Brandon is getting at work over his beard, he stood strong and made two photo updates this week.
- Hi, It’s Jared—Two photo updates from Jared in the last week.
- PlanetRetaliate—It’s all about the beard (and regular photo updates).
- Like the thing Batman drives now—An itchy face has this Tumblr blogger digging deep for inspiration. Two photo updates in the last week!
- Anunt Singh—College beard, for the win!
- Alone for now—Solid beard coming in.
- Hail to the king, baby—Jacob’s beard is taking a little bit longer to grow. Three photo updates in the last week!
- Don’t look back—Classy looking beard.
- Saint and Sinner—No photo updates since last week. DISQUALIFIED
- No shave November—Another Tumblr account we had such high hopes for bites the dust. No updates in more than a week. DISQUALIFIED
- What’s up Nathan—At least one update from Nathan this week. Not sure if beard is just taking long to grow or he shaved. Still in the race…
- What could ever stop us?—Two more photo updates and a hint of a beard coming through.
- My favorite words—Chris is rocking and rolling with two photo updates this week. Just keep thinking beard-growing-thoughts.
- The New Kid on The Block—No updates in more than a week. DISQUALIFIED
- Chimie45—This is one gnarly looking beard.
- Mark just owned your face—Strong beard coming in.
- Pop Scenesters—A record eight updates from Pop Scenesters in the last week!
- Carlos Munroy—Ben is keeping it real with that beard.
Photo by dbenjamin
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.