- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Saturday 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Saturday 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Saturday 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Saturday 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Saturday 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Saturday 8:28 AM
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Saturday 8:00 AM
- Apple TV’s ‘Truth Be Told’ is a criminally dull drama Saturday 6:00 AM
- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show Friday 4:58 PM
No Shave November update: 18 remain
As Tumblr users chronicle their follicular follies, another nine fall off the Daily Dot’s beardar.
We’re more than halfway through November and the Daily Dot’s No Shave November contest is kicking into high gear.
Of the remaining 27 contestants, only nine were disqualified this week for failing to provide any photo updates on their Tumblr accounts. That’s a huge improvement from last week, which saw about 50 percent of competitors disqualified.
This week some Tumblr front runners have fallen out of the race (Insert cunning title here and Doctor Hipster’s Office) while others like Pop Scenesters have stepped their game up with eight photo updates in the last week.
With Thanksgiving right around the corner, we’re curious to see how many people have the nerve to sit in front of their family with a face full of hair. Our advice: Stay strong and respect the beard!
Here’s how the rest of our competitors are going.
- Insert cunning title here—Chase Fisher was rolling along earlier this month and has since fallen off the beard-growing wagon. DISQUALIFIED
- Sync with me—Phil is still working hard at growing that beard. We believe in you!
- Push the limits—No photo updates since last week. DISQUALIFIED
- Beefcake Pantyhose—Tumblr account is too darn complicated and no photo updates found. DISQUALIFIED
- Doctor Hipster’s Office—We has such high hopes for Doctor Hipster but he hasn’t uploaded any new photos in more than a week. DISQUALIFIED
- Last chance to back out—No photo updates since last week. DISQUALIFIED
- Just a man and his dogs—Jason, 27, follows up a stellar week with two more beard-filled photos. Great work!
- Variables—No photo updates since last week. DISQUALIFIED
- If life is but a dream, what shall we wake up to?—Three photo updates in the last week. Beard-tastic!
- Get Bofucked—Despite the heat Brandon is getting at work over his beard, he stood strong and made two photo updates this week.
- Hi, It’s Jared—Two photo updates from Jared in the last week.
- PlanetRetaliate—It’s all about the beard (and regular photo updates).
- Like the thing Batman drives now—An itchy face has this Tumblr blogger digging deep for inspiration. Two photo updates in the last week!
- Anunt Singh—College beard, for the win!
- Alone for now—Solid beard coming in.
- Hail to the king, baby—Jacob’s beard is taking a little bit longer to grow. Three photo updates in the last week!
- Don’t look back—Classy looking beard.
- Saint and Sinner—No photo updates since last week. DISQUALIFIED
- No shave November—Another Tumblr account we had such high hopes for bites the dust. No updates in more than a week. DISQUALIFIED
- What’s up Nathan—At least one update from Nathan this week. Not sure if beard is just taking long to grow or he shaved. Still in the race…
- What could ever stop us?—Two more photo updates and a hint of a beard coming through.
- My favorite words—Chris is rocking and rolling with two photo updates this week. Just keep thinking beard-growing-thoughts.
- The New Kid on The Block—No updates in more than a week. DISQUALIFIED
- Chimie45—This is one gnarly looking beard.
- Mark just owned your face—Strong beard coming in.
- Pop Scenesters—A record eight updates from Pop Scenesters in the last week!
- Carlos Munroy—Ben is keeping it real with that beard.
Photo by dbenjamin
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.