- The internet is celebrating a ban on ‘gay and trans panic’ defense for murder Thursday 5:59 PM
- Jessica Simpson proudly announces the return of her ankles post-pregnancy Thursday 5:52 PM
- Anti-reparations speaker has a SoundCloud album called ‘My D*ck Works Fine!’ Thursday 5:04 PM
- Firearm companies can’t advertise guns on Instagram—but influencers can Thursday 4:29 PM
- Roy Moore is running for Senate again, despite… you know Thursday 3:34 PM
- 72 officers removed from patrol over ‘offensive’ Facebook posts Thursday 3:32 PM
- Cuba Gooding Jr. turned himself in to the police—and it’s a meme now Thursday 3:26 PM
- Facebook would like to remind the world it owns Instagram, WhatsApp, and Oculus Thursday 3:10 PM
- Kutcher, Kunis debunk divorce rumor—and fans reply with ‘That ‘70s Show’ memes Thursday 3:00 PM
- Yes, Tifa’s breasts are smaller in Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Here’s why Thursday 1:33 PM
- Google admits bug could let people spy on Nest cameras Thursday 1:29 PM
- The Trump 2020 bot campaign has begun Thursday 1:10 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in July 2019 Thursday 12:39 PM
- Suicides in the U.S. are increasing at terrifying rates Thursday 12:32 PM
- Hannah’s season of ‘The Bachelorette’ goes up in smoke amid drama, receipts Thursday 12:27 PM
Mom learns of her 20-year-old daughter’s nipple piercings from an X-ray
Part of growing up into adulthood means making your own decisions, and for better or for worse, sometimes young people choose to hide those decisions from their parents. The problem is, a lot of time, parents find out about those things anyway.
That’s exactly what happened to 20-year-old Sydney Allen, from Clearwater, Florida, who chose to get her nipples pierced for her birthday in June. Allen easily managed to hide the piercings from her mom—until a recent doctor’s appointment.
BuzzFeed News reports that Allen went in for a checkup on Tuesday for a spinal condition called syringomyelia, and an X-ray was part of the routine. It came as a huge shock to Allen that the X-ray revealed her nipple piercings, just as it would any metal. It came as an even bigger shock to her mom.
My mom found out I got my nipples pierced today pic.twitter.com/BCRE1dz68f
— Syd (@Sydney_allenn) October 23, 2018
“My mom saw my piercings as soon as the X-ray popped up and the doctor and I started laughing hysterically,” Allen told BuzzFeed News. She said her mom was less amused, looking silently at the image before saying (as so many moms have said before her), “We will discuss this later.”
Allen described her mom as “a bit conservative on appearances and hates tattoos and piercings,” adding that she was “visibly upset” at the X-ray. Luckily, she eventually came around.
“I was initially terrified when the X-ray came up, but she ended up being pretty understanding since no one can tell unless I show them,” Allen said.
The great irony, of course, is Allen then decided to share the story on Twitter, and it’s going viral. Others shared their reactions, and some even had similar stories.
Should’ve said you inhaled tiny dumbbells
— Stevelikeabee (@Scubba_Steve7) October 24, 2018
You must’ve been in the room after like pic.twitter.com/TliL3MPfiR
— Demetria Russell (@tiedye__feels) October 25, 2018
Girl, I feel ya pic.twitter.com/zOlfthrFHL
— ㅤgrim (@treefuzzz) October 24, 2018
Even more good news: As BuzzFeed News reports, Allen says her mom now sees the humor in the whole ordeal.
- Man says his 5-year-old son was threatened for wearing Hitler costume
- Beloved gay penguin couple welcomes adorable baby chick
- Hunter becomes the hunted after goat kill goes viral
H/T BuzzFeed News
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.