- PDF Association dunks on Mueller report PDF Friday 7:33 PM
- Robert Downey Jr. says ‘Endgame’ finale is ‘best 8 minutes’ of any MCU film Friday 4:42 PM
- Elizabeth Warren calls on Congress to impeach Trump Friday 3:43 PM
- BlackBerry Messenger is still a thing—but not for much longer Friday 2:56 PM
- Matt Gaetz hires speechwriter fired by White House for attending white nationalist event Friday 1:33 PM
- Here’s why Elon Musk is a sheep on Twitter Friday 12:14 PM
- Trump is already running Facebook ads on the Mueller report Friday 12:07 PM
- 20 thoughtful gifts grads actually want Friday 12:00 PM
- 7 of the best psychological thriller movies on Shudder Friday 11:44 AM
- Seth Abramson’s epic Mueller thread finally comes to a conclusion Friday 11:40 AM
- Netflix is testing out a random play feature Friday 11:28 AM
- Teen star Danielle Cohn faked pregnancy for YouTube prank Friday 10:55 AM
- How to watch ‘A Discovery of Witches’ for free Friday 10:42 AM
- Rev up your own family rivalries with these ‘Game of Thrones’ board games Friday 10:29 AM
- Mueller’s ‘harm to ongoing matter’ is the best way to stay silent about your life Friday 10:21 AM
Mom learns of her 20-year-old daughter’s nipple piercings from an X-ray
Part of growing up into adulthood means making your own decisions, and for better or for worse, sometimes young people choose to hide those decisions from their parents. The problem is, a lot of time, parents find out about those things anyway.
That’s exactly what happened to 20-year-old Sydney Allen, from Clearwater, Florida, who chose to get her nipples pierced for her birthday in June. Allen easily managed to hide the piercings from her mom—until a recent doctor’s appointment.
BuzzFeed News reports that Allen went in for a checkup on Tuesday for a spinal condition called syringomyelia, and an X-ray was part of the routine. It came as a huge shock to Allen that the X-ray revealed her nipple piercings, just as it would any metal. It came as an even bigger shock to her mom.
My mom found out I got my nipples pierced today pic.twitter.com/BCRE1dz68f
— Syd (@Sydney_allenn) October 23, 2018
“My mom saw my piercings as soon as the X-ray popped up and the doctor and I started laughing hysterically,” Allen told BuzzFeed News. She said her mom was less amused, looking silently at the image before saying (as so many moms have said before her), “We will discuss this later.”
Allen described her mom as “a bit conservative on appearances and hates tattoos and piercings,” adding that she was “visibly upset” at the X-ray. Luckily, she eventually came around.
“I was initially terrified when the X-ray came up, but she ended up being pretty understanding since no one can tell unless I show them,” Allen said.
The great irony, of course, is Allen then decided to share the story on Twitter, and it’s going viral. Others shared their reactions, and some even had similar stories.
Should’ve said you inhaled tiny dumbbells
— Stevelikeabee (@Scubba_Steve7) October 24, 2018
You must’ve been in the room after like pic.twitter.com/TliL3MPfiR
— Demetria Russell (@tiedye__feels) October 25, 2018
Girl, I feel ya pic.twitter.com/zOlfthrFHL
— ㅤgrim (@treefuzzz) October 24, 2018
Even more good news: As BuzzFeed News reports, Allen says her mom now sees the humor in the whole ordeal.
- Man says his 5-year-old son was threatened for wearing Hitler costume
- Beloved gay penguin couple welcomes adorable baby chick
- Hunter becomes the hunted after goat kill goes viral
H/T BuzzFeed News
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.