- QAnon-touting congressman sneaks ‘Epstein Didn’t Kill Himself’ into tweets Wednesday 7:12 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez met a famous drag queen–and the right melted down Wednesday 6:09 PM
- Woman says Lyft driver tried to kidnap her Wednesday 5:18 PM
- Debunking the right-wing conspiracy theories from today’s impeachment hearing Wednesday 4:29 PM
- Maroon 5 approves of the latest TikTok trend Wednesday 3:54 PM
- ‘One month left in the decade’ meme wants to know what you’ve accomplished Wednesday 3:53 PM
- Facebook Pay is the latest way to send your friends money Wednesday 3:31 PM
- Diving into ‘The Mandalorian’s first big shocker Wednesday 3:17 PM
- Disney+ will allow password sharing—to an extent Wednesday 1:12 PM
- Black server says manager refused to discipline coworkers who sent racist receipt Wednesday 12:47 PM
- Who is Jonah Hauer-King, Disney’s new Prince Eric? Wednesday 12:47 PM
- Cut Katherine Langford ‘Avengers: Endgame’ scene lands on Disney+ Wednesday 12:22 PM
- Planned Parenthood app to show abortion-seeking users their nearest options Wednesday 12:21 PM
- ‘The Imagineering Story’ offers touching insight into Walt Disney’s vision Wednesday 11:57 AM
- YouTube mom who was charged with child abuse dead at 48 Wednesday 11:39 AM
NASA Space Shuttle Discovery makes final voyage
Strapped on the top of a Boeing 747, the famous space shuttle was chartered to its final resting place at the Steven F Udvar-Hazy Center on Tuesday.
The NASA Space Shuttle Discovery was on a mission Tuesday, but its destination wasn’t space.
Strapped on the top of a Boeing 747, the shuttle flew to its final resting spot, a permanent display space at the Steven F Udvar-Hazy Center, an annex of the Smithsonian Institution’s National Air and Space Museum in Chantilly, Va.
But before touching down at Dulles Airport, the Discovery had one last hurrah. As thousands gathered to watch, the shuttle flew low over Washington DC’s most recognizable monuments.
Luckily, onlookers came to the event armed with their smartphones. The Daily Dot has collected some of our favorites in a Storify. As stunning a sight as the shuttle was, there’s nothing Instagram filters can’t improve.
Photo by Michael Peter Edson
Lauren Rae Orsini is a web culture reporter who specializes in anime and the business of fandom. Her work has been published by Forbes and Business Insider.