- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Saturday 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Saturday 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
The clip—uploaded by Megan herself—shows the white, Bay Area rapper passionately kissing all over her face and neck. The video also had the popular hip-hop song “High Fashion” with the lyrics “You don’t gotta deal with none of these n****s no more” playing in the background.
It is still unclear if the two are indeed an item or if this was simply a Super Bowl publicity stunt, but the attention is certainly working for G-Eazy. According to Trends 24, which matters Twitter trends, the rapper is currently trending at No. 1 thanks to more than 126,000 tweets.
The “Hotties,” a nickname for Megan fans, lost their minds as Twitter was soon flooded with memes mostly sharing disbelief and in some cases anguish over the twosome.
Many Black men felt slighted and shared their disappointment at her latest love interest. Some even referenced its juxtaposition with Black History Month.
“G EASY AND MEGAN THE STALLION? During BLACK HISTORY MONTH????” @ Icarus_Cash wrote while sharing a meme of a Black man with a scowl in traditional African headwear.
G EASY AND MEGAN THE STALLION? During BLACK HISTORY MONTH???? pic.twitter.com/ZvsGsdQD7w— 🕊 (@Icarus_Cash) February 3, 2020
“MEGAN??? G EAZY??? On the 3rd day of Black History month??? I hate it here,” one user tweeted.
MEGAN??? G EAZY??? On the 3rd day of Black History month??? I hate it here🚶🏾♂️ pic.twitter.com/AS1Ed9wnEA— $lime $ad 🙁 💚 (@SadBoyBry) February 3, 2020
“The fact that the lyric ‘you ain’t gotta fuck with these n****s no more’ played in that video of ….. lmfaoooo love you see it,” @a_blizzle joked referencing the possible theme of the lyrics.
“Malcolm X in heaven watching G Eazy suck the black off Megan Thee Stallion’s face,” wrote another user while referencing the iconic leader of the Black Panther movement.
Malcolm X in heaven watching G Eazy suck the black off Megan Thee Stallion’s face pic.twitter.com/XHHDIgWFsw— Heel Turn Haden (@_TheSonOfMars_) February 3, 2020
“Why did i just wake up to g eazy’s paper cut lips latched on to my queen megan jovon ruth pete the stallion’s ebony goddess cheek?” questioned another fan.
why did i just wake up to g eazy’s paper cut lips latched on to my queen megan jovon ruth pete the stallion’s ebony goddess cheek— britneyspheres (@santanabandanas) February 3, 2020
“I saw a video that was captioned, ‘Megan Thee Stallion and G Easy said mind ya business’ while he’s slathering his spit on her cheek and the first thing I thought was, ‘well I didn’t fucking ask’ Some things can just stay in the gallery or snapchat downloads. Eww,” @kali_mamii stated sharing her disgust.
I saw a video that was captioned, "Megan Thee Stallion and G Easy said mind ya business" while he's slathering his spit on her cheek and the first thing I thought was, "well I didn't fucking ask" 😂— yungxbruja (@kali_mamii) February 3, 2020
Some things can just stay in the gallery or snapchat downloads. Eww 😂 pic.twitter.com/wxZdSl8FiN
“Gerald? Gerald Easy? G EAZY? REALLY?” tweeted @IcyOdell using G Eazy’s (very Caucasian-sounding) government name.
“It’s one thing you went with a white boy. But you chose G-Easy tho? G fucking eazy?! Really?” angrily wrote @divinenesew.
@theestallion it’s one thing you went with a white boy. But you chose G-Easy tho? G fucking eazy?! Really?— Malique (@divinenesew) February 3, 2020
We’ll update this story as we learn more.
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.