- How to live stream the 2020 Grammy Awards 3 Years Ago
- Technology created deepfakes—does it have a way to stop them, too? 3 Years Ago
- SESTA-FOSTA is ‘detrimental’ to sex workers’ safety, study confirms Today 6:00 AM
- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
- The best upcoming video games to look out for in February 2020 Saturday 5:23 PM
- TikTok teens use AirPods and Google Translate to secretly talk in class Saturday 4:32 PM
- Video shows corpses of coronavirus victims lying in China hospital Saturday 3:44 PM
- Kid meets Slipknot after drumming video goes viral Saturday 2:30 PM
- Channing Tatum responds to troll who tried to compare Jenna Dewan and Jessie J’s looks Saturday 1:46 PM
- Grindr pulls an ‘I don’t know her’ after Eminem suggests he uses the app Saturday 12:48 PM
- Here are the top 10 most popular Instagram models in 2020 Saturday 12:21 PM
- ‘The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ takes its characters on a fantasy adventure to Hell in season 3 Saturday 11:37 AM
- Woman no longer in sorority, school after racist MLK post Saturday 10:45 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Miss Americana’ starts to deconstruct the myth of Taylor Swift Saturday 10:32 AM
Following in Cover Girl’s footsteps, Maybelline has just announced that its newest mascara spokesperson is a male beauty vlogger. Welcome Manny Gutierrez, the face of Big Shot mascara.
@mannymua733 was never as confident in his natural lashes as he was on set of the #bigshotmasacara campaign. If you watch his YouTube videos, you know that. He was SHOOK once he tried the mascara, amazed by his lashes and as a result – so confident on set. He really did boss up. 👊🏼
A photo posted by Maybelline New York (@maybelline) on
2017 you are off to an AMAZING START OMG! So excited to finally announce that I am part of the @maybelline #bigshotmascara campaign! Honestly I couldn’t be more honored thrilled! Thank you to Maybelline for taking a chance on me! I look forward to working together so much more 😍😍😍 #Maybellinepartner #IworkedwithMaybellineOMG #pinchme #notthathardthough
A video posted by 🌙Manny Gutierrez (@mannymua733) on
Gutierrez has been vlogging since 2014 and writes on YouTube, “I believe makeup is GenderLESS and has no rules!” On Instagram, he announced his partnership with Maybelline by saying, “Honestly I couldn’t be more honored thrilled! Thank you to Maybelline for taking a chance on me!”
It’s pretty cool that mainstream makeup companies are showing they’re not just for white women. After all, men have always worn makeup.
Jaya Saxena is a lifestyle writer and editor whose work focuses primarily on women's issues and web culture. Her writing has appeared in GQ, ELLE, the Toast, the New Yorker, Tthe Hairpin, BuzzFeed, Racked, Eater, Catapult, and others. She is the co-author of 'Dad Magazine,' the author of 'The Book Of Lost Recipes,' and the co-author of 'Basic Witches.'