- Man dragged for recording, posting video of neighbor being ‘killed’ instead of helping Saturday 4:14 PM
- How to stream Saints vs. Bears in Week 7 Saturday 3:25 PM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Ravens in Week 7 Saturday 3:25 PM
- Are TikTok teens throwing up gang signs in their videos? Saturday 2:45 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters believe ‘deep state’ tried to sabotage rally Saturday 12:51 PM
- How to stream 49ers vs. Redskins in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Cardinals vs. Giants in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Raiders in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Vikings vs. Lions in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Rams vs. Falcons in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- Billie Eilish fans think they figured out who stole her ring Saturday 11:32 AM
- ‘Give me candy’: Hailey Bieber mocked for defense of celebrating Halloween as a Christian Saturday 10:28 AM
- Aaron Paul predicted Jesse Pinkman’s fate on Reddit years ago Saturday 8:53 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Eli’ is a satisfyingly nasty blend of haunted houses and medical horror Saturday 7:00 AM
- Why 8chan’s founder is fighting to keep the infamous message board dead Saturday 6:30 AM
Following in Cover Girl’s footsteps, Maybelline has just announced that its newest mascara spokesperson is a male beauty vlogger. Welcome Manny Gutierrez, the face of Big Shot mascara.
@mannymua733 was never as confident in his natural lashes as he was on set of the #bigshotmasacara campaign. If you watch his YouTube videos, you know that. He was SHOOK once he tried the mascara, amazed by his lashes and as a result – so confident on set. He really did boss up. 👊🏼
A photo posted by Maybelline New York (@maybelline) on
2017 you are off to an AMAZING START OMG! So excited to finally announce that I am part of the @maybelline #bigshotmascara campaign! Honestly I couldn’t be more honored thrilled! Thank you to Maybelline for taking a chance on me! I look forward to working together so much more 😍😍😍 #Maybellinepartner #IworkedwithMaybellineOMG #pinchme #notthathardthough
A video posted by 🌙Manny Gutierrez (@mannymua733) on
Gutierrez has been vlogging since 2014 and writes on YouTube, “I believe makeup is GenderLESS and has no rules!” On Instagram, he announced his partnership with Maybelline by saying, “Honestly I couldn’t be more honored thrilled! Thank you to Maybelline for taking a chance on me!”
It’s pretty cool that mainstream makeup companies are showing they’re not just for white women. After all, men have always worn makeup.
Jaya Saxena is a lifestyle writer and editor whose work focuses primarily on women's issues and web culture. Her writing has appeared in GQ, ELLE, the Toast, the New Yorker, Tthe Hairpin, BuzzFeed, Racked, Eater, Catapult, and others. She is the co-author of 'Dad Magazine,' the author of 'The Book Of Lost Recipes,' and the co-author of 'Basic Witches.'