- Minions memes are more popular than the far-right on Telegram 2 Years Ago
- ‘Best of Nextdoor’ reveals the true insanity of modern life 2 Years Ago
- How to watch ‘Jeopardy’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- There’s a water bottle hiding in the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Today 6:46 AM
- What happens to Disney’s Loki TV series after ‘Avengers: Endgame’? Today 6:30 AM
- Brienne writing Jaime’s history is the best meme from the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Today 6:25 AM
- How to stream live TV on PlayStation 4 Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Disney XD online for free Today 5:30 AM
- Who survived the ‘Game of Thrones’ series finale? Sunday 10:21 PM
- Justin Bieber fans are damaging one of Iceland’s top tourist spots Sunday 1:28 PM
- James Charles drops 41-minute response video to Tati Westbrook’s accusations Sunday 1:15 PM
- Watch what happens when this Twitch streamer quits his job on camera Sunday 12:25 PM
- Men are finally sharing their abortion stories Sunday 10:58 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Maria’ is a trigger-happy B-movie Sunday 9:07 AM
- How to stream Money in the Bank 2019 for free Sunday 9:00 AM
Following in Cover Girl’s footsteps, Maybelline has just announced that its newest mascara spokesperson is a male beauty vlogger. Welcome Manny Gutierrez, the face of Big Shot mascara.
@mannymua733 was never as confident in his natural lashes as he was on set of the #bigshotmasacara campaign. If you watch his YouTube videos, you know that. He was SHOOK once he tried the mascara, amazed by his lashes and as a result – so confident on set. He really did boss up. 👊🏼
A photo posted by Maybelline New York (@maybelline) on
2017 you are off to an AMAZING START OMG! So excited to finally announce that I am part of the @maybelline #bigshotmascara campaign! Honestly I couldn’t be more honored thrilled! Thank you to Maybelline for taking a chance on me! I look forward to working together so much more 😍😍😍 #Maybellinepartner #IworkedwithMaybellineOMG #pinchme #notthathardthough
A video posted by 🌙Manny Gutierrez (@mannymua733) on
Gutierrez has been vlogging since 2014 and writes on YouTube, “I believe makeup is GenderLESS and has no rules!” On Instagram, he announced his partnership with Maybelline by saying, “Honestly I couldn’t be more honored thrilled! Thank you to Maybelline for taking a chance on me!”
It’s pretty cool that mainstream makeup companies are showing they’re not just for white women. After all, men have always worn makeup.
Jaya Saxena is a lifestyle writer and editor whose work focuses primarily on women's issues and web culture. Her writing has appeared in GQ, ELLE, the Toast, the New Yorker, Tthe Hairpin, BuzzFeed, Racked, Eater, Catapult, and others. She is the co-author of 'Dad Magazine,' the author of 'The Book Of Lost Recipes,' and the co-author of 'Basic Witches.'