- Solange sings along to Ariana Grande on Instagram Stories—and fans are obsessed 2 Years Ago
- How to stream the entire ’30 For 30′ series for free 2 Years Ago
- Swipe This! My happiest Facebook Memories are making me miserable 2 Years Ago
- Musketeers: Welcome to the global Elon Musk fan network 2 Years Ago
- Lawsuit alleges YouTube’s unboxing videos are ‘abusive’ ads aimed at kids Sunday 3:48 PM
- Dr. Dre shades Lori Loughlin with Instagram flex about his daughter getting into USC Sunday 3:13 PM
- University of Georgia frat’s racist Snapchat video draws campus outrage Sunday 1:21 PM
- Facing criticism for eating fish, vegan YouTube star Rawvana speaks out Sunday 10:47 AM
- Arnold Schwarzenegger chases mini-pony in new TikTok video Sunday 9:19 AM
- Review: ‘Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice’ is a cut above the rest Sunday 8:00 AM
- Where do 2020 Democratic candidates stand on healthcare? Sunday 7:30 AM
- How to (legally) stream live TV on Kodi Sunday 7:00 AM
- ‘Delhi Crime’ tackles inequality and women’s rights Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 STP 500 at Martinsville Speedway for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
Following in Cover Girl’s footsteps, Maybelline has just announced that its newest mascara spokesperson is a male beauty vlogger. Welcome Manny Gutierrez, the face of Big Shot mascara.
@mannymua733 was never as confident in his natural lashes as he was on set of the #bigshotmasacara campaign. If you watch his YouTube videos, you know that. He was SHOOK once he tried the mascara, amazed by his lashes and as a result – so confident on set. He really did boss up. 👊🏼
A photo posted by Maybelline New York (@maybelline) on
2017 you are off to an AMAZING START OMG! So excited to finally announce that I am part of the @maybelline #bigshotmascara campaign! Honestly I couldn’t be more honored thrilled! Thank you to Maybelline for taking a chance on me! I look forward to working together so much more 😍😍😍 #Maybellinepartner #IworkedwithMaybellineOMG #pinchme #notthathardthough
A video posted by 🌙Manny Gutierrez (@mannymua733) on
Gutierrez has been vlogging since 2014 and writes on YouTube, “I believe makeup is GenderLESS and has no rules!” On Instagram, he announced his partnership with Maybelline by saying, “Honestly I couldn’t be more honored thrilled! Thank you to Maybelline for taking a chance on me!”
It’s pretty cool that mainstream makeup companies are showing they’re not just for white women. After all, men have always worn makeup.
Jaya Saxena is a lifestyle writer and editor whose work focuses primarily on women's issues and web culture. Her writing has appeared in GQ, ELLE, the Toast, the New Yorker, Tthe Hairpin, BuzzFeed, Racked, Eater, Catapult, and others. She is the co-author of 'Dad Magazine,' the author of 'The Book Of Lost Recipes,' and the co-author of 'Basic Witches.'