- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X 3 Years Ago
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish 3 Years Ago
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ 3 Years Ago
- Report: ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 to begin shooting in October Today 11:03 AM
- AT&T paid Michael Cohen to consult on net neutrality, FBI documents show Today 9:10 AM
- Mysterio’s ruse changes on a second viewing of ‘Far From Home’ Today 9:06 AM
- Twitter overturns Barrett Brown’s third permanent suspension Today 8:49 AM
- How to live stream Liga MX Today 7:56 AM
- The QBaby’s parents are already trying to profit off their kid’s fame Today 7:45 AM
- How do 4DX movies work? Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Terminator 2’s John Connor will return for ‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ Today 6:41 AM
- What are all these ‘Game of Thrones’ fans supposed to do now? Today 6:00 AM
- The new ‘Cats’ trailer is here to make you want to claw your eyes out Thursday 7:59 PM
- Bella Thorne claims Tana Mongeau ‘broke girl code’ in a series of messy tweets Thursday 7:00 PM
- Redditors keep this data engineer’s plants alive for him Thursday 5:20 PM
Following in Cover Girl’s footsteps, Maybelline has just announced that its newest mascara spokesperson is a male beauty vlogger. Welcome Manny Gutierrez, the face of Big Shot mascara.
@mannymua733 was never as confident in his natural lashes as he was on set of the #bigshotmasacara campaign. If you watch his YouTube videos, you know that. He was SHOOK once he tried the mascara, amazed by his lashes and as a result – so confident on set. He really did boss up. 👊🏼
A photo posted by Maybelline New York (@maybelline) on
2017 you are off to an AMAZING START OMG! So excited to finally announce that I am part of the @maybelline #bigshotmascara campaign! Honestly I couldn’t be more honored thrilled! Thank you to Maybelline for taking a chance on me! I look forward to working together so much more 😍😍😍 #Maybellinepartner #IworkedwithMaybellineOMG #pinchme #notthathardthough
A video posted by 🌙Manny Gutierrez (@mannymua733) on
Gutierrez has been vlogging since 2014 and writes on YouTube, “I believe makeup is GenderLESS and has no rules!” On Instagram, he announced his partnership with Maybelline by saying, “Honestly I couldn’t be more honored thrilled! Thank you to Maybelline for taking a chance on me!”
It’s pretty cool that mainstream makeup companies are showing they’re not just for white women. After all, men have always worn makeup.
Jaya Saxena is a lifestyle writer and editor whose work focuses primarily on women's issues and web culture. Her writing has appeared in GQ, ELLE, the Toast, the New Yorker, Tthe Hairpin, BuzzFeed, Racked, Eater, Catapult, and others. She is the co-author of 'Dad Magazine,' the author of 'The Book Of Lost Recipes,' and the co-author of 'Basic Witches.'