- Pediatrician gets death threats after pro-vaccine TikTok video Monday 9:37 PM
- This Australia-themed dildo is raising money to fight the bushfires Monday 8:26 PM
- Influencers say they’ve received unwanted sexual solicitations worth thousands Monday 7:39 PM
- Pregnant woman masterfully trolls gender-obsessed relative Monday 3:05 PM
- HBO’s ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ returns from a 2-year break with brand new ways to make you cringe Monday 3:00 PM
- Far-right accused of impersonating antifa online to encourage violence at Richmond rally Monday 1:59 PM
- Second Amendment protesters defend gun rights with truly terrible signs Monday 12:52 PM
- David Lynch surprises fans by dropping Netflix short out of the blue Monday 12:29 PM
- Poop-focused parody of Kent State Gun Girl sparks conservative ire Monday 11:58 AM
- 6-year-old raises $250K for Australian bushfires by making clay koalas Monday 11:31 AM
- What you need to know about Clearview AI and its facial recognition app Monday 10:36 AM
- Apple TV+ gets its first SAG Award while Netflix and Amazon nab 2 each Monday 10:07 AM
- Facebook apologizes for translating Chinese president’s name to ‘Mr. Sh*thole’ Monday 9:45 AM
- New York Times endorses Klobarren for president Monday 8:45 AM
- 6 gift cards that make for the most thoughtful Valentine’s Day gift ideas Monday 8:16 AM
ManyVids is one of the biggest names in the independent adult video world, in part thanks to its sizable feature lists. Through the site, viewers can send performers custom video requests, order video memberships, exchange numbers, or set up a video call. Sure, ManyVids is a video site, but it’s also a bit of a misnomer. It’s more like a one-stop-shop for adult models running their own business.
But despite ManyVids’ popularity, its various subscription tiers can be complicated to understand. That’s doubly the case if you’re debating between an MV Star’s membership or a premium account. Read on for everything you need to know about the various subscription services ManyVids offers.
ManyVids Premium and MV Star cost
By now, you’ve probably noticed a running pattern: ManyVids takes common business models enjoyed by the DIY adult industry and utilizes them on the site as separate services. Each can be confusing for performers, let alone viewers, and some benefit models more than others. For reference, here are all the options ManyVids gives you for subscription-based content:
- MV Star’s Membership: Also known as a “membership” or “vid membership.” This is a recurring subscription service that lets users access a model’s full or nearly full video catalog. Prices vary per star.
- MV Crush Club: Subscription to exclusive fan pictures, videos, and more. Prices vary per star.
- ManyVids Premium Membership: A special ManyVids membership deal granting various sitewide perks. Starts at $29.99 per month through $119.94 per year.
Stars can pick and choose which services to offer, and they are allowed to set the rates for their MV Crush and Membership.
- What is ManyVids?
- The best sites for ethical porn
- Here are the top free HD porn sites on the internet
- Here are 10 unexpected benefits of watching porn
- The best 4K porn sites on the internet
Which ManyVids subscriptions should you get?
MV Crush Club
MV Crush Club, or just MV Crush for short, is basically ManyVids’ version of OnlyFans, and users subscribe for exclusive content sent straight to them. MV Crush is a great way to simultaneously support a star you love and receive special goodies for your troubles. It’s usually a relatively cheap option compared to an MV Star membership.
Before subscribing, check and see how much MV Crush material you’re actually receiving from a star. While some performers offer a significant backlog, others rarely use their MV Crush Club, either because they save exclusive posts for their OnlyFans or because it just isn’t a popular investment for them.
MV Star Membership
In terms of bang for your buck, the MV Star Membership is a fantastic option if you enjoy video content from a specific star and would rather have unlimited access to it. While generally more expensive than an MV Crush, membership programs offer an enormous range of videos if not a star’s entire catalog. Think of it like an unlimited access pass renewed in recurring installments. Because membership prices can add up (many 12-month deals start at $100 or $200 annually, if not more), it’s always best to subscribe to a star with a prolific and regularly updated catalog. Do the math before you buy. Sometimes it’s cheaper to purchase your favorite videos a la carte.
With ManyVids Premium, users receive a bold username and icon, access to any blocked previews, and free token bundles. Its most noteworthy addition includes MV Messenger, which lets users message MV Stars and exchange photos. A premium membership is a pretty solid investment if you’re interested in standing out during live shows and networking with models. However, premium doesn’t have many perks to balance out the cost, and while it’s relatively inexpensive, your money is better spent paying models directly. Of course, if you have the cash lying around, $120 per year may not be a bad call.
In short, grab MV Crush if you want regular, exclusive content. Pick up an MV Star’s Membership if you want an enormous backlog from a specific performer. Go with ManyVids Premium if you want to flex your muscle or build a professional, viewer-client rapport with performers.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Ana Valens is a reporter specializing in online queer communities, marginalized identities, and adult content creation. She is Daily Dot's Trans/Sex columnist. Her work has appeared at Vice, Vox, Truthout, Bitch Media, Kill Screen, Rolling Stone, and the Toast. She lives in Brooklyn, New York, and spends her free time developing queer adult games.