- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Saturday 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Saturday 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
While it’s a little strange to think of celebrities swiping through dating apps to find their next potential love interest, Hale says she jumped onto a VIP dating app (that wasn’t even named because of how VIP it is) after finally growing out of her “bad boys” phase.
“I used to be really drawn to, like, damaged people who had been through some shit,” she admitted. “Now, I’m like, ‘You can be nice but not boring. Nice but not a dud.’”
But old habits die hard, seeing as how her subsequent foray into the world of dating apps saw her trying to match with John Mayer, whose reputation when it comes to dating doesn’t necessarily paint him out to be a great partner.
“John Mayer is on [the app]. And I pressed yes for him, but I don’t think he pressed yes for me,” Hale said before addressing his reputation. “I’m so drawn to musical talent, I don’t care.”
Mayer has made headlines recently as Jessica Simpson, who he dated back in 2006, prepares to release her memoir on Feb. 4. Interviews have already revealed that she discusses him frequently throughout the book, calling their relationship manipulative and saying he was obsessed with her in the worst of ways.
Remember when John Mayer was offended that Taylor Swift called him out on his pretentiousness and sense of superiority and it turns out Jessica Simpson had the exact same experience pic.twitter.com/6kmgZKSapP— Katy 🏹 (@KatyWinterburn) January 30, 2020
It’s yet another stain on Mayer’s long and tumultuous dating history, which includes past relationships with Katy Perry, Jennifer Aniston, and Taylor Swift, whose song “Dear John,” about being manipulated by an older guy, is reportedly about him.
So as disappointing as rejection always is, it seems likely Hale dodged a bullet by never matching with the “Your Body is a Wonderland” singer on the mysterious VIP app.
And it sounds like she’s perfectly content being single for the time being anyway.
“When I was younger, I was constantly wanting to be with or date someone because I was so deathly afraid of being single or by myself,” the Pretty Little Liars star said. “Now, I’m at the point where if I meet someone, they better really elevate my life, because I love being single.”
- James Blunt burns John Mayer on Twitter
- A beginner’s guide to the League, your favorite elitist dating app
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ copycat scare leads to teens’ arrest
Rachel Kiley is a writer who sometimes writes things and sometimes is based in L.A., but is definitely always on Twitter @rachelkiley.