- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Friday 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Friday 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Friday 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Friday 11:49 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme Friday 11:10 AM
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Friday 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Friday 10:34 AM
In a 10-page handwritten note posted to her Facebook page, the performer who popularized the second-best impression of Sarah Palin displayed an impressive mastery of cursive (a lost art!) while explaining that at the age of 42, she was ready to take a step back. She’ll be retiring from all on-camera performances, focusing on behind-the-scenes consulting instead.
2014 will be my last year performing in front of the camera doing sex scenes for you. Yes, I am retiring. I wanted to tell you first, myself. It took hours a day, months on end, to try to decide how I was going to tell you, while knowing the entire time I was ready to create change in my life.
Lisa Ann assured fans it wouldn’t be the last they’d be seeing of her. She’ll still be sharing previously recorded scenes and doing occasional cam shows through her personal website, as well as developing a product line for Fleshlight. Primarily, the star will be focusing her efforts branching out from her on-camera work: She’s launching a consulting company, the Porn Stars Boot Camp, with fellow industry veteran Jayden James, and will be spending more time becoming a fantasy football talking head through her Sirius XM radio show, Fantasy Sports Radio.
While it’s great to see adult performers branching out in their second acts, many do choose to rejoin the industry. And with a presidential campaign just a couple years away, there’s hope for an even better impression of future vice-president hopefuls to come.
Beejoli Shah is a reporter and editor whose work focuses on entertainment, internet culture, and social justice. Her work has been published in Rolling Stone, Cosmopolitan, Fusion, New York Magazine, the Guardian, and BuzzFeed, among others.