- We now probably know the final runtime for ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Monday 11:06 PM
- Cardi B says she drugged, robbed men in her past on Instagram Live Monday 8:03 PM
- Twitter thread roasts bathtub tray ads for women Monday 7:21 PM
- Nintendo set to release two new models of the Switch—possibly in 2019 Monday 6:45 PM
- Viral cat video ‘Dear Kitten’ finds new life in TikTok challenge Monday 5:30 PM
- Here’s every show that was announced at the Apple TV+ kickoff Monday 3:53 PM
- ‘Shazam!’ embraces the spectacle and heart of the superhero genre Monday 3:45 PM
- How to mute Twitter’s suggested tweets on your timeline Monday 3:02 PM
- What you need to know about Apple’s new streaming service Monday 2:32 PM
- Text-message fanfiction is taking over Instagram Monday 1:54 PM
- Your Asus computer might have a secret backdoor Monday 1:06 PM
- Trump is already fundraising off the Mueller report—even though no one’s seen it Monday 1:01 PM
- Michael Avenatti charged with trying to extort $20 million from Nike Monday 12:51 PM
- Logan Paul says being a YouTuber is ‘wack’ Monday 12:14 PM
- James Comey posts from a forest in wake of Mueller report Monday 10:35 AM
Lisa Ann, star of Who’s Nailin’ Paylin, announced her retirement in a handwritten Facebook post.
In a 10-page handwritten note posted to her Facebook page, the performer who popularized the second-best impression of Sarah Palin displayed an impressive mastery of cursive (a lost art!) while explaining that at the age of 42, she was ready to take a step back. She’ll be retiring from all on-camera performances, focusing on behind-the-scenes consulting instead.
2014 will be my last year performing in front of the camera doing sex scenes for you. Yes, I am retiring. I wanted to tell you first, myself. It took hours a day, months on end, to try to decide how I was going to tell you, while knowing the entire time I was ready to create change in my life.
Lisa Ann assured fans it wouldn’t be the last they’d be seeing of her. She’ll still be sharing previously recorded scenes and doing occasional cam shows through her personal website, as well as developing a product line for Fleshlight. Primarily, the star will be focusing her efforts branching out from her on-camera work: She’s launching a consulting company, the Porn Stars Boot Camp, with fellow industry veteran Jayden James, and will be spending more time becoming a fantasy football talking head through her Sirius XM radio show, Fantasy Sports Radio.
While it’s great to see adult performers branching out in their second acts, many do choose to rejoin the industry. And with a presidential campaign just a couple years away, there’s hope for an even better impression of future vice-president hopefuls to come.
Beejoli Shah is a reporter and editor whose work focuses on entertainment, internet culture, and social justice. Her work has been published in Rolling Stone, Cosmopolitan, Fusion, New York Magazine, the Guardian, and BuzzFeed, among others.