- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video Today 9:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Today 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Saturday 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Saturday 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Saturday 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Saturday 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Saturday 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Saturday 8:28 AM
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Saturday 8:00 AM
In a 10-page handwritten note posted to her Facebook page, the performer who popularized the second-best impression of Sarah Palin displayed an impressive mastery of cursive (a lost art!) while explaining that at the age of 42, she was ready to take a step back. She’ll be retiring from all on-camera performances, focusing on behind-the-scenes consulting instead.
2014 will be my last year performing in front of the camera doing sex scenes for you. Yes, I am retiring. I wanted to tell you first, myself. It took hours a day, months on end, to try to decide how I was going to tell you, while knowing the entire time I was ready to create change in my life.
Lisa Ann assured fans it wouldn’t be the last they’d be seeing of her. She’ll still be sharing previously recorded scenes and doing occasional cam shows through her personal website, as well as developing a product line for Fleshlight. Primarily, the star will be focusing her efforts branching out from her on-camera work: She’s launching a consulting company, the Porn Stars Boot Camp, with fellow industry veteran Jayden James, and will be spending more time becoming a fantasy football talking head through her Sirius XM radio show, Fantasy Sports Radio.
While it’s great to see adult performers branching out in their second acts, many do choose to rejoin the industry. And with a presidential campaign just a couple years away, there’s hope for an even better impression of future vice-president hopefuls to come.
Beejoli Shah is a reporter and editor whose work focuses on entertainment, internet culture, and social justice. Her work has been published in Rolling Stone, Cosmopolitan, Fusion, New York Magazine, the Guardian, and BuzzFeed, among others.