- No-fly zone implemented over Area 51 ahead of Alienstock festival 5 Years Ago
- TikTok accused of censoring content about Hong Kong protests 5 Years Ago
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em, Week 3: At the Bakery 5 Years Ago
- Alex Trebek says he will be undergoing chemotherapy again 5 Years Ago
- Dan Crenshaw roasted after attacking Sanders’ call for veteran care 5 Years Ago
- How to stream NXT for its USA network debut Today 4:12 PM
- This website will show you how AI classifies you Today 3:22 PM
- School tells Black 4-year-old to cut his hair or wear a dress Today 3:17 PM
- Lizzo called a ‘snitch’ for accusing Postmates runner of stealing food Today 2:30 PM
- Government sues Edward Snowden for breaking a non-disclosure agreement Today 2:21 PM
- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Olympiacos in the Champions League Today 1:56 PM
- ‘Love Island’ star’s Instagram photo doctored for MAGA hat ad Today 1:16 PM
- Los Tigres del Norte carry on Johnny Cash’s legacy in stellar Folsom Prison concert film Today 1:05 PM
- Keke Palmer’s ‘sorry to this man’ meme is perfect Today 12:59 PM
- Hoodies with fake bullet holes from prominent school shootings spark outrage Today 12:44 PM
In a 10-page handwritten note posted to her Facebook page, the performer who popularized the second-best impression of Sarah Palin displayed an impressive mastery of cursive (a lost art!) while explaining that at the age of 42, she was ready to take a step back. She’ll be retiring from all on-camera performances, focusing on behind-the-scenes consulting instead.
2014 will be my last year performing in front of the camera doing sex scenes for you. Yes, I am retiring. I wanted to tell you first, myself. It took hours a day, months on end, to try to decide how I was going to tell you, while knowing the entire time I was ready to create change in my life.
Lisa Ann assured fans it wouldn’t be the last they’d be seeing of her. She’ll still be sharing previously recorded scenes and doing occasional cam shows through her personal website, as well as developing a product line for Fleshlight. Primarily, the star will be focusing her efforts branching out from her on-camera work: She’s launching a consulting company, the Porn Stars Boot Camp, with fellow industry veteran Jayden James, and will be spending more time becoming a fantasy football talking head through her Sirius XM radio show, Fantasy Sports Radio.
While it’s great to see adult performers branching out in their second acts, many do choose to rejoin the industry. And with a presidential campaign just a couple years away, there’s hope for an even better impression of future vice-president hopefuls to come.
Beejoli Shah is a reporter and editor whose work focuses on entertainment, internet culture, and social justice. Her work has been published in Rolling Stone, Cosmopolitan, Fusion, New York Magazine, the Guardian, and BuzzFeed, among others.