- Anti-Trump bros Ed and Brian Krassenstein get kicked off Twitter Thursday 8:07 PM
- Amazon is trying to solve pushback on facial recognition software with a web form Thursday 6:56 PM
- T.I. says Nipsey Hussle’s death was ‘like losing Iron Man’ Thursday 6:32 PM
- Facebook banned billions of fake accounts in the first 3 months of this year Thursday 5:49 PM
- Twitch streamer gets banned for drunkenly passing out during broadcast Thursday 5:00 PM
- WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange indicted under Espionage Act Thursday 4:39 PM
- These doctored videos want to make you think Nancy Pelosi is always drunk Thursday 4:02 PM
- A robot could soon be delivering your packages from a self-driving car Thursday 3:29 PM
- Bipartisan anti-robocall bill overwhelmingly passes Senate Thursday 2:40 PM
- Deepfake-style videos can now be made with just a single image Thursday 1:57 PM
- The Lonely Island’s ‘Bash Brothers’ is what Netflix should be doing with short-form comedy Thursday 1:55 PM
- ‘Green dress lady’ proves green screen memes are still going strong Thursday 1:45 PM
- ‘Bowling alley strike screen’ memes are bizarre and wonderful Thursday 12:40 PM
- TikTok star Mohit Mor shot and killed Thursday 12:00 PM
- Stephen A. Smith is baby Thursday 11:43 AM
Lisa Ann, star of Who’s Nailin’ Paylin, announced her retirement in a handwritten Facebook post.
In a 10-page handwritten note posted to her Facebook page, the performer who popularized the second-best impression of Sarah Palin displayed an impressive mastery of cursive (a lost art!) while explaining that at the age of 42, she was ready to take a step back. She’ll be retiring from all on-camera performances, focusing on behind-the-scenes consulting instead.
2014 will be my last year performing in front of the camera doing sex scenes for you. Yes, I am retiring. I wanted to tell you first, myself. It took hours a day, months on end, to try to decide how I was going to tell you, while knowing the entire time I was ready to create change in my life.
Lisa Ann assured fans it wouldn’t be the last they’d be seeing of her. She’ll still be sharing previously recorded scenes and doing occasional cam shows through her personal website, as well as developing a product line for Fleshlight. Primarily, the star will be focusing her efforts branching out from her on-camera work: She’s launching a consulting company, the Porn Stars Boot Camp, with fellow industry veteran Jayden James, and will be spending more time becoming a fantasy football talking head through her Sirius XM radio show, Fantasy Sports Radio.
While it’s great to see adult performers branching out in their second acts, many do choose to rejoin the industry. And with a presidential campaign just a couple years away, there’s hope for an even better impression of future vice-president hopefuls to come.
Beejoli Shah is a reporter and editor whose work focuses on entertainment, internet culture, and social justice. Her work has been published in Rolling Stone, Cosmopolitan, Fusion, New York Magazine, the Guardian, and BuzzFeed, among others.