- The LGBTQ and Black communities deserve real answers about the Jussie Smollett case 6 Months Ago
- The Jussie Smollett-Trump collusion discourse is a condescending Wonka meme come to life 6 Months Ago
- Even teachers are in on TikTok’s #hitthewoah Today 2:49 PM
- Editor’s history of calling trans people ‘frauds’ shines light on Economist’s transphobic tweet Today 2:24 PM
- New ‘Avengers: Endgame’ posters reveal the fates of several Marvel characters Today 2:12 PM
- Man pleads guilty to stealing over $100 million from Facebook, Google Today 12:59 PM
- Washington Post under fire for transphobic cartoon about the Mueller Report Today 12:33 PM
- Congressman quotes ‘Mein Kampf’ on House floor Today 11:55 AM
- Rapper Tone Loc detained after confronting teen in Confederate flag hat Today 11:37 AM
- Sarah Sanders shares Mueller Madness bracket Today 10:19 AM
- NASA postpones all-women spacewalk over lack of suits that fit the female astronauts Today 10:17 AM
- Texas Rangers shortstop walks up to ‘Baby Shark’ Today 9:58 AM
- The best wireless gaming headsets under $100 Today 9:23 AM
- Trump demands networks blacklist these guests—including prominent Democrats Today 9:09 AM
- Bookworms! Now’s your chance to grab 3 months of Amazon Music for free Today 9:00 AM
The team behind beauty brand Lipslut has once again channeled its political frustration into a knock-’em-dead lipstick. The message of its new lip shade is simple: “Fuck Kavanaugh.”
Bustle reports that Lipslut, which raised $100,000 to fight immigration policy with its F*ck Trump matte liquid lipstick, came up with the new product after the confirmation hearing for Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh. His testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee last Thursday came after that of Christine Blasey Ford, who has accused Kavanaugh of sexual assault.
Lipslut asked for its Instagram followers’ ideas on what color best suited their post-hearing anger.
“The resounding winner was a dark red,” Lipslut founder Katie Sones told Bustle. “After seeing Kavanaugh’s hotheadedness at the hearing, we thought a ‘calm, cool, and collected’ shade would be fitting. Imagine a cool-toned maroon.”
Until Oct. 7, the makeup brand is donating 100 percent of proceeds from its F*ck Kavanaugh shade to anti-sexual assault groups including RAINN, NO MORE, National Alliance to End Sexual Violence, and End the Backlog. The cruelty-free, vegan lipstick is available for preorder and will begin shipping in six to eight weeks.
For many, watching Kavanaugh’s confirmation hearing was a reminder of the ways in which men come to power at the expense of women and how behavior is viewed based on gender. Sones told Bustle that before and during the hearing, she grew “upset seeing women’s voices being ignored, doubted, and flat-out denied.”
“To me, this entire mess serves as a microcosm for how thousands of women’s experiences and traumas are treated everyday,” Sones said. “We had to act.”
- Sexual assault hotline sees 147 percent increase in calls after Christine Blasey Ford’s testimony
- Men can’t stop tweeting about all the bar fights they get into
- The hypnosis hoax about Christine Blasey Ford is as wild as they come
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.