- Laura Ingraham mocks Rep. Ilhan Omar’s accent in audio clip Sunday 5:46 PM
- #ExposeChristianSchools goes viral after Karen Pence and Covington Catholic School uproars Sunday 4:37 PM
- People have started laundering money on Fortnite Sunday 3:03 PM
- Cardi B claps back at Tomi Lahren’s sarcastic tweet Sunday 1:25 PM
- Twitter may have exposed Android users’ private tweets Sunday 12:13 PM
- Leave Me Alurn is the ‘SNL’ product we wish existed in real life Sunday 10:06 AM
- How to watch ‘Charmed’ online for free Sunday 9:00 AM
- How to watch Patriots vs. Chiefs online for free Sunday 8:15 AM
- This is the ‘Star Wars’ VR experience you’re looking for Sunday 8:00 AM
- ‘Salt Fat Acid Heat’ takes viewers on a journey through the four building blocks of a great dish Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to tell the deep web from the dark web Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the Saints vs. Rams online for free Sunday 6:15 AM
- How to watch ‘Supergirl’ online for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream the NFL conference championship games Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Leganes online for free Sunday 1:00 AM
The team behind beauty brand Lipslut has once again channeled its political frustration into a knock-’em-dead lipstick. The message of its new lip shade is simple: “Fuck Kavanaugh.”
Bustle reports that Lipslut, which raised $100,000 to fight immigration policy with its F*ck Trump matte liquid lipstick, came up with the new product after the confirmation hearing for Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh. His testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee last Thursday came after that of Christine Blasey Ford, who has accused Kavanaugh of sexual assault.
Lipslut asked for its Instagram followers’ ideas on what color best suited their post-hearing anger.
“The resounding winner was a dark red,” Lipslut founder Katie Sones told Bustle. “After seeing Kavanaugh’s hotheadedness at the hearing, we thought a ‘calm, cool, and collected’ shade would be fitting. Imagine a cool-toned maroon.”
Until Oct. 7, the makeup brand is donating 100 percent of proceeds from its F*ck Kavanaugh shade to anti-sexual assault groups including RAINN, NO MORE, National Alliance to End Sexual Violence, and End the Backlog. The cruelty-free, vegan lipstick is available for preorder and will begin shipping in six to eight weeks.
For many, watching Kavanaugh’s confirmation hearing was a reminder of the ways in which men come to power at the expense of women and how behavior is viewed based on gender. Sones told Bustle that before and during the hearing, she grew “upset seeing women’s voices being ignored, doubted, and flat-out denied.”
“To me, this entire mess serves as a microcosm for how thousands of women’s experiences and traumas are treated everyday,” Sones said. “We had to act.”
- Sexual assault hotline sees 147 percent increase in calls after Christine Blasey Ford’s testimony
- Men can’t stop tweeting about all the bar fights they get into
- The hypnosis hoax about Christine Blasey Ford is as wild as they come
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.