- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China 10 Months Ago
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Today 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Today 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Today 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Today 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Friday 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Friday 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Friday 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Friday 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Friday 12:11 PM
The team behind beauty brand Lipslut has once again channeled its political frustration into a knock-’em-dead lipstick. The message of its new lip shade is simple: “Fuck Kavanaugh.”
Bustle reports that Lipslut, which raised $100,000 to fight immigration policy with its F*ck Trump matte liquid lipstick, came up with the new product after the confirmation hearing for Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh. His testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee last Thursday came after that of Christine Blasey Ford, who has accused Kavanaugh of sexual assault.
Lipslut asked for its Instagram followers’ ideas on what color best suited their post-hearing anger.
“The resounding winner was a dark red,” Lipslut founder Katie Sones told Bustle. “After seeing Kavanaugh’s hotheadedness at the hearing, we thought a ‘calm, cool, and collected’ shade would be fitting. Imagine a cool-toned maroon.”
Until Oct. 7, the makeup brand is donating 100 percent of proceeds from its F*ck Kavanaugh shade to anti-sexual assault groups including RAINN, NO MORE, National Alliance to End Sexual Violence, and End the Backlog. The cruelty-free, vegan lipstick is available for preorder and will begin shipping in six to eight weeks.
For many, watching Kavanaugh’s confirmation hearing was a reminder of the ways in which men come to power at the expense of women and how behavior is viewed based on gender. Sones told Bustle that before and during the hearing, she grew “upset seeing women’s voices being ignored, doubted, and flat-out denied.”
“To me, this entire mess serves as a microcosm for how thousands of women’s experiences and traumas are treated everyday,” Sones said. “We had to act.”
- Sexual assault hotline sees 147 percent increase in calls after Christine Blasey Ford’s testimony
- Men can’t stop tweeting about all the bar fights they get into
- The hypnosis hoax about Christine Blasey Ford is as wild as they come
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.