- Chrissy Teigen draws the ire of QAnon fans for criticizing conspiracy 3 Years Ago
- This Twitch streamer was shocked to discover a fan made videos of all her sneezes Today 9:28 AM
- ‘Rick and Morty’ episode title reveal highlights how dumb episode title reveals are Today 9:27 AM
- Ajit Pai is unhappy states are bucking his agency’s net neutrality repeal Today 9:04 AM
- Paul Rudd’s appearance on ‘Hot Ones’ becomes an instantly iconic meme Today 8:23 AM
- Network of fake news sites in Michigan appears to be right-wing propaganda effort Today 6:30 AM
- ‘BoJack Horseman’ hints at a brutal reckoning in its final season Today 5:30 AM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Slavia Praha in the Champions League Today 2:00 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Ajax in the Champions League Today 1:00 AM
- People are using #WheresLindsey to criticize Graham over Trump ‘lynching’ defense Tuesday 8:22 PM
- 2 Proud Boys sentenced to 4 years in prison for attacking antifa protesters Tuesday 7:20 PM
- Paul Joseph Watson is very upset by bartender serving beer with her butt Tuesday 6:24 PM
- Twitter developing a policy to combat deepfakes Tuesday 5:28 PM
- The Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal bout at UFC 244 is perfect for NYC and its fight mecca Tuesday 5:27 PM
- Alexis Bledel named most dangerous online celebrity Tuesday 5:02 PM
Straight from the list of parents’ worst nightmares, a 2-year-old was collecting eggs on his family’s farm when he was bitten by a snake. Though his mom put a pressure bandage on the bite, which may have saved his life, according to BuzzFeed, Eli went into cardiac arrest after the paramedics took him away. He is now in critical condition in a Brisbane hospital, about 300 miles from his home in Queensland, Austrailia.
Screengrab via GoFundMe
To pay for medical expenses and the family’s having to “drop everything be by his side” (Eli’s mom is also pregnant), friends in the community have started a GoFundMe campaign. As of this publishing, it has nearly reached its $20,000 goal. The family wants any additional money raised to go to organizations who’ve already helped them, like CareFlight, according to the crowdfunding page.
The friend behind the campaign, Blake Hyland, has also organized a snake awareness event for the community this evening.
Jessica Machado is the IRL editor of the Daily Dot. Previously, she was an associate editor at Rolling Stone. Her work has been published in the Washington Post, Elle, Vice, Salon, BuzzFeed, Guernica, Bitch, Bust, the Cut, the Awl, the Toast, among others.