- Instagram struggles to remove photos of Bianca Devins’ dead body 3 Months Ago
- ‘Storm Area 51’ creator says its gotten so big he’s worried about the FBI 3 Months Ago
- Everyone loves Q baby, the baby who apparently supports QAnon Today 9:53 AM
- Thread about ‘depression meals’ is inspiring lots of relatable answers Today 9:36 AM
- How long is ‘Avengers: Infinity War’? Today 9:30 AM
- Rand Paul ripped for halting 9/11 Victim Fund re-authorization bill Today 9:18 AM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in August 2019 Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ creators drop out of Comic-Con at last minute Today 6:38 AM
- Inside Britt McHenry’s war on women Today 6:30 AM
- The glorious highs and unexpected quirks of 4K streaming Today 6:00 AM
- Southwest Airlines passengers receive free Nintendo Switch consoles and Mario Maker 2 Wednesday 9:10 PM
- The Deplorable Choir drops diss track aimed at 4 congresswomen from Trump’s racist tweets Wednesday 8:09 PM
- Florida city is pushing homeless people out by playing ‘Baby Shark’ on a loop Wednesday 7:27 PM
- A ‘Gossip Girl’ reboot is coming to HBO Max–and fans are not happy with the casting details Wednesday 6:44 PM
- Beto can’t leverage his slave owner ancestry to gain Black voters’ trust Wednesday 5:51 PM
‘Unicorn blood’ survived what a car did not.
When your makeup seems to have survived a car accident better than the car itself, that makes for a helluva review.
The driver, Taryn Elise, shared her experience on Wednesday as a testament to the power of YouTube influencer Jeffree Star‘s lipstick brand. “If anyone is curious about how well @JeffreeStar lipstick holds up – I was just in a car accident and there are lipstick marks on the airbag but my face is OK,” she tweeted.
People were simultaneously worried and amused at Elise finding the humor in such a scary crash.
That fn' sucks!!! 😱 So glad you are not seriously hurt. I'm LMAO just thinking about how you might've been like taking an explosion to the face then be like "man this lipstick is good" lol— Nora Perez (@NoPez67) April 10, 2019
You literally kissed your car goodbye. Glad you're ok! Holy crap!— Chelse Shaff (@chelse_shaff) April 10, 2019
Glad you’re safe hun you will love the palette— Leslie Velazquez (@Boldglamlife) April 10, 2019
Hi i love your glasses. Love your car. RIP mini. And yasss to that full face holding up— Megan Brayton (@__unbalanced) April 10, 2019
Some couldn’t help but notice how put-together and flawless her whole face looked in the aftermath.
My face took on an airbag and survived!! Never experienced that and uh--- 0/10 do not recommend.— Taryn Elise (@Voltaireon) April 10, 2019
And she’s not the only one whose Jeffree Star makeup survived similar accidents.
I'm so glad you're safe ! ❤— Sarah Roser (@wishful_tears) April 10, 2019
Same thing happened to me last year! I was in a car accident and everyone in the hospital kept complimenting me on how well my makeup was holding up after the accident, crying etc. Still recovering today but my jeffree star Makeup is still on point ! pic.twitter.com/h7a3V3sLn6
This is so accurate I wreck about two years ago now while wearing #youbetterwork lipstick and it stayed in place through the whole day after crying and screaming after the accident pic.twitter.com/1AckS6lcWB— Liyababee♥️✨ (@GuerraLiya) April 10, 2019
In case you’re wondering what lipstick shade Elise is wearing, it’s “Unicorn Blood.” “You. Better. Work” is also another one of Star’s lipsticks that fits these women’s determined attitudes after such huge scares.
All in all, it was more than the makeup that survived what appears to be a pretty bad crash for Elise.
Also your glasses didn't break from the looks of it. They should also be #JeffreeStarApproved— 🐲𝕭𝖆ყ𝖔𝖞𝖘𝖊 𝕹𝖔𝖆𝖑𝖘🐉 (@bayonseknowles) April 10, 2019
I’m glad she’s ok and everything but what phone does she have those photos are CRISP— Tia Nue| Misses Caitlyn Scarlett (@TiaKCNue) April 10, 2019
Thank you! I use @marcjacobs velvet noir! The delux samples are great!— Taryn Elise (@Voltaireon) April 11, 2019
The makeup guru himself even responded to Elise’s tweet, offering her more makeup.
And Warby Parker, whose glasses Elise was wearing, chimed in as well.
We're so glad you're okay! If your glasses need any adjustments, feel free to bring them into any of our Chicago-area stores—we're here to help.— Warby Parker (@WarbyParker) April 10, 2019
Elise says the car accident looked “worse than it actually was” and neither she nor the driver of the car hit had any serious injuries. Her insurance is also helping her out with the car damage. So, it’s a win-win, considering.
Samira Sadeque is a New York-based journalist reporting on immigration, sexual violence, and mental health, and will sometimes write about memes and dinosaurs too. Her work also appears in Reuters, NPR, and NBC among other publications. She graduated from Columbia Journalism School, and her work has been nominated for SAJA awards. Follow: @Samideque