- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’ spinoff mini-series is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Friday 1:58 PM
- Instagram photos showing prison conditions spark massive protest Friday 1:33 PM
- ‘Gay rat wedding’ headline sparks amazing new meme Friday 1:03 PM
- ‘I read a gossip piece’ meme mocks Moby’s Instagram post Friday 12:39 PM
- Rotten Tomatoes wants to see your ticket stub to leave a verified review Friday 11:46 AM
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie delayed to 2020 to fix his look Friday 11:39 AM
- ‘Swamp Thing’ gets off to a promising start, but can it tell a convincing love story? Friday 11:34 AM
- ‘Falling on deaf ears’: ‘Queer Eye’ star sparks conversation about ableist idioms Friday 11:15 AM
- Parents are spending thousands on YouTube camps that teach kids how to be famous Friday 10:43 AM
- In season 2 of ‘She’s Gotta Have It,’ Spike Lee remains unapologetically himself Friday 10:36 AM
- Trump selling Pride shirts is a grotesque insult to the LGBTQ community Friday 10:27 AM
- Logan Paul is being mocked for pulling out of slapping competition Friday 9:57 AM
‘Unicorn blood’ survived what a car did not.
When your makeup seems to have survived a car accident better than the car itself, that makes for a helluva review.
The driver, Taryn Elise, shared her experience on Wednesday as a testament to the power of YouTube influencer Jeffree Star‘s lipstick brand. “If anyone is curious about how well @JeffreeStar lipstick holds up – I was just in a car accident and there are lipstick marks on the airbag but my face is OK,” she tweeted.
— Taryn Elise (@Voltaireon) April 10, 2019
People were simultaneously worried and amused at Elise finding the humor in such a scary crash.
That fn' sucks!!! 😱 So glad you are not seriously hurt. I'm LMAO just thinking about how you might've been like taking an explosion to the face then be like "man this lipstick is good" lol
— Nora Perez (@NoPez67) April 10, 2019
You literally kissed your car goodbye. Glad you're ok! Holy crap!
— Chelse Shaff (@chelse_shaff) April 10, 2019
Glad you’re safe hun you will love the palette
— Leslie Velazquez (@Boldglamlife) April 10, 2019
Hi i love your glasses. Love your car. RIP mini. And yasss to that full face holding up
— Megan Brayton (@__unbalanced) April 10, 2019
Some couldn’t help but notice how put-together and flawless her whole face looked in the aftermath.
My face took on an airbag and survived!! Never experienced that and uh— 0/10 do not recommend.
— Taryn Elise (@Voltaireon) April 10, 2019
And she’s not the only one whose Jeffree Star makeup survived similar accidents.
I'm so glad you're safe ! ❤
Same thing happened to me last year! I was in a car accident and everyone in the hospital kept complimenting me on how well my makeup was holding up after the accident, crying etc. Still recovering today but my jeffree star Makeup is still on point ! pic.twitter.com/h7a3V3sLn6
— Sarah Roser (@wishful_tears) April 10, 2019
This is so accurate I wreck about two years ago now while wearing #youbetterwork lipstick and it stayed in place through the whole day after crying and screaming after the accident pic.twitter.com/1AckS6lcWB
— Liyababee♥️✨ (@GuerraLiya) April 10, 2019
In case you’re wondering what lipstick shade Elise is wearing, it’s “Unicorn Blood.” “You. Better. Work” is also another one of Star’s lipsticks that fits these women’s determined attitudes after such huge scares.
All in all, it was more than the makeup that survived what appears to be a pretty bad crash for Elise.
Also your glasses didn't break from the looks of it. They should also be #JeffreeStarApproved
— 🐲𝕭𝖆ყ𝖔𝖞𝖘𝖊 𝕹𝖔𝖆𝖑𝖘🐉 (@bayonseknowles) April 10, 2019
I’m glad she’s ok and everything but what phone does she have those photos are CRISP
— Tia Nue| Misses Caitlyn Scarlett (@TiaKCNue) April 10, 2019
Thank you! I use @marcjacobs velvet noir! The delux samples are great!
— Taryn Elise (@Voltaireon) April 11, 2019
The makeup guru himself even responded to Elise’s tweet, offering her more makeup.
— Jeffree Star (@JeffreeStar) April 10, 2019
And Warby Parker, whose glasses Elise was wearing, chimed in as well.
We're so glad you're okay! If your glasses need any adjustments, feel free to bring them into any of our Chicago-area stores—we're here to help.
— Warby Parker (@WarbyParker) April 10, 2019
Elise says the car accident looked “worse than it actually was” and neither she nor the driver of the car hit had any serious injuries. Her insurance is also helping her out with the car damage. So, it’s a win-win, considering.
Samira Sadeque is a New York-based journalist reporting on immigration, sexual violence, and mental health, and will sometimes write about memes and dinosaurs too. Her work also appears in Reuters, NPR, and NBC among other publications. She graduated from Columbia Journalism School, and her work has been nominated for SAJA awards. Follow: @Samideque