- Kylie Jenner found a way to make Kobe Bryant’s death about her 7 Years Ago
- Warren calls for harsh penalties for tech companies that spread voter disinformation 7 Years Ago
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Miami vices and vexes Today 12:24 PM
- Teen gets harmonica stuck in mouth, documents it on TikTok Today 11:08 AM
- Joey Salads got his DNA results in and now he’s tweeting the N-word Today 10:58 AM
- NikkieTutorials says she knows who blackmailed her Today 10:22 AM
- Seth Rogen is making a movie about a deadly meme Today 9:30 AM
- Ring should be shut down ‘immediately,’ Amazon engineer warns Today 9:19 AM
- Joe Biden wants his own Bernie Bros Today 8:57 AM
- Twitch star Adept shares heartwarming story about meeting Kobe Bryant Today 8:44 AM
- ‘Promising Young Woman’ unravels the complexities of a revenge fantasy Today 8:35 AM
- Review: ‘Next in Fashion’ is Netflix’s latest attempt at reality TV Today 7:00 AM
- What is Byte, and can it really compete with TikTok? Today 7:00 AM
- Migrants are under social media surveillance—and that’s a problem for everyone Today 6:00 AM
- Gabrielle Union deserves better from Terry Crews Tuesday 11:12 PM
In Sandy’s aftermath, two rainbows over Manhattan
We’re posting 9 pictures of the same rainbow because damn it, New York deserves it.
Hurricane Sandy’s long arms of destruction have finally moved inland, but New York City is still reeling. Millions are without power. Flood waters have yet to recede, and another high tide looms. But if you’re prone to seeing omens in Mother Nature, she’s left a hopeful sign over lower Manhattan this morning: a double rainbow, confirmed via dozens of images on Twitter and other social media sites.
Photo via kurtdletrich/Instagram
Kevin Morris is a veteran web reporter and editor who specializes in longform journalism. He led the Daily Dot’s esports vertical and, following its acquisition by GAMURS in late 2016, launched Dot Esports, where he serves as the site’s editor-in-chief.