- All of the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Easter eggs discovered by fans Saturday 6:52 PM
- Every big announcement made at D23 about Disney+ Saturday 6:33 PM
- The best haunted house movies to watch online in 2019 Saturday 4:13 PM
- Andy Ngo seen laughing as Patriot Prayer members plan an attack in newly emerged video Saturday 3:59 PM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Bournemouth Saturday 3:25 PM
- Catholic priest allegedly spent church money on Grindr hookups Saturday 3:04 PM
- Nicolás Maduro’s English Twitter account was suspended with no public explanation Saturday 2:06 PM
- Man claims ex-girlfriend killed his dog after he broke up with her Saturday 1:02 PM
- What are BitTorrent downloads and how do they work? Saturday 12:58 PM
- ICE cuts the cord on real immigrant hotline after being featured in ‘Orange Is the New Black’ (updated) Saturday 10:49 AM
- The 10 best music podcasts for artist interviews and criticism in 2019 Saturday 10:41 AM
- How a socialist Twitch streamer landed in a feud with Dan Crenshaw Saturday 10:07 AM
- How to prepare for your fantasy football draft (and season) Saturday 9:00 AM
- Kit Harington is joining the MCU–and people are guessing which character he will play Saturday 8:48 AM
- How to live stream Juan Francisco Estrada vs. Dewayne Beamon Saturday 8:00 AM
Surprise grandchild is the greatest Christmas gift of all
The holidays are all about family.
Eva Goeb of Franklin, Indiana, experienced a Christmas miracle this year when she got an unexpected visit from her son, daughter-in-law, and newborn granddaughter, Melissa Faith.
On Sunday, Goeb’s son Donny and his wife Miranda flew in from Hawaii, where they had been stationed with the Air Force. Their visit was such a surprise because no one in their family knew they had even started the adoption process.
“We chose not to tell our families due to so many unknowns,” Miranda told Indiana news station WTHR. “We wanted to protect our hearts and theirs. We were taking a huge leap of faith. Once the baby Lily was officially placed with us, to become our daughter, we decided that it was not the type of news to be shared over the phone.”
Everything happened quickly, with the couple learning that they would be parents on Nov. 12, meeting the birth mother Nov. 25, and meeting their baby when she was born on Dec. 8.
The new parents quickly decided to visit Franklin, Indiana, with Melissa Faith and bless their family for the holidays.
“Neither of our families thought we were coming home for Christmas, let alone bringing a baby,” Miranda said. “They were shocked, enamored, in awe and in love simultaneously.”
“We are so blessed by Lily, her birth parents and our families. It will be quite the Christmas to remember!”
No word on whether Ms. Goeb bought gifts for the young family, but it’s clear that she was thankful for their visit.
Ziwe Fumudoh is a writer and comedian. Her work has appeared in the Onion and Reductress, and she is a co-host at Crooked Media.