- Video shows boy getting beat up–mom says it’s because he wore MAGA hat 5 Years Ago
- Billboard changing albums chart to count YouTube streams Today 2:43 PM
- TikTok’s 20 most popular songs of 2019 Today 2:14 PM
- Greek gods memes are flooding Reddit thanks to TV reboot rumors Today 1:47 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters aimlessly fumble through halls of Congress Today 12:54 PM
- Everything we know so far about the Xbox Series X Today 12:17 PM
- ASMR YouTuber Life with MaK says she was branded a ‘Nazi’ by online smear campaign Today 10:46 AM
- Voters duped by fake ex-Bloomberg intern’s tweet about being fired Today 9:47 AM
- HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ and the fantasy of competence Today 8:00 AM
- Cómo ver Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington en el UFC 245 Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
- Why Britons are tweeting ‘Little England’ in wake of the U.K. election Friday 3:22 PM
- Net neutrality advocates ask for rehearing on federal court decision Friday 2:29 PM
- Americans are sharing their #PrivateHealthLIFEhacks to help Brits Friday 2:28 PM
- Warren, Sanders, Yang pledge to skip next week’s debate over union dispute Friday 2:12 PM
Hate proposal videos? This Disney World proposal might change your mind
It’ll warm the cockles of your icy heart.
I have gone on record as not being a huge fan of viral proposals. But occasionally, you’ll see a proposal that’s just such an over-the-top, exuberant declaration of love that it’s impossible not to get a little misty-eyed. And if Disney is somehow involved, that can easily turn into full-on waterworks.
That’s the case in this proposal video, in which a man named Patrick proposes to his boyfriend Gavin at Disney’s Boardwalk Resort, where the two first met. At first, Gavin thinks he’s just meeting Patrick and a few friends for drinks. But when Patrick hands Gavin a letter in an envelope, it becomes clear that’s not the case.
The letter begins, “Gavin: This very moment is the start of our new adventure together.” D’awwwwww.
Gavin breaks down in tears before heading to the veranda for an elaborate dance performance.
At the crescendo at the 5:00 mark, the dancers part to reveal Patrick waiting at the veranda for Gavin. “Baby, I love you so much. You’ve made me the best man, and I wanna make you the best husband in the world,” he says before getting down on one knee and proposing.
Gavin literally can’t even. Can any of us even, though?
OK, so it’s cheesy, not to mention that it’s not exactly spontaneous—the video ends with a minute-long list of “credits” for those involved with the “project.” Assuming this isn’t branded, it’s also pretty much the best free commercial ever for Disney World’s Boardwalk Resort (which, by the way, is easily one of the top three luxury resort properties at Disney World and is within walking distance of EPCOT Center, just saying.)
If you’re the type of person who’s nauseated by anything reeking of Disney-infused commercialism, you’ll probably give Gavin and Patrick six months tops. But if you believe in Disney magic at all, you know their love will last a lifetime.
H/T Perez Hilton | Screengrab via Gavin&Patrick/YouTube
EJ Dickson is a writer and editor who primarily covers sex, dating, and relationships, with a special focus on the intersection of intimacy and technology. She served as the Daily Dot’s IRL editor from January 2014 to July 2015. Her work has since appeared in the New York Times, Rolling Stone, Mic, Bustle, Romper, and Men’s Health.