- Spider-Man may no longer be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe 4 Years Ago
- Robert De Niro’s company is suing ex-employee for binge-watching Netflix at work 4 Years Ago
- Intentionally misgendering a character could get you banned from Borderlands 3 Today 4:06 PM
- Facebook pulls Trump re-election ad for targeting ‘strong women’ Today 4:03 PM
- Kamala Harris says she will restore net neutrality if elected Today 3:16 PM
- All 8 of the ‘Rocky’ movies, ranked Today 2:50 PM
- Everything you need to know about the Facebook conservative bias report Today 2:35 PM
- Study links emoji use to more sex Today 2:10 PM
- The chicken sandwich war is in full throttle on Twitter Today 1:47 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Sextuplets’ proves Marlon Wayans is no Eddie Murphy—or even Mike Myers Today 1:31 PM
- Facebook is finally rolling out its clear history tool Today 1:13 PM
- ‘Theater etiquette’ tweets surge after YouTuber cast in ‘Waitress’ Today 12:55 PM
- A GoFundMe for Eric Garner’s killer has raised more than $70,000 Today 12:49 PM
- YouTuber finds GoPro footage of man who drowned in 2017 Today 12:20 PM
- Netflix’s ’45 rpm’ is as tired as the boomer rock era it tries to honor Today 11:38 AM
Hate proposal videos? This Disney World proposal might change your mind
It’ll warm the cockles of your icy heart.
I have gone on record as not being a huge fan of viral proposals. But occasionally, you’ll see a proposal that’s just such an over-the-top, exuberant declaration of love that it’s impossible not to get a little misty-eyed. And if Disney is somehow involved, that can easily turn into full-on waterworks.
That’s the case in this proposal video, in which a man named Patrick proposes to his boyfriend Gavin at Disney’s Boardwalk Resort, where the two first met. At first, Gavin thinks he’s just meeting Patrick and a few friends for drinks. But when Patrick hands Gavin a letter in an envelope, it becomes clear that’s not the case.
The letter begins, “Gavin: This very moment is the start of our new adventure together.” D’awwwwww.
Gavin breaks down in tears before heading to the veranda for an elaborate dance performance.
At the crescendo at the 5:00 mark, the dancers part to reveal Patrick waiting at the veranda for Gavin. “Baby, I love you so much. You’ve made me the best man, and I wanna make you the best husband in the world,” he says before getting down on one knee and proposing.
Gavin literally can’t even. Can any of us even, though?
OK, so it’s cheesy, not to mention that it’s not exactly spontaneous—the video ends with a minute-long list of “credits” for those involved with the “project.” Assuming this isn’t branded, it’s also pretty much the best free commercial ever for Disney World’s Boardwalk Resort (which, by the way, is easily one of the top three luxury resort properties at Disney World and is within walking distance of EPCOT Center, just saying.)
If you’re the type of person who’s nauseated by anything reeking of Disney-infused commercialism, you’ll probably give Gavin and Patrick six months tops. But if you believe in Disney magic at all, you know their love will last a lifetime.
H/T Perez Hilton | Screengrab via Gavin&Patrick/YouTube
EJ Dickson is a writer and editor who primarily covers sex, dating, and relationships, with a special focus on the intersection of intimacy and technology. She served as the Daily Dot’s IRL editor from January 2014 to July 2015. Her work has since appeared in the New York Times, Rolling Stone, Mic, Bustle, Romper, and Men’s Health.