- Influencer gets prison time for performing illegal cosmetic procedures on followers 2 Years Ago
- Parent immediately regrets baby monitor after seeing ‘possessed’ baby Today 3:53 PM
- Buttigieg used Kenyan stock photo to promote plan for Black America Today 2:29 PM
- Disney+ is the best streaming service for families available today Today 1:43 PM
- Netflix to amend Nazi docuseries after being accused of rewriting history Today 1:09 PM
- Everything you need to know about TikTok Today 1:00 PM
- Screaming drummer girl steals hearts with passionate Nirvana cover Today 12:50 PM
- The Kardashians receiving backlash for food fight Instagram post Today 10:26 AM
- How to stream Artem Lobov vs. Jason Knight in BKFC Today 9:00 AM
- Lizzo sued by Postmates runner she accused of stealing her food Today 8:39 AM
- How to stream Jan Blachowicz vs. Ronaldo ‘Jacare’ Souza on UFC Fight Night Today 8:00 AM
- How to watch Georgia vs. Auburn live Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Navy vs. Notre Dame live Today 3:30 AM
- The actor who played Greedo is just as confused by ‘maclunkey’ as you are Friday 4:57 PM
- AirPods are getting that sweet, sweet Black Friday price drop Friday 4:24 PM
Someone gender-swapped all of the U.S. presidents—and it’s amazing
Oh, what could have been…
The future might be female, but what’s the harm in wondering what the past could have been?
With Presidents Day this upcoming Monday, some creative soul has gone and used a face editing application to entertain the question, “What would an all-female history of U.S. presidents look like?”
Found on Reddit: someone used the gender swapping app to create female presidents & it's making me Feel Ways About...Posted by Virginia Virkus on Tuesday, February 13, 2018
Originally shared to Reddit, the composite shares images of presidents Barack Obama, Lyndon B. Johnson, Teddy Roosevelt, Donald Trump, and more, edited with “intelligent” face-altering to appear feminine. Obama has long hair and painted lips, while Trump has kept his coif but thinned his eyebrows, and George W. Bush has gone all-out Ginger Spice with red, highlighted hair.
“These ladies look like every female boss or teacher or professor I ever had. It made me wonder what my life would have been like if I’d grown up knowing that I could be president someday,” Virginia Virkus, who shared the image from Reddit to Facebook, wrote in her caption. “The cliche of ‘carry yourself with the confidence of an average white man’ exists for a reason.”
While unexpected for the country to see women represented in this role, the internet is finding the collection of all-female world leaders to be comforting and longing for what could have been following a potential presidency of Hillary Clinton—if not hopeful for the actual future of the presidency. Seeing the female presidents was almost a litmus test for some people, revealing just what they thought about a woman in the Oval Office.
It’s oddly emotional to look at bc the women look so familiar. This is what it would be like if older women were our role models & leaders... & imagine if they were racially varied as well. It’s such a psychological jolt.— Emily Nussbaum (@emilynussbaum) February 14, 2018
https://t.co/CQavVOwDDT a bunch of jokes went through my head, but then I was crushed realizing we all grew up seeing women as accessories to leaders, First Ladies with a pet project— Emily Gaudette (@emilygmonster) February 14, 2018
Obama predictably beautiful and female Clinton looks like an off brand Meryl Streep? Nixon looks like your single aunt who has a horse farm. https://t.co/Ez5O69rGEX— Kathleen McWilliams (@kgmcwilliams) February 14, 2018
Is this Lynn Johnson's mugshot? Georgina Bush looks like the neighborhood hot friendly stripper. Theodora Roosevelt is the goth queen we don't deserve. History would have been a lot cooler with female presidents. pic.twitter.com/GCN4grfGEO— MomOfYourFriendGroup (@beachbummbaby) February 14, 2018
Of course, it was only a matter of time before people fixated on these female presidents for their looks, and not the fact that women can see themselves in the people depicted in this photo.
“I’d date Obama. Reagan looks great!” one person commented on the Facebook post.
“Obama is still the prettiest ([Teddy Roosevelt] is the sexiest!) another chimed in.
“I’d totally do Teddy Roosevelt,” another commented.
One step at a time.
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.