- Here’s everything you need to know about Disney Plus 5 Years Ago
- Instagram included in Facebook transparency report for the first time 5 Years Ago
- PayPal pulls out of Pornhub, leaving sex workers to consider cryptocurrency 5 Years Ago
- Billionaires are resorting to making racist jokes against Warren now 5 Years Ago
- What is the meme of the decade? Today 1:07 PM
- At least 5 employees resign from GitHub, citing ICE contract Today 12:57 PM
- The ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ redesign was led by a ‘Sonic’ artist Today 12:17 PM
- The 16-inch MacBook Pro is a beast, and it has a decent keyboard Today 11:24 AM
- This group is scanning thousands of faces in Congress today to protest facial recognition Today 11:09 AM
- Why is everyone debating Pete Buttigieg’s Medicare for All stance? Today 10:47 AM
- The Motorola Razr is a foldable homage to millennial nostalgia Today 10:22 AM
- The ‘I’m baby’ meme gets much more literal on TikTok Today 10:20 AM
- MrDeadMoth avoids jail time for assaulting pregnant partner during live stream Today 9:21 AM
- Deval Patrick 2020 fever is not catching on Today 9:08 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Browns on Thursday Night Football Today 8:13 AM
Your favorite holiday drinks are making you fat
When you’re having your favorite holiday drink, you might as well be eating chicken nuggets in terms of calories.
You may think snacking on cookies or endless family meals is what makes you pack on the pounds during the holidays, but the sneaky culprit might actually be all the flavorful holiday drink treats at your local coffee shop.
A new BuzzFeedBlue video gives some shocking stats about the equivalent contents of popular holiday drinks from both Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts.
Did you realize that a Grande Gingerbread Latte from Starbucks has as much sugar as 10 and a half Jolly Ranchers? Or that a Grande Carmel Brulee Latte is equivalent to eating 9 chicken nuggets? It might be time to rethink those guilty-pleasure holiday drinks in favor of black coffee.
The video does end with a few tips to avoid gaining extra weight while still enjoying your favorite treats. First, order sugar-free version of the drinks, or opt for the smallest size available. That’s easier said than done when a cup of peppermint goodness is in your face.
Photo via Paul RJ Muller/Flickr (CC by 2.0)
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.