- Tomi Lahren’s new ‘Freedom’ clothing line is made for meme mockery 3 Weeks Ago
- Taylor Swift’s ‘London Boy’ is a bop, but Brits don’t think her lyrics are accurate 3 Weeks Ago
- Popeyes blasted for employee welfare amid chicken sandwich war 3 Weeks Ago
- Cory Booker says nonbinary ‘niephew’ taught him about trans issues 3 Weeks Ago
- Megachurch pushes conversion therapy on Instagram, Facebook with #OnceGay Today 11:11 AM
- Christian movie review site blasts Netflix’s ‘The Family’ Today 10:50 AM
- YouTube removes ‘coordinated’ channels spreading Hong Kong misinformation Today 8:58 AM
- Christina Hendricks reveals she was the hand model for ‘American Beauty’ Today 8:30 AM
- Why can’t independent feminist websites stay afloat? Today 8:17 AM
- Far-right troll Jacob Wohl scammed a Trump fan out of $25,000 Today 7:54 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Buccaneers in key preseason action Today 7:02 AM
- Harness the power of sun: The best solar-powered phone chargers Today 6:00 AM
- Majority of threats made since El Paso and Dayton shootings have been made online Thursday 8:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus tweets about cheating allegations and penis cake drama Thursday 6:32 PM
- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale Thursday 6:00 PM
The 24-year-old had been planning a trip to the Netherlands to celebrate her 25th birthday with her boyfriend, Variety reported. When her parents didn’t hear from her for a few days, they grew worried and got into her Moscow apartment with the help of her landlord.
The parents found Karaglanova’s body with a slit throat inside the suitcase on Friday. She showed no signs of a struggle, according to Variety, and police did not find a murder weapon at the scene.
Her father tried to call an ambulance, but Karaglanova had already died.
Police have reportedly said they’re considering jealousy as a factor in the crime. Karaglanova had reportedly started a new relationship, and surveillance footage showed her ex-boyfriend visiting her in her apartment just days before her death.
Karaglanova had recently graduated from medical school with a degree in dermatology.
- A human trafficking internet hoax is being spread on TikTok
- Gilroy shooting suspect suggested white supremacist book on Instagram
- Ariana Grande apologizes for suggesting JonBenét Ramsey as a Halloween costume
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Samira Sadeque is a New York-based journalist reporting on immigration, sexual violence, and mental health, and will sometimes write about memes and dinosaurs too. Her work also appears in Reuters, NPR, and NBC among other publications. She graduated from Columbia Journalism School, and her work has been nominated for SAJA awards. Follow: @Samideque