- ‘You were at my wedding Denise’ is the newest clapback for instant regret Tuesday 6:42 PM
- This viral video of Pope Francis not letting anyone kiss his hand is weird Tuesday 6:04 PM
- What does the EU’s Copyright Directive mean for the future of the internet? Tuesday 5:16 PM
- The LGBTQ and Black communities deserve real answers about the Jussie Smollett case Tuesday 3:51 PM
- The Jussie Smollett-Trump collusion discourse is a condescending Wonka meme come to life Tuesday 3:47 PM
- Even teachers are in on TikTok’s #hitthewoah Tuesday 2:49 PM
- Editor’s history of calling trans people ‘frauds’ shines light on Economist’s transphobic tweet Tuesday 2:24 PM
- New ‘Avengers: Endgame’ posters reveal the fates of several Marvel characters Tuesday 2:12 PM
- Man pleads guilty to stealing over $100 million from Facebook, Google Tuesday 12:59 PM
- Washington Post under fire for transphobic cartoon about the Mueller Report Tuesday 12:33 PM
- Congressman quotes ‘Mein Kampf’ on House floor Tuesday 11:55 AM
- Rapper Tone Loc detained after confronting teen in Confederate flag hat Tuesday 11:37 AM
- Sarah Sanders shares Mueller Madness bracket Tuesday 10:19 AM
- NASA postpones all-women spacewalk over lack of suits that fit the female astronauts Tuesday 10:17 AM
- Texas Rangers shortstop walks up to ‘Baby Shark’ Tuesday 9:58 AM
Donald Trump will lose all his hair if a spell by Brooklyn witches actually works
These witches are hexing Donald Trump, and you can, too.
Donald Trump has pissed off plenty of demographics in his brief presidential run/lifetime, and now he can add witches to the count.
Yeni Sleidi, a writer and activist from Brooklyn, recently posted a video of her and other friends casting a number of spells to silence Trump. One of those spells Sleidi actually learned from her mother. “We’re both Cuban immigrants and his misguided attack on Mexican immigrants hit close to home, so she was happy to help,” she told Jezebel.
Many of the spells involve candles, chanting, and wishes for Trump to lose all his hair (maybe that one is working!). The most basic spell calls for writing Trump’s name on a piece of paper, submerging it in water, freezing it, and calling for the Ice Queen to freeze him. That’s something just about anyone in touch with their spirituality and a hatred for Trump can do at home.
Not everyone in the video is an active believer or practitioner of the supernatural. And that’s the great thing about witchcraft—it’s something that’s accessible to everybody. Which means that, yes, you can cast your very own spell on Donald Trump!
Brb I’m going to find a witch and perform a ritual cause Donald Trump has to go 🙂
— Starlene ♬ (@woketeen_) August 26, 2015
You can go for the freezing spell, or perhaps this “Hex to bring Discord and Darkness” from Witchcraft Rituals, Spells and Curses by Deborah LeDuc:
Piece of thick string or yarn 9 to 10 ins long
Tying 3 separate knots a couple inches apart as you recite the following for each knot:
With this knot I seal this hex
you will not sleep, you will not rest
Knots of anger, knots of hate
Discord bring you to your fate
I tie this second knot makes two
bringing darkness over you
Slander, discord evil too
Bringing darkness straight to you
With this third knot, I do bind
Weaving chaos in your mind
Hex of anger, hex of hate
Bring thee down, I will not wait
So mote it be!
Of course, none of these hexes will work if Trump is one step ahead of them. After all, the jury is still out on whether Donald Trump himself is a witch.
Photo via IMDB
Jaya Saxena is a lifestyle writer and editor whose work focuses primarily on women's issues and web culture. Her writing has appeared in GQ, ELLE, the Toast, the New Yorker, Tthe Hairpin, BuzzFeed, Racked, Eater, Catapult, and others. She is the co-author of 'Dad Magazine,' the author of 'The Book Of Lost Recipes,' and the co-author of 'Basic Witches.'