- TikTok’s ‘chin on palm’ challenge has people scratching their heads 6 Months Ago
- How to stream the 2019 NFL Draft for free 6 Months Ago
- How to watch every movie in the MCU before ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Today 8:00 AM
- Review: The apocalypse has never been more aimless than in Days Gone Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Boston bomber voting’ discourse is America at its dumbest Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Top Gear’ for free Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Getafe online for free Today 6:00 AM
- How safe is the ‘safest’ place in Winterfell? Today 5:00 AM
- Gynecologist explains why garlic shouldn’t go in vaginas Wednesday 7:08 PM
- People on Twitter are posting the 5 weirdest jobs they’ve had for this meme Wednesday 6:48 PM
- Mortal Kombat 11’s Jax ends slavery—and gamers are pissed Wednesday 5:46 PM
- GPS app gave hacker ability to remotely shut off car engines Wednesday 3:58 PM
- Scott Walker wore jeans for sexual assault awareness, and Twitter is reminding him of his misogynist past Wednesday 3:24 PM
- Hacked Lime scooters make sexual comments to riders Wednesday 3:03 PM
- ‘Bonding’ squanders its potential with weak jokes and limp structure Wednesday 2:49 PM
Cop charged with beating her 8-year-old daughter after she posted a YouTube video
Sgt. Jamie L. McDonald allegedly struck her daughter after she discovered that the girl had vlogged about the family cat. The video apparently showed the 8-year-old crying and lamenting the fact McDonald gave away the pet.
According to the affidavit, McDonald’s daughter told a police detective that her mother slapped her face and knocked her to the ground after discovering she had posted to YouTube.
Dallas Police Officer Arrested
On October 13, 2018, Dallas Police Sergeant Jamie L. McDonald, #8312, was arrested by officers from the Royce City Police Department. She was arrested on the following charge: Injury to a Child (Felony of the First degree) pic.twitter.com/ceDyvAofx2
— Dallas Police Dept (@DallasPD) October 14, 2018
McDonald allegedly made the girl delete the video, and then after knocking her to the ground, sat on the girl’s stomach and continuously struck her in the arms and face. Her 12-year-old brother told police he stopped the beating when he threatened to call their father. McDonald then allegedly took away her kids’ cellphones. According to police, the boy also said McDonald choked him until he couldn’t breathe last April.
When David Grantham, who has been divorced from McDonald since last year, picked up his children from school on Thursday, he saw his daughter’s face had been bruised. In response, he called the police. Officers also noted a hand imprint on the girl’s cheek and a bruise on her arm, according to the affidavit.
McDonald was arrested Saturday, and according to the Daily Mail, she was released from jail on Monday after posting a $25,000 bail. The Dallas Police Department said McDonald, a 16-year veteran, has been placed on administrative leave.
About a month ago, another officer with the Dallas Police Department, Amber Guyger, was arrested and charged with manslaughter. She fatally shot her 26-year-old neighbor, Botham Jean, after she walked into his apartment and mistook it for her own, she said.
H/T Daily Mail
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.