If you’re sick of the internet, this father-son walk to school will make you believe in good things again
- Fan uncovers ‘Westworld’ trailers hidden on fictional company’s website Sunday 8:18 PM
- This trending Twitter hashtag is a lot less sexy than you think Sunday 7:23 PM
- TikTok users share life-changing realizations they’ve had while in the shower Sunday 7:04 PM
- People are torn over viral TikTok of girl cleaning friend’s room Sunday 4:01 PM
- Did Pete Buttigieg seriously just rip-off a famous Obama speech? Sunday 2:50 PM
- The most dangerous TikTok challenges we’ve seen—so far Sunday 2:22 PM
- PewDiePie wants Bernie Sanders to host meme review Sunday 1:44 PM
- Hilary Duff records confrontation with ‘creep’ taking photos of kids Sunday 1:08 PM
- BTS may have used Twitch streamer’s voice in song without permission Sunday 12:15 PM
- Gigi Hadid absolutely obliterates Jake Paul over Zayn Malik diss Sunday 10:26 AM
- People really want Chris Matthews fired after he compared Sanders’ Nevada win to Nazi invasion of France Sunday 9:35 AM
- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
Kids, they grow up so fast. First, it’s kindergarten, then it’s college. Then it’s going viral for tweeting a lovely photo set with you dad.
Charles Brockman III says he has enjoyed his walks to school with his father, Charles Brockman Jr., his entire life. And now that he is off to Mississippi State University, the family decided to take one last father-son “walk to school” photo during college move-in.
From the first day of kindergarten to college move in. Thank you dad. pic.twitter.com/IpbudBIgdp— Charles Brockman III (@TheOnlyCharlesB) August 13, 2017
The teen’s tweet of the side-by-side photos has since gone viral, with many Twitter users cherishing the bond between the father and son. They wished the family well and the teen luck as he headed off to college.
God bless America. God bless your family. Be well.— Ross C (@IrrefutabuLogic) August 15, 2017
I'm a parent of a now 3rd yr college son who did both of these things- I could bawl. Great job! Parenting is such a joy. Worth every minute.— jada schiessl (@jadaschiessl) August 14, 2017
Oh, and some pointed out that Dad has some killer dreadlocks.
Also proud of his Father for holding down those dreads for that long pic.twitter.com/ohLxdQ22FX— Oasis⛩ (@0asischild) August 14, 2017
If it's not taking it's toll on the hairline he deserves a double salute really— Oasis⛩ (@0asischild) August 14, 2017
So what did father and son talk about? Charles Jr. spent the walk giving his son advice, preparing him for the future.
“He’s been giving me advice all my life leading up to this,” Brockman III told Fox 11. “He tells me to be smart, represent the family well, go to class, and work hard. I plan on following all of that and more to make my family proud.”
Ana Valens is a reporter specializing in online queer communities, marginalized identities, and adult content creation. She is Daily Dot's Trans/Sex columnist. Her work has appeared at Vice, Vox, Truthout, Bitch Media, Kill Screen, Rolling Stone, and the Toast. She lives in Brooklyn, New York, and spends her free time developing queer adult games.