- Daniel Caesar dons cape for whiteness—and gets canceled Wednesday 4:29 PM
- Triton is a new malware ‘deliberately’ designed to put lives at risk Wednesday 3:23 PM
- ‘Into the Dark: I’m Just F*cking with You’ is one of the series’ best Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Trump’s latest prop, a map of ISIS, gets memed Wednesday 12:54 PM
- HBO sends fans on a global scavenger hunt for 6 Iron Thrones Wednesday 11:51 AM
- The Awkward Family Photos game is Cards Against Humanity for meme lovers Wednesday 11:50 AM
- London firefighters’ organization accuses ‘Peppa Pig’ of sexism Wednesday 11:41 AM
- YouTuber accused of abusing her children to make kid-friendly content Wednesday 11:20 AM
- Ari Fleischer’s Iraq War tweet isn’t going over well Wednesday 10:54 AM
- Cop arrested for recording man’s genitals, forcing mentally ill man to twerk Wednesday 10:37 AM
- MoviePass rebrands its unlimited plan, again Wednesday 10:37 AM
- Former Alaska senator launches meme-filled 2020 primary campaign Wednesday 10:17 AM
- The Shane Dawson cat controversy has resulted in these sex memes Wednesday 10:06 AM
- Sarah Sanders mocks CNN reporter with ‘dear diary’ tweet Wednesday 9:03 AM
- Know what you’re signing up for thanks to these dating site reviews Wednesday 8:58 AM
The Republican would be one of the few celebrities to attend.
Us Weekly reports that Jenner, a longtime Republican, has accepted Trump’s invitation to the inauguration. However, her people told LGBTQ Nation, “I’m unaware, at the moment, of any details relating to this,” adding that they wouldn’t comment on whether the Olympic-athlete-turned-reality-star would work with Trump’s administration.
During the election, Jenner spoke out against Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton on her show, I Am Cait, calling her a “fucking liar.” She also said that even though she didn’t like Trump’s macho attitude, “I think he would be very good for women’s issues.”
For his part, Trump has either denied or gone on the defensive about celebrities’ numerous snubs, tweeting back in December that, regardless of all reports otherwise, most of Hollywood was scrambling for tickets.
The so-called “A” list celebrities are all wanting tixs to the inauguration, but look what they did for Hillary, NOTHING. I want the PEOPLE!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 23, 2016
It’s a good thing he wants the regular folks (meaning rich white people) there, because that’s likely all who’s going to show up.
Jessica Machado is the IRL editor of the Daily Dot. Previously, she was an associate editor at Rolling Stone. Her work has been published in the Washington Post, Elle, Vice, Salon, BuzzFeed, Guernica, Bitch, Bust, the Cut, the Awl, the Toast, among others.