- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free 2 Years Ago
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free 2 Years Ago
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’ spinoff mini-series is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Friday 1:58 PM
- Instagram photos showing prison conditions spark massive protest Friday 1:33 PM
- ‘Gay rat wedding’ headline sparks amazing new meme Friday 1:03 PM
- ‘I read a gossip piece’ meme mocks Moby’s Instagram post Friday 12:39 PM
- Rotten Tomatoes wants to see your ticket stub to leave a verified review Friday 11:46 AM
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie delayed to 2020 to fix his look Friday 11:39 AM
- ‘Swamp Thing’ gets off to a promising start, but can it tell a convincing love story? Friday 11:34 AM
- ‘Falling on deaf ears’: ‘Queer Eye’ star sparks conversation about ableist idioms Friday 11:15 AM
- Parents are spending thousands on YouTube camps that teach kids how to be famous Friday 10:43 AM
- In season 2 of ‘She’s Gotta Have It,’ Spike Lee remains unapologetically himself Friday 10:36 AM
And does it in an incredibly offensive way.
For the past few days, rumors have been swirling that Caitlyn Jenner, who had previously said that Donald Trump would be a champion for LGBT rights, would share a dance with the incoming president at the inauguration festivities. A Jenner rep reportedly told People magazine that’s not true, but did so in an incredibly offensive way.
“This is a ridiculous story,” the rep said. “There have been no discussions about who Caitlyn will or won’t dance with, or if she will dance at all. I can’t deal in hypotheticals and have no idea what any Trump aids hope happens. Of course, the real question is if they danced, who would lead?”
Ahh yes, who would lead? The joke being that men traditionally lead in a dance, and Jenner was assigned male at birth, so haha it’d be like two men dancing.
Trump has reportedly been urged to dance with Jenner to send a message of support for the LGBT community, though Jenner has a thorny history when it comes to LGBT politics. She identifies as a Republican, a party traditionally hostile to LGBT rights, and though she admitted the Democrats had a more pro-LGBT platform, she said “it was easy to come out as trans, it was harder to come out as a Republican.”
She has also been criticized for not always recognizing her economic privilege, which keeps her out of touch with the realities many trans people face, such as homelessness, abuse and discrimination.
Jaya Saxena is a lifestyle writer and editor whose work focuses primarily on women's issues and web culture. Her writing has appeared in GQ, ELLE, the Toast, the New Yorker, Tthe Hairpin, BuzzFeed, Racked, Eater, Catapult, and others. She is the co-author of 'Dad Magazine,' the author of 'The Book Of Lost Recipes,' and the co-author of 'Basic Witches.'