- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Today 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Today 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:30 AM
- Chuck E. Cheese recycles pizza is the conspiracy theory that won’t die Saturday 6:30 AM
Modern technology may have saved a young boy’s life.
Aiden said he was walking down a street to go to his friend’s house when a truck pulled up next to him and a man inside grabbed him. The 9-year-old told Fox 61 that he was thrown into the back of the man’s vehicle.
After a few minutes in the car with his abductor, Aiden saw his chance of escaping when the driver sped behind a local grocery store. Aiden said that his abductor was driving fast. But the boy says he was afraid of never seeing his family again and was willing to risk injury.
“He was going pretty fast so I just unlocked the door and jumped out,” Aiden said. “[The man] didn’t even notice, but then he looked back.”
Aiden told KSL TV that he then called his stepfather, Jimmy Green, using a GizmoGadget.
“I’m really impressed that he was able to function and keep his wits about him,” Green says. “We’re just glad that he’s back.”
An online description of the GizmoGadget says it can call and text up to four preprogrammed phone numbers and is equipped with a GPS tracker.
Police are still searching for the suspect.