- Majority of threats made since El Paso and Dayton shootings have been made online Thursday 8:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus tweets about cheating allegations and penis cake drama Thursday 6:32 PM
- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale Thursday 6:00 PM
- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges Thursday 5:31 PM
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Thursday 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Thursday 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Thursday 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Thursday 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Thursday 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Thursday 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Thursday 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Thursday 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Thursday 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games (updated) Thursday 12:25 PM
- This video of dozens of inflatable mattresses taking off in the wind is perfect Thursday 12:20 PM
What some kids take for granted, 11-year-old Landon has not. As the eldest in his blended family, he got a little choked up this Christmas when he opened the most meaningful gift of all: an adoption certificate.
The heartwarming video has been viewed over 143,000 times since Landon’s mother, Janelle Rice, posted it on Facebook Christmas morning. She told Inside Edition, that Landon’s stepdad, Daniel, has always treated her son as his own and now they’re just making it official.
“This is to certify that Landon Ryan Rice will be formally adopted by Daniel Rice February 2017,” the certificate read. “It’s not flesh and blood, but the heart that makes us father and son.”
Janelle said she met Daniel when Landon was 5 months old, and the couple has since had two other kids together.
“Landon says he’s just really happy, and very proud that he will get his last name changed to ‘Rice,'” she told Inside Edition. “I think it is just a piece of him that was missing, but we had no idea that this would be such a blessing to him!”
Jessica Machado is the IRL editor of the Daily Dot. Previously, she was an associate editor at Rolling Stone. Her work has been published in the Washington Post, Elle, Vice, Salon, BuzzFeed, Guernica, Bitch, Bust, the Cut, the Awl, the Toast, among others.