- Amanda Holden’s bad coronavirus advice sheds light on the struggle of being immunocompromised Friday 9:03 PM
- The World Health Organization is now fighting coronavirus misinformation on TikTok Friday 8:43 PM
- Police are using coronavirus misinformation to trick people into turning in drugs Friday 8:11 PM
- People can’t stop touching their faces–and the CDC really wants them to Friday 7:31 PM
- A TikTok of a girl getting an abortion is going viral—and the internet is divided Friday 3:06 PM
- FCC proposes $200 million fine for T-Mobile, others over data sharing Friday 3:03 PM
- Which ‘Love is Blind’ couples are still together? Friday 2:01 PM
- Review: ‘The Invisible Man’ reboot is thrilling but basic Friday 1:25 PM
- Sex workers speak out after OnlyFans leak Friday 1:21 PM
- Normani addresses Camila Cabello’s racist social media posts Friday 1:07 PM
- Mike Huckabee’s defense of Trump’s coronavirus response will make you nauseous Friday 12:06 PM
- Gmail’s email filtering may affect what candidate emails you are seeing Friday 11:08 AM
- Woman shares aftermath of domestic abuse: ‘This is only to raise awareness’ Friday 10:40 AM
- Skai Jackson gets restraining order against Bhad Bhabie after death threat Friday 10:19 AM
- Taylor Swift shades Scooter Braun in ‘The Man’ video Friday 10:15 AM
What some kids take for granted, 11-year-old Landon has not. As the eldest in his blended family, he got a little choked up this Christmas when he opened the most meaningful gift of all: an adoption certificate.
The heartwarming video has been viewed over 143,000 times since Landon’s mother, Janelle Rice, posted it on Facebook Christmas morning. She told Inside Edition, that Landon’s stepdad, Daniel, has always treated her son as his own and now they’re just making it official.
“This is to certify that Landon Ryan Rice will be formally adopted by Daniel Rice February 2017,” the certificate read. “It’s not flesh and blood, but the heart that makes us father and son.”
Janelle said she met Daniel when Landon was 5 months old, and the couple has since had two other kids together.
“Landon says he’s just really happy, and very proud that he will get his last name changed to ‘Rice,'” she told Inside Edition. “I think it is just a piece of him that was missing, but we had no idea that this would be such a blessing to him!”
Jessica Machado is the IRL editor of the Daily Dot. Previously, she was an associate editor at Rolling Stone. Her work has been published in the Washington Post, Elle, Vice, Salon, BuzzFeed, Guernica, Bitch, Bust, the Cut, the Awl, the Toast, among others.