- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ unmasks the time-traveling Red Angel Thursday 8:30 PM
- Everyone is making memes of Meghan McCain saying ‘my father’ on loop Thursday 8:11 PM
- Irony of Georgia’s sperm-reporting bill flies by anti-abortion advocates Thursday 7:11 PM
- Sex scandals are consuming the K-pop industry Thursday 5:44 PM
- Trump supporters are abandoning Fox News over network’s latest hire Thursday 5:20 PM
- QAnon is attacking a random woman in a disturbing and dangerous way Thursday 4:59 PM
- Google celebrates Bach with AI-powered, music-making doodle Thursday 4:53 PM
- RIP: The best free trial in all of streaming entertainment Thursday 2:19 PM
- Which ‘Florida Man’ are you? Thursday 1:06 PM
- Hundreds of millions of Facebook passwords were accessible to employees Thursday 12:55 PM
- ‘Bitch I’m Bella Thorne’ morphs into TikTok dyslexia meme Thursday 12:17 PM
- Marvel is auctioning props and costumes from Netflix’s ‘Defenders’ franchise Thursday 12:12 PM
- Net neutrality advocates plan online watch party for the ‘Save the Internet’ Act Thursday 12:01 PM
- Tim Cook turns his iPad meme into an AirPod meme Thursday 11:46 AM
- Auschwitz Memorial asks visitors to stop taking playful photos at Holocaust site Thursday 11:33 AM
Jay Z went as Tommie Smith.
Everyone is always looking to see what Beyoncé will do because everything she does tends to be incredible. Her Halloween costume this year was no different. Bey chose to dress as track and field star Flo Jo.
Flo Jo (Florence Griffith Joyner) is considered one of the fastest women of all time since she still holds the world record in the 100 meters with the 10.49 she ran at the 1988 Olympic trials, the New York Times reports.
People were quick to point out how iconic not only Flo Jo’s running accomplishments are, but how fabulous she looked while she was running.
“She was so glamorous on the track, nails done, the best custom uniforms,” one person on Twitter said. “Let’s just say an ICON!”
Alot of yall dont even know who Beyonce was for Halloween! Flo Jo is the fastest woman of all time in the 100 meter and 200 meter dash, her record has not been touched since 1988 ! She was so glamorous on the track, nails done, the best custom uniforms. lets just say an ICON ! pic.twitter.com/bXWSKiSlg5
— JabbarLewis (@JabbarLewis) November 1, 2018
Seeing Beyoncé re-create Flo Jo’s look “is the best thing I’ve ever seen,” another person said.
Omfg. Beyonce as Flo Jo😩😭 this is the best thing I've ever seen. pic.twitter.com/iSGDtTkR5D
— Gennette Cordova (@GNCordova) November 1, 2018
Of course, her husband Jay Z joined her as another sports icon. For his costume, he dressed as Tommie Smith, who is best known for his Black Power Salute on the podium at the 1968 Olympic Games.
Their costumes together gave one person “big feels.”
Big feels seeing Jay-Z and Beyonce dressed up as icons Flo Jo and Tommy Smith 😭 pic.twitter.com/77BKkndrEF
— laney (@misslaneym) November 1, 2018
Beyoncé continues to give us all nothing but the very best, and we can’t wait to see next year’s costumes.
As for other celebrities’ Halloween costumes? There were a few good ones.
— Lupita Nyong'o (@Lupita_Nyongo) November 1, 2018
— Kylie Jenner (@KylieJenner) October 31, 2018
— Mariah Carey (@MariahCarey) October 31, 2018
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.