- Teen says she is suicidal after bullying video goes viral Wednesday 6:01 PM
- Trump supporters claim Reddit is staging a coup against The_Donald Wednesday 5:58 PM
- Conservative parliament member’s teabag photo spills serious tea Wednesday 5:27 PM
- Right-wing conspiracy theorists see coronavirus as a plot against Trump Wednesday 5:25 PM
- Chapo Trap House among leftist channels banned on Twitch for streaming Democratic debate Wednesday 4:20 PM
- Meet Ryker, the world’s worst service dog Wednesday 4:01 PM
- Far-right blogger claims Trump ordered arrest of Julian Assange Wednesday 3:47 PM
- Reddit man wants to tell people he’s been with his girlfriend for one year instead of 6—for an incredibly dumb reason Wednesday 2:18 PM
- John C. Reilly’s son Leo is a TikTok star Wednesday 1:58 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: A friendship sails Wednesday 1:52 PM
- For celebs, Kobe Bryant tattoos are all the rage Wednesday 1:01 PM
- The internet has discovered Jim and Pam Halpert’s daughter—and she’s on TikTok Wednesday 12:32 PM
- YouPorn launches adult-themed TikTok knock-off (updated) Wednesday 12:29 PM
- Clearview AI client list reportedly stolen Wednesday 11:56 AM
- Billie Eilish’s brother Finneas walks back on tone-deaf advice to young creatives Wednesday 11:26 AM
Everyone is always looking to see what Beyoncé will do because everything she does tends to be incredible. Her Halloween costume this year was no different. Bey chose to dress as track and field star Flo Jo.
Flo Jo (Florence Griffith Joyner) is considered one of the fastest women of all time since she still holds the world record in the 100 meters with the 10.49 she ran at the 1988 Olympic trials, the New York Times reports.
People were quick to point out how iconic not only Flo Jo’s running accomplishments are, but how fabulous she looked while she was running.
“She was so glamorous on the track, nails done, the best custom uniforms,” one person on Twitter said. “Let’s just say an ICON!”
Alot of yall dont even know who Beyonce was for Halloween! Flo Jo is the fastest woman of all time in the 100 meter and 200 meter dash, her record has not been touched since 1988 ! She was so glamorous on the track, nails done, the best custom uniforms. lets just say an ICON ! pic.twitter.com/bXWSKiSlg5— JabbarLewis (@JabbarLewis) November 1, 2018
Seeing Beyoncé re-create Flo Jo’s look “is the best thing I’ve ever seen,” another person said.
Omfg. Beyonce as Flo Jo😩😭 this is the best thing I've ever seen. pic.twitter.com/iSGDtTkR5D— Gennette Cordova (@GNCordova) November 1, 2018
Of course, her husband Jay Z joined her as another sports icon. For his costume, he dressed as Tommie Smith, who is best known for his Black Power Salute on the podium at the 1968 Olympic Games.
Their costumes together gave one person “big feels.”
Beyoncé continues to give us all nothing but the very best, and we can’t wait to see next year’s costumes.
As for other celebrities’ Halloween costumes? There were a few good ones.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.