- Michael Avenatti allegedly defrauded Stormy Daniels to pay for a Ferrari 7 Months Ago
- HBO has no plans for an Arya Stark spinoff series 7 Months Ago
- Republicans and Democrats agree on dangers of facial recognition tech 7 Months Ago
- Amazon is using video games and ‘swag bucks’ to incentivize workers Today 3:04 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in June Today 2:46 PM
- This Michael Jackson makeup meme is sweeping TikTok Today 2:45 PM
- Homophobic preacher wants Pete Buttigieg to renounce fisting and rimming Today 2:33 PM
- ‘The Liar, the Snitch, and the War Crimes’: Twitter roasts news of Trump Jr. book deal Today 12:36 PM
- Polar Peak in Fortnite is cracking, and players think a dragon may be beneath the ice Today 12:07 PM
- ‘Rise of Skywalker’ first look reveals mysterious new characters Today 12:00 PM
- Meet the anti-choice, pro-NRA Trump supporter challenging Rep. Justin Amash Today 11:51 AM
- Moby attempts to prove he dated Natalie Portman with a shirtless photo Today 11:39 AM
- After feuding with James Charles, Tati Westbrook angers the YouTube community Today 11:06 AM
- Does Keri Russell’s ‘Rise of Skywalker’ character have an offensive name in Spanish? Today 10:59 AM
- It’s not clear if Ralph Northam is in racist yearbook photo, investigators say Today 10:48 AM
Jay Z went as Tommie Smith.
Everyone is always looking to see what Beyoncé will do because everything she does tends to be incredible. Her Halloween costume this year was no different. Bey chose to dress as track and field star Flo Jo.
Flo Jo (Florence Griffith Joyner) is considered one of the fastest women of all time since she still holds the world record in the 100 meters with the 10.49 she ran at the 1988 Olympic trials, the New York Times reports.
People were quick to point out how iconic not only Flo Jo’s running accomplishments are, but how fabulous she looked while she was running.
“She was so glamorous on the track, nails done, the best custom uniforms,” one person on Twitter said. “Let’s just say an ICON!”
Alot of yall dont even know who Beyonce was for Halloween! Flo Jo is the fastest woman of all time in the 100 meter and 200 meter dash, her record has not been touched since 1988 ! She was so glamorous on the track, nails done, the best custom uniforms. lets just say an ICON ! pic.twitter.com/bXWSKiSlg5
— JabbarLewis (@JabbarLewis) November 1, 2018
Seeing Beyoncé re-create Flo Jo’s look “is the best thing I’ve ever seen,” another person said.
Omfg. Beyonce as Flo Jo😩😭 this is the best thing I've ever seen. pic.twitter.com/iSGDtTkR5D
— Gennette Cordova (@GNCordova) November 1, 2018
Of course, her husband Jay Z joined her as another sports icon. For his costume, he dressed as Tommie Smith, who is best known for his Black Power Salute on the podium at the 1968 Olympic Games.
Their costumes together gave one person “big feels.”
Big feels seeing Jay-Z and Beyonce dressed up as icons Flo Jo and Tommy Smith 😭 pic.twitter.com/77BKkndrEF
— laney (@misslaneym) November 1, 2018
Beyoncé continues to give us all nothing but the very best, and we can’t wait to see next year’s costumes.
As for other celebrities’ Halloween costumes? There were a few good ones.
— Lupita Nyong'o (@Lupita_Nyongo) November 1, 2018
— Kylie Jenner (@KylieJenner) October 31, 2018
— Mariah Carey (@MariahCarey) October 31, 2018
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.