- How to stream Packers vs. Lions on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:15 PM
- College students burned author’s books after she spoke about white privilege Sunday 6:28 PM
- Texas police officer fatally shoots Black woman in her own home Sunday 3:44 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos’ website dangerous.com was sold Sunday 1:42 PM
- First YouTube comment to hit 1 million likes is on Billie Eilish’s ‘bad guy’ music video Sunday 12:36 PM
- Girl says she was fired over exposing how Panera makes its mac and cheese on TikTok Sunday 11:34 AM
- David Harbour teased fans about Hopper’s ‘Stranger Things’ fate on ‘SNL’ Sunday 10:24 AM
- Kacey Musgraves accused of cultural appropriation–and botching it Sunday 9:19 AM
- Rihanna defends Vogue writer who received backlash for ‘winging’ interview Sunday 8:36 AM
- Here are the best PC games to add to your list Sunday 8:20 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 8 Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chargers on Sunday Night Football Saturday 7:20 PM
- Popular TikTok teens accused of pretending to be gay for clout Saturday 6:38 PM
- Scott Walker’s ‘$26 haircut’ dig at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez backfires Saturday 4:46 PM
- Halle synagogue shooter allegedly posted manifesto on anime message board Saturday 4:06 PM
The responses to American Eagle’s new denim hijab will remind you how important it is
Hooray for inclusion!
Mall retailers are taking big steps toward fashion inclusivity. Teen-loved clothing retailer and brand American Eagle Outfitters is now selling a denim hijab. The denim hijab is a soft fabric and comes in an indigo wash. The head covering is available online right now for $19.95, with the product description encouraging shoppers to “Wear it your way. Make it as original as you are.”
Everything about this is an emphatic “Yes!”
The fact that the brand is now selling denim hijabs is an excellent forward progress effort and offers another fashionable choice to women who wear this traditional item of clothing.
So many women aren’t truly represented or considered when it comes to mainstream or mall fashion offerings; they often don’t see something designed with them in mind while cruising the mall. The fact AE now sells a hijab is a critically important gesture, one that shows the brand embraces all walks of life, culture, style, and religion.
Model Halima Aiden, who was featured on the cover of Allure‘s July American Beauty issue wearing a hijab in a monumental first for the publication, posted AE’s denim hijab on her personal Instagram, along with a clapping emoji to show her approval. She has also been featured in the company’s advertising, looking absolutely breathtaking in her denim hijab.
A post shared by American Eagle (@americaneagle) on
This is true American style on so many levels. The Twitterverse reacted to AE’s hijab and the response is pretty stoked. Below is the one tweet so far that totally and completely sums things up.
Indeed, it’s quite a look!
Clearly, AE is reaching people with its recent efforts.