- Muslim girls are making fun of Islamophobia in viral TikTok videos Thursday 8:34 PM
- Kendall Jenner’s ‘cruel’ dog collar sparks online debate Thursday 8:04 PM
- All ‘The Witcher’ content you can gobble up once you finish the Netflix series Thursday 7:47 PM
- Tinder adding a ‘panic button’ for when dates go awry Thursday 6:14 PM
- Webcam footage of ‘Bigfoot’ shared by state government agency Thursday 5:47 PM
- Video shows that James Corden doesn’t drive Carpool Karaoke car—and fans feel betrayed Thursday 5:06 PM
- Video shows Julianne Hough screaming, writhing during physical therapy demo Thursday 4:47 PM
- Halsey accidentally called for another 9/11 Thursday 4:01 PM
- Lizzo’s Rolling Stone shoot criticized for cultural appropriation Thursday 3:19 PM
- Bloomberg’s broadband platform is 5 years behind his rivals Thursday 3:03 PM
- Hulu’s ‘Endlings’ is a smart sci-fi show for kids—and adults Thursday 1:42 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Pandemic’ drops right when we need to be worried most Thursday 1:20 PM
- TikTok signs licensing agreement with Merlin Thursday 12:19 PM
- Anime film ‘NiNoKuni’ falls apart with flimsy plotting Thursday 11:57 AM
- Cop who called for boycott of Beyoncé’s Super Bowl performance now says he’s Black Thursday 11:12 AM
Alec Baldwin booted from American Airlines, quits Twitter
Twitter has an alternate mile-high club for famous folks booted from airplanes: Green Day’s Billy Joe Armstrong, director Kevin Smith, and now, Alec Baldwin.
Paging Liz Lemon. You have a situation to take care of: Alec Baldwin just got kicked off an American Airlines flight, according to a tweet from a fellow passenger.
“On an AA flight at LAX. Alec Baldwin removed from the plane We had to go back to the gate. Terrible that everyone had to wait,” tweeted Michael Wolf.
Baldwin took to Twitter to give his side of the story just minutes ago.
Baldwin’s name is a trending topic on Twitter with many users poking fun at the situation.
“It’s true. I was the one playing Alec Baldwin in Words With Friends. Ironically, I won with the word “airplane,” joked Johanna Cerutti.
The actor has since deactivated his Twitter account. Reporter Alex Weprin posted the following response he received [email protected] about the decision: “@alexweprin – just focused on #30Rock for now.”
On the plus side, at least now Baldwin can say he was escorted out of AA.
Photo by David Shankbone
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.