- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video 4 Weeks Ago
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Today 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Today 8:24 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Sevilla Friday 6:35 PM
- How to stream Peter ‘Kid Chocolate’ Quillin vs. Alfredo Angulo Friday 5:16 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Granada Friday 4:50 PM
- ‘Atlantics’ tells a ghost story steeped with emotion and realism Friday 4:16 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ is a sweet, singular movie that loses its grip on satire Friday 3:40 PM
- Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Klonopin addiction Friday 3:34 PM
- The cat-worshipping turkey cult video, explained Friday 3:22 PM
- Despite legal threats and drama, the Area 51 desert event is on Friday 3:05 PM
- How to stream Yair Rodriguez vs. Jeremy Stephens on UFC Fight Night Friday 3:00 PM
This story contains graphic video footage and descriptions of animal abuse and death.
A YouTuber uploaded a video, showing what appears to be a decapitated cat as the YouTuber can be heard laughing in the background. Many are now calling on YouTube to ban the user from the platform.
A snippet of the video was shared on Twitter Saturday by user Destiny. Destiny alleges that the video was originally uploaded to YouTube by channel Akatsukito暁.
“I’m absolutely fucking disgusted right now. This YouTuber uploaded videos of him abusing and then killing his cat.. and I honestly just don’t know to say anymore,” Destiny wrote, along with tagging Team YouTube.
I’m absolutely fucking disgusted right now. This YouTuber uploaded videos of him abusing and then killing his cat.. and I honestly just don’t know to say anymore. @TeamYouTube— Destiny (@JustDestinyYT) August 24, 2019
Person in video is named: Akatsukito pic.twitter.com/srdA5kzTab
Destiny added a content warning to the beginning of the video. “Some viewers may find the following video disturbing. Viewer discretion is advised,” the disclaimer reads.
A cat, which is blurred out, can be seen lying motionless on the ground in what appears to be a pool of blood. Meanwhile, the person filming the video can be heard continuously laughing throughout the recording.
“YouTube please ban this guy’s channel,” Destiny added at the end of the video. “It is absolutely disgusting that anyone could possibly do this let alone find it funny.”
Hundreds began commenting on the video.
“I can’t tolerate animal abuse. I know that some people don’t care about animals but seriously, I assure you, soon the cats wont be enough and he will look for something more intense. If not for the animals his community should do something before this psycho start hurting others,” Twitter user @ZamorianMog wrote.
Holy crap. Sickos will do anything for clout.— Ian Miles Cheong (@stillgray) August 24, 2019
@YouTube only cares if enough of a uproar is caused. They care more about fee fees than real abuse.— Winter Harpoon (@HarpoonWinter) August 24, 2019
I can't tolerate animal abuse. I know that some people don't care about animals but seriously, I assure you, soon the cats wont be enough and he will look for something more intense. If not for the animals his community should do something before this psycho start hurting others— I AM ERROR. (@ZamorianMog) August 25, 2019
Wow this dude actually decapitated the cat and tore off its front legs. Wtf— Ashlynn (@Just_ADumbBitch) August 24, 2019
I really am disappointed in what our society has come to like you think abusing your dog/cat is “funny” well it’s not ok so you have to be out of your god damn mind to think posting shit like that is funny I Am disgusted with all of this and I just hope people like this stop— Jessica ya boi rodriguez (@jjgoodyaboi1) August 24, 2019
Destiny wrote in a follow-up tweet on Saturday that the video in question had been removed, yet Akatsukito’s account remained on the platform. The account was no longer available by Saturday afternoon when the Daily Dot conducted a search for it. “This account has been terminated for a violation of YouTube’s Terms of Service,” a notice on the terminated account reads.
Many Twitter users also linked Akatsukito and the video to the Peluchin Entertainment YouTube channel, which is run by a teenager who has been seen abusing cats in the past. The account still remains active. The Daily Dot was not able to independently verify the association between the two accounts and has reached out to YouTube to verify this.
An account of the same name and featured image–of a sad cartoon cat with red splotches on its head, presumably blood–popped up after the termination of the original account. The account uploaded just one video, featuring the Peluchin Entertainment teen. Peluchin Entertainment was also one of the only two YouTube channels that were featured under its “Channels” section. After the Daily Dot discovered this account and sent it to a YouTube representative, the account was also terminated.
The Daily Dot has since discovered a third account of the same name and featured image of the previous two.
It’s unclear if the person behind the original Akatsukito account is also behind the pop-up accounts.
The Daily Dot has reached out to YouTube.
- This YouTuber reportedly filmed himself abusing his cat—and his channel is still active
- Man claims ex-girlfriend killed his dog after he broke up with her
- Graphic video shows father beating young daughter for being sexually active
- YouTube star Brooke Houts is being investigated by police after dog abuse video
Samira Sadeque is a New York-based journalist reporting on immigration, sexual violence, and mental health, and will sometimes write about memes and dinosaurs too. Her work also appears in Reuters, NPR, and NBC among other publications. She graduated from Columbia Journalism School, and her work has been nominated for SAJA awards. Follow: @Samideque