- ‘Bachelor’ contestant apologizes for ‘White Lives Matter’ photo shoot Today 12:13 AM
- ‘Sonic The Hedgehog’ sets box office record for video game movies Sunday 8:15 PM
- Truck driver allegedly watching porn kills teen driver in a car crash Sunday 6:44 PM
- Is the Buttigieg campaign behind this pro-Pete Nigerian Twitter account? Sunday 4:58 PM
- Mask that has your face printed on it allows you to unlock your phone during viral epidemics Sunday 3:52 PM
- Justin Bieber slid into the DMs of someone who hated his new album Sunday 1:05 PM
- HQ Trivia host and co-founder in Twitter feud amid shutdown Sunday 12:10 PM
- YouTuber shamed for fake call with Caroline Flack after her death Sunday 10:59 AM
- This MAGA-loving Keanu Reeves imposter isn’t fooling anyone Sunday 10:16 AM
- How to watch ‘Outlander’ season 5 online Sunday 8:00 AM
- Kobe Bryant’s complicated online legacy isn’t buried with him Sunday 6:00 AM
- TikTok teen’s reaction to discovering boyfriend’s cheating goes viral Saturday 4:46 PM
- This may be the creepiest Amazon review you’ll ever read Saturday 3:58 PM
- Bill Maher booed on own show over defense of Bloomberg Saturday 3:37 PM
- The Sun allegedly deletes negative Caroline Flack story after her death Saturday 2:48 PM
Perhaps you woke up this morning and thought to yourself that, it finally being Friday, it would be a day of positive news. The last of the presidential debates is over, Donald Trump has not said anything horribly incriminating or offensive in at least 12 hours, and hey, Twitter was down for a good chunk of the morning so even if there was bad news, you didn’t have to see it! Friday was really shaping up, huh?
Well, too bad. Here’s the story of Boo, a dog who appears to have been left behind with the trash when his owners moved, and spent days sleeping on a mattress.
According to Facebook user Liz Marie, the little angel was left in a pile of trash, and “stayed right by their stuff and never left it, confused and lonely.” Marie said if you’re interested, you can contact the Detroit Youth and Dog Rescue.
When asked about the lil guy, Detroit Youth and Dog Rescue founder Dustin Oliver told the Daily Dot that he first found out about Boo from a Facebook post. A neighbor had reportedly contacted a number of local animal services, none of which would take Boo. After a few days of visiting Boo and building trust, Oliver took him to a vet, who unfortunately found that Boo has heartworm. Oliver says Boo has “started treatment and in boarding until we find a proper fit for his foster care.”
The organization doesn’t have a physical shelter, but rather works through foster care. Since its founding in 2014, Oliver says they’ve rescued “60-75” animals.
While Boo’s story has over 800 shares, and Oliver says they’ve received numerous inquiries, Boo hasn’t found a home yet. Do you live near Detroit? Do you want a dog? Please, go get this one.
Jaya Saxena is a lifestyle writer and editor whose work focuses primarily on women's issues and web culture. Her writing has appeared in GQ, ELLE, the Toast, the New Yorker, Tthe Hairpin, BuzzFeed, Racked, Eater, Catapult, and others. She is the co-author of 'Dad Magazine,' the author of 'The Book Of Lost Recipes,' and the co-author of 'Basic Witches.'