- Tom Holland rescues fan getting squashed by autograph hounds Tuesday 7:14 PM
- What is incel ‘Chadfishing’? Tuesday 6:36 PM
- Facebook to give France data on users suspected of hate speech Tuesday 5:29 PM
- This 89-year-old man is stunned by all the technology around him—in 1930 Tuesday 5:21 PM
- Wayfair refuses to stop furnishing migrant detention centers Tuesday 4:48 PM
- Woah! How did Keanu Reeves get so small? Tuesday 4:37 PM
- The centrist argument against Sanders’ student loan plan is getting ripped apart Tuesday 4:08 PM
- Jonathan Frakes confirms that you’re right in yet another meme Tuesday 3:56 PM
- Meryl Streep, Ariana Grande set to star in Netflix’s ‘The Prom’ Tuesday 3:35 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ Season 3 goodies are here just in time Tuesday 3:01 PM
- Kim Kardashian’s shapewear line Kimono is already getting called out Tuesday 2:11 PM
- ‘Aggretsuko’ tones down the rage in season 2 Tuesday 1:13 PM
- TikTok is being used to call out predators Tuesday 12:41 PM
- Republican congressman wants to defund PBS over the gay rat wedding Tuesday 12:39 PM
- Elizabeth Warren calls for sweeping overhaul of U.S. elections Tuesday 11:47 AM
Put your phone down and listen.
Even while you’re sleeping, your social media persona is engaging with the world. This “always on” mentality is shaping the psychology of a generation—for good or ill.
Having 24/7 social media in the palm of your hand means you’re never more than a “like” or text away from your spouse, your parents, your ex, or your job. This is a fundamentally different way to live than all previous generations.
This week on 2 Girls 1 Podcast, Alli and Jen (actors who perform weird internet stuff on stage) talk to Dr. Leora Trub, a psychology professor at Pace University, who has authored numerous studies about the power our phones have on mental wellness.
Listen to the show:
2 Girls 1 Podcast is supported by listeners. A lot of time and resources go into research, booking, editing, and publishing this show. If you love internet culture as much as we love ‘casting about it, consider a contribution of $1 or $2 per month to help offset our production costs. Become a patron of #2G1P and earn some cool perks while you’re at it:
Subscribe to 2 Girls 1 Podcast wherever you listen to your favorite podcasts and get new episodes one week early on the free TuneIn app!
We’d love to hear from you!
- Email the show: [email protected]
- Tweet us: @alligold, @joonbugger, @alliandjen
- Call us: (347) 871-6548 (Leave us a message with a suggestion, personal story, original song, or just shout into your phone. We might play your voicemail on the show.)
If you enjoy this podcast, consider sharing it with a friend or two, and use the hashtag #2G1P. We’ll be watching!
Matt Silverman is the director of video and producer of 2 Girls 1 Podcast at the Daily Dot. He has been making internet shows and viral videos for nearly a decade, and has directed top talent including John Oliver, Kevin Bacon, Kate McKinnon, Alton Brown, and the Sesame Street Muppets. Silverman is also the creator of FREE DAD VIDEOS, a comedy and music channel with his young children.