- Trump turns on his favorite cable news network 9 Months Ago
- How to stream Bellator 218 for free Today 8:00 AM
- Jordan Peele’s ‘Us’ is already a meme gold mine Today 7:18 AM
- ‘Queen’s Shadow’ is a brilliant character study into a ‘Star Wars’ fan favorite Today 7:00 AM
- Roku vs Apple TV: Which streaming device rules them all? Today 7:00 AM
- Trans/Sex: Here’s what you need to know before having sex with a trans woman Today 6:30 AM
- How to spot a deepfake Today 6:30 AM
- Here’s the best ‘Game of Thrones’ fanfiction Today 6:00 AM
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ unmasks the time-traveling Red Angel Thursday 8:30 PM
- Everyone is making memes of Meghan McCain saying ‘my father’ on loop Thursday 8:11 PM
- Irony of Georgia’s sperm-reporting bill flies by anti-abortion advocates Thursday 7:11 PM
- Sex scandals are consuming the K-pop industry Thursday 5:44 PM
- Trump supporters are abandoning Fox News over network’s latest hire Thursday 5:20 PM
- QAnon is attacking a random woman in a disturbing and dangerous way Thursday 4:59 PM
- Google celebrates Bach with AI-powered, music-making doodle Thursday 4:53 PM
Put your phone down and listen.
Even while you’re sleeping, your social media persona is engaging with the world. This “always on” mentality is shaping the psychology of a generation—for good or ill.
Having 24/7 social media in the palm of your hand means you’re never more than a “like” or text away from your spouse, your parents, your ex, or your job. This is a fundamentally different way to live than all previous generations.
This week on 2 Girls 1 Podcast, Alli and Jen (actors who perform weird internet stuff on stage) talk to Dr. Leora Trub, a psychology professor at Pace University, who has authored numerous studies about the power our phones have on mental wellness.
Listen to the show:
2 Girls 1 Podcast is supported by listeners. A lot of time and resources go into research, booking, editing, and publishing this show. If you love internet culture as much as we love ‘casting about it, consider a contribution of $1 or $2 per month to help offset our production costs. Become a patron of #2G1P and earn some cool perks while you’re at it:
Subscribe to 2 Girls 1 Podcast wherever you listen to your favorite podcasts and get new episodes one week early on the free TuneIn app!
We’d love to hear from you!
- Email the show: [email protected]
- Tweet us: @alligold, @joonbugger, @alliandjen
- Call us: (347) 871-6548 (Leave us a message with a suggestion, personal story, original song, or just shout into your phone. We might play your voicemail on the show.)
If you enjoy this podcast, consider sharing it with a friend or two, and use the hashtag #2G1P. We’ll be watching!
Matt Silverman is the director of video and producer of 2 Girls 1 Podcast at the Daily Dot. He has been making internet shows and viral videos for nearly a decade, and has directed top talent including John Oliver, Kevin Bacon, Kate McKinnon, Alton Brown, and the Sesame Street Muppets. Silverman is also the creator of FREE DAD VIDEOS, a comedy and music channel with his young children.