- Ajit Pai’s net neutrality victory lap comes as his own repeal is under review 7 Years Ago
- Alissa Violet is in Italy—and fans are worried she’ll get coronavirus 7 Years Ago
- Bernie or Barry? Garth Brooks’ Sanders jersey sparks online panic 7 Years Ago
- Netflix series ‘Followers’ is a visual treat—but lacks a clear narrative Today 6:00 AM
- Influencer got trapped under ice for TikTok clout, ‘came close to dying’ Thursday 7:59 PM
- #BernieBruh puts new spin on ‘Bernie Bro’ label, showcases support among Black voters Thursday 6:58 PM
- Camila María Concepcíon, trans activist and Netflix writer, dies at 28 Thursday 5:46 PM
- Chrissy Teigen calls out fan who made weird comment about her daughter’s feet Thursday 4:57 PM
- TikTok’s ‘clean queen’ says videos are helping her figure out ‘adulting’ Thursday 4:12 PM
- Clearview clients include ICE, Macy’s, Best Buy, leaked data reveals Thursday 4:08 PM
- Women are clamoring to get their photos on a Twitter feed of ‘hot mugshots’ Thursday 4:06 PM
- ‘Love Is Blind’ finale: Somehow, real love emerged from this dystopian setting Thursday 3:57 PM
- Creator of ‘Say So’ TikTok dance appears in Doja Cat music video Thursday 3:51 PM
- Is TikTok’s algorithm actually pretty racist? Thursday 3:45 PM
- Fans freaking out over ‘Say My Name’ horror remix featured in Jordan Peele’s ‘Candyman’ Thursday 3:33 PM
13 terrifying pictures of Hurricane Sandy
Here’s a small glimpse of the early destruction of Hurricane Sandy.
From North Carolina to Massachusetts, Hurricane Sandy is battering the entire East Coast.
Instagram, Reddit, and Twitter are capturing the destruction the massive storm one shared photo at a time.
Roads are flooding in the coastal areas of New Jersey, parts of New York metro area are starting to storm surge seep through the barriers, and several piers in North Carolina are being torn apart from the winds.
Oh, there is also some snow accumulating in West Virginia and Tennessee mountains.
Here are 13 pictures from the storm.
Photo via @SamWalkerOBX/Twitter
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.