- Cooking Mama’s return whips up a fresh batch of memes Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Influencer body-shames model, Photoshops photo of self to ‘prove point’ Tuesday 7:27 PM
- Boosie Badazz goes on transphobic rant about Dwyane Wade’s daughter Tuesday 6:34 PM
- Royal Family’s website accidentally links to porn instead of charity Tuesday 5:39 PM
- Republican senator spreads false conspiracy about coronavirus Tuesday 5:11 PM
- New DNA technology could help exonerate Black man serving life sentence Tuesday 4:24 PM
- ‘SNL’s’ Kenan Thompson to host the White House Correspondents’ Dinner Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Summer Walker dragged for insensitive HIV comments Tuesday 2:39 PM
- This video of a teddy bear getting steam cleaned makes a perfect meme Tuesday 2:27 PM
- Ted Cruz goes on Twitter tirade over proposed vasectomy bill Tuesday 2:22 PM
- Billie Eilish says she’s stopped reading Instagram comments Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Christian group blames satanists for Twitter poll results Tuesday 1:41 PM
- Coronavirus has pandemic-themed video games topping charts Tuesday 12:58 PM
- Bloomberg said kids are drawn to socialism because they think it involves social media Tuesday 12:55 PM
- Jake Paul gives ill-informed advice on how to deal with anxiety Tuesday 12:25 PM
Here’s a way to discover who unfriended you on Facebook
Do you really think you can handle it?
Facebook is the ultimate tool for keeping tabs on your favorite people, be they loved ones, celebrities, or those exes with whom you’re still sort of friends. But the more people in your friends list, the harder it becomes to manage that list. Thankfully, a Google Chrome extension appropriately called Who Deleted Me has the answer.
After you install the browser extension—or the mobile app for iOS or Android—Who Deleted Me creates a tally of your Facebook friend count and detects anyone who may have clicked the “Unfriend” button. It also tells you which of your friends has deactivated their Facebook accounts.
Who Deleted Me
Unfortunately, the extension does not detect friend deletions that may have happened in the past—only those moving forward.
The app is already surging in popularity, so much so that a spokesperson for Who Deleted Me told BuzzFeed that the app has experienced intermittent outages. The company is currently working on a fix.
Some people might balk at the idea of discovering haters they never knew they had, and understandably so. It’s like asking to relive painful memories of being the only one not invited to a sleepover or elementary birthday party.
On the plus side, it should make you—and everyone else—a little more mindful of their Facebook etiquette.
Jam Kotenko is a technology reporter who specializes in coverage of Instagram, Facebook, and other social media apps. Her work has been published by Digital Trends, Bustle, and Gotta Be Mobile.