- People are sharing how serving in the military has ruined their lives with #WhyIServe Today 5:31 PM
- Gillette ad showing a dad teaching his trans son how to shave has the internet in tears Today 4:34 PM
- 4chan’s new troll campaign aims to make the hashtag a white supremacist symbol Today 2:49 PM
- Here’s what that ‘cliff wife’ meme is all about Today 12:58 PM
- Artist suspended from Facebook, Instagram after posting anti-MAGA artwork Today 12:04 PM
- How to watch Serie A online for free Today 7:30 AM
- What does ‘uwu’ mean? Today 7:00 AM
- How to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher (for real) Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Indianapolis 500 online for free Today 6:00 AM
- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
The lens is available for a limited time.
The ephemeral social media app partnered with the Pokémon Company to unveil a new feature that’ll make you look like Pikachu.
There hasn't been a snapchat filter that has touched me like this one 😂😂😂😂 I'm craving Pokémon Tazos season now. pic.twitter.com/qgioyIeFkr
— Kudzai 🇿🇼/🇿🇦 (@Mr_SuitUp) August 14, 2017
— Jasmine Shugar (@JasmineShugar) August 14, 2017
The lens, which is only available for a limited time, will dress you up with Pikachu’s distinct yellow/black ears, huge bug eyes, black button nose, and comically large rosy cheeks. When you open your mouth, Pikachu arrives with a shriek and blasts lightning all over you. You should probably keep your smartphone’s volume down if you’re trying this one out in public.
— The Boy's Brandon (@Twin_Thing_One) August 14, 2017
LMAO so Snapchat finally added the 'Pokemon Go' filter to the least of your worries😂😂😂 was long overdue and very welcome 💅 pic.twitter.com/FhdgPHrLXN
— 🅼🆁🅳🆁🅴™️ (@officialmrdre) August 14, 2017
We’re not convinced it tops the originality of the hot dog meme, but it’s definitely up there when it comes to catering to Snapchat’s millennial audience. Snapchat had a dismal second quarter earning report and perhaps hopes the perpetual popularity of Pokémon can help turn things around.
It’s not clear when Pikachu will return to its Poké Ball, so we suggest taking as many selfies with the icon as possible.
H/T the Next Web
Phillip Tracy is a former technology staff writer at the Daily Dot. He's an expert on smartphones, social media trends, and gadgets. He previously reported on IoT and telecom for RCR Wireless News and contributed to NewBay Media magazine. He now writes for Laptop magazine.