- The best Korean beauty products for $15 or less 2 Years Ago
- PewDiePie’s reign as the No. 1 YouTuber seems to be over 2 Years Ago
- Amazon’s ‘Hanna’ miniseries offers a more conventional take on the teen spy thriller 2 Years Ago
- Conservative writer tweets about bombing a university after women are hired Today 10:16 AM
- YouTube star Ice Poseidon reportedly raided by FBI Today 10:11 AM
- Devin Nunes is threatening to sue more people who mock him on Twitter Today 10:10 AM
- The Economist faces blowback for asking if trans people should be sterilized Today 9:50 AM
- 8 doormats that we can’t believe actually exist Today 9:35 AM
- Why is political blog the Hill publishing op-eds by anti-LGBTQ hate groups? Today 9:16 AM
- A woman vice president? The 2020 men have some thoughts Today 9:00 AM
- 80 percent of Americans support reinstating net neutrality Today 8:38 AM
- Website secretly filmed 1,600 hotel guests for fetish live stream Today 8:18 AM
- The Holga 120N is the $40 camera you never knew you needed Today 8:13 AM
- Poster for ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’ gets mercilessly roasted Today 7:18 AM
- How to steam March Madness 2019 for free Today 7:00 AM
The lens is available for a limited time.
The ephemeral social media app partnered with the Pokémon Company to unveil a new feature that’ll make you look like Pikachu.
There hasn't been a snapchat filter that has touched me like this one 😂😂😂😂 I'm craving Pokémon Tazos season now. pic.twitter.com/qgioyIeFkr
— Kudzai 🇿🇼/🇿🇦 (@Mr_SuitUp) August 14, 2017
— Jasmine Shugar (@JasmineShugar) August 14, 2017
The lens, which is only available for a limited time, will dress you up with Pikachu’s distinct yellow/black ears, huge bug eyes, black button nose, and comically large rosy cheeks. When you open your mouth, Pikachu arrives with a shriek and blasts lightning all over you. You should probably keep your smartphone’s volume down if you’re trying this one out in public.
— The Boy's Brandon (@Twin_Thing_One) August 14, 2017
LMAO so Snapchat finally added the 'Pokemon Go' filter to the least of your worries😂😂😂 was long overdue and very welcome 💅 pic.twitter.com/FhdgPHrLXN
— 🅼🆁🅳🆁🅴™️ (@officialmrdre) August 14, 2017
We’re not convinced it tops the originality of the hot dog meme, but it’s definitely up there when it comes to catering to Snapchat’s millennial audience. Snapchat had a dismal second quarter earning report and perhaps hopes the perpetual popularity of Pokémon can help turn things around.
It’s not clear when Pikachu will return to its Poké Ball, so we suggest taking as many selfies with the icon as possible.
H/T the Next Web
Phillip Tracy is a former technology staff writer at the Daily Dot. He's an expert on smartphones, social media trends, and gadgets. He previously reported on IoT and telecom for RCR Wireless News and contributed to NewBay Media magazine. He now writes for Laptop magazine.