- Buttigieg, Klobuchar come together to laugh at Bloomberg Wednesday 10:29 PM
- Bernie Sanders calls Bloomberg’s wealth ‘grotesque’ to his face Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Angry Bloomberg asks debate moderators if he’s ‘chicken liver’ Wednesday 9:29 PM
- Elizabeth Warren savages everyone else’s healthcare plan Wednesday 9:07 PM
- K-Pop stans help push ‘Pooping for Kaitlin’ hashtag mocking Kent State gun girl Wednesday 8:54 PM
- Fans speculate after learning Pop Smoke posted address prior to fatal home invasion Wednesday 8:11 PM
- Jar of human tongues found in Florida has people shook Wednesday 6:39 PM
- Video of Blueface teaching Obama lookalike to dance is turning heads Wednesday 5:58 PM
- ‘No one has the range’ for this meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Mom confronts man who followed daughter through grocery store in viral video Wednesday 5:05 PM
- Major study linking vaping to heart attacks gets retracted Wednesday 4:36 PM
- George Zimmerman is suing Pete Buttigieg, Elizabeth Warren Wednesday 2:55 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Horse Girl’ accused of ripping off 2017 indie film Wednesday 2:52 PM
- The Genyus Network is a safe social space for stroke survivors Wednesday 2:20 PM
- MAGA hat-wearing dog finishes last in ‘Today Show’ fan vote—still named winner Wednesday 2:03 PM
These days, adding a filter is just a natural step in the selfie process. Snapping a photo of your own face is arguably more enjoyable (if potentially harmful) when a filter gives you the appearance of flawless skin and silly accessories you don’t have to actually wear. Well, thanks to Snapchat Cat Lenses, now you can put a bread or glasses filter on your favorite feline, too.
Snapchat Cat Lenses let you apply photo filters to cats similar to the ones humans have been enjoying for years, the Verge reports. Released on Friday, the feature builds on object recognition that can identify inanimate objects like food and pets, according to TechCrunch.
Lenses. For cool cats 😎 and their cool cats 😻 Try them meow. pic.twitter.com/UFJtgt8ZWO— Snapchat (@Snapchat) October 12, 2018
How to use Snapchat Cat Lenses
Using Snapchat Cat Lenses is simple, especially if you’ve used Snapchat’s filters before. All you have to do is open your Snapchat app, select a filter on the screen, and hover your phone’s camera in front of your cat’s face to initiate some hilariously adorable photos.
With the filters, you have the option of giving your cat rainbow unicorn horns, puffy lips, or googly eyes. The filter can even simulate a piece of toast over your cat’s face.
The best Snapchat Cat Lenses Snaps
The feature was just released on Oct. 12, but apparently a lot of cat lovers have already used the Cat Lenses to snap photos. The cats don’t seem too amused, but their owners seem to be having a blast.
snapchat has filters for cats and i’m a little too excited pic.twitter.com/HskO9R6X0X— bill clinton, the comeback kid. (@katthrash) October 15, 2018
Snapchat added filters specifically for cats and im all for it pic.twitter.com/kd0zFUnDZ8— Rachael ♡ (@smolrachu) October 12, 2018
Been doing this for years! pic.twitter.com/kLGGtRYcWo— Devon Marciano (@Devon_Cat) October 12, 2018
Imma dedicate my first tweet to CAT SNAPCHAT FILTERS 😍 pic.twitter.com/fpEFeJPdIF— Kara ♡ (@karamoore__) October 13, 2018
Kaže Snapchat: Try with your cat.— Ana Hotko (@AnaHotko) October 12, 2018
Was not disappointed. pic.twitter.com/MXRssyBjKb
they have snapchat filters for your cat now!! HELL YEA!!!!!! pic.twitter.com/J9crAMr1Iv— it smells like up dog (@morganbrooks) October 12, 2018
Putting snapchat filter/lenses on my cat makes me way happier than it should pic.twitter.com/fiVSomSW4C— izzy (@panicattheizzy) April 22, 2016
Why Snapchat Cat Lenses are just for cats
It’s unclear why Snapchat chose to focus on cats and not other animals for its new feature. The facial-recognition technology works for some dog breeds, according to BBC. Sony is also developing its autofocus technology to identify animals. Maybe Snapchat will eventually create dog lenses specifically for canines. Until then, we’re sure to see a major influx of cat selfies.
Awaiting the dog friendly filters like... pic.twitter.com/Okpxu80GZr— Laura Jameson (@lozjam) October 13, 2018
- The best Snapchat hacks, tips, tricks, and secret functions
- The ultimate guide to Snapchat flirting
- Snapchat Trophies: How to get them and what they mean
- How to follow celebrities on Snapchat
H/T the Verge
Sunny Kim studies journalism at the University of Texas at Austin. She's an editorial intern with the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in the Daily Texan and Popular Mechanics.