- This woman told two students to ‘speak English’ and people are not having it Friday 9:53 PM
- Iconic 1968 drag documentary ‘The Queen’ finally released on Netflix Friday 9:29 PM
- This TikTok account for Chancellor Palpatine is hilarious Friday 8:43 PM
- Did the Space Force logo rip off Star Trek? Friday 6:24 PM
- Disabled people with service dogs say Uber, Lyft drivers are denying them rides Friday 3:25 PM
- TikTok teen famous for greasy hair ends her 8-year reign Friday 2:48 PM
- Police handcuff brown man at subway station for carrying a toy gun Friday 1:20 PM
- Fake clip of Sanders quoting infamous ‘hot chip’ tweet is duping people online Friday 1:16 PM
- The Mars Volta’s Cedric Bixler-Zavala alleges Scientologists behind dog’s death Friday 12:46 PM
- Eminem responds to critics: ‘This album was not made for the squeamish’ Friday 12:42 PM
- ‘The poet, the poem’ meme takes iconic lines and turns them into art Friday 12:40 PM
- People are making dark memes about the coronavirus Friday 12:27 PM
- Trump camp’s ‘head on a pike’ impeachment threat hit with memes Friday 11:34 AM
- What is the #FreeBritney movement, and why is Cher tweeting about it? Friday 10:52 AM
- This YouTuber claims the Saudi government plotted to kidnap him on U.S. soil Friday 10:30 AM
A new game developed by PewDiePie has been banned by Apple. And boy does the whole thing stink.
PewDiePie revealed in a YouTube video posted to his 102 million subscribers on Thursday that his beloved game, Poopdie, has been removed from the App Store (though it’s worth noting that the game is actually available in the Google Play store).
“Apple thought this game was too stinky for whatever reason,” PewDiePie, whose real name is Felix Kjellberg, said in the video. “… Right now, we’re working to fix that.”
As noted by the Daily Mail, the free game centers “around the main character, a worm, who creates minions from his bodily waste that go about doing his bidding. These take different forms, including ‘poopgrades’ and ‘fartspells.’” The worm’s name: Poopdie.
Unsurprisingly, it’s a game filled with plenty of fart jokes and feces puns—and much more toilet humor—and it’s probably something preteens would enjoy playing, especially if they’re already PewDiePie fans.
“This is truly the greatest game to play on the toilet,” PewDiePie said in his video.
Unfortunately for the YouTube star, Apple disagrees. But PewDiePie and his team aren’t giving up the fight. According to a blog on Bulbware, which developed the game, Apple removed Poopdie because it has “crude imagery and sound effect[s] which may disgust users.”
Wrote Bulbware: “Unfortunately Apple seems to be disgusted by Poopdie and his army of little Troops. Small wormy got rejected … We are currently [appealing] to the Apple Review Board and plan to reach a settlement. C’mon Apple! We have received hundreds of iOS users’ requests who are eager to start pooping!”
- YouTube’s 2019 Rewind video is much different than last year’s debacle
- PewDiePie’s home robbed of wife’s valuables
- 2019: The year Logan Paul stopped giving a f*ck about his critics
H/T Daily Mail
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.