- Review: ‘The Invisible Man’ reboot is thrilling but basic 3 Weeks Ago
- Sex workers speak out after OnlyFans leak 3 Weeks Ago
- Normani addresses Camila Cabello’s racist social media posts 3 Weeks Ago
- Mike Huckabee’s defense of Trump’s coronavirus response will make you nauseous Today 12:06 PM
- Gmail’s email filtering may affect what candidate emails you are seeing Today 11:08 AM
- Woman shares aftermath of domestic abuse: ‘This is only to raise awareness’ Today 10:40 AM
- Skai Jackson gets restraining order against Bhad Bhabie after death threat Today 10:19 AM
- Taylor Swift shades Scooter Braun in ‘The Man’ video Today 10:15 AM
- Porn stars are lining up behind Bernie Sanders Today 10:10 AM
- YouTube mom says she ‘beat’ her 2-year-old daughter for ruining her makeup kit Today 10:02 AM
- Ajit Pai’s net neutrality victory lap comes as his own repeal is under review Today 9:20 AM
- Alissa Violet is in Italy—and fans are worried she’ll get coronavirus Today 9:19 AM
- Bernie or Barry? Garth Brooks’ Sanders jersey sparks online panic Today 8:42 AM
- Netflix series ‘Followers’ is a visual treat—but lacks a clear narrative Today 6:00 AM
- Influencer got trapped under ice for TikTok clout, ‘came close to dying’ Thursday 7:59 PM
In May 2019, the Oculus Quest virtual reality gaming headset launched to consumers. In less than a year, the Quest became one of the most influential VR devices on the market. Facebook revealed that the Quest was largely responsible for Q4 2018’s $346 million revenue in miscellaneous, non-advertising sources. Mark Zuckerberg even declared the Quest’s sales “stronger than we expected.” It’s a sign that Oculus is not just here to stay, but that the Quest is only going to get more popular in the near future.
If you’re considering whether you should pick up a VR gaming headset, now is a good time to start doing your research. Read on for everything you need to know about the Oculus Quest headset’s features, games, and VR porn capabilities.
What is the Oculus Quest?
The Oculus Quest is a standalone virtual reality headset created by Oculus, Facebook’s VR arm. The Quest is the most popular dedicated VR headset available and is capable of handling flagship VR games like Superhot VR and Beat Saber with ease.
The Quest runs off a modified Android OS with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 CPU and a 1440 x 1600 pixel resolution display per eye. The device also comes out of the box with Oculus Touch controllers. This means the Quest has both a high-end visual display and supports advanced movement across physical space.
While the Quest is primarily a gaming headset, it doubles as a standalone VR multimedia hub. Users can watch Netflix in virtual reality, view WebVR material via the Oculus Browser, download 3D VR videos (that is, videos that output a separate image per lens), and use VR apps like VRChat and Virtual Desktop. Oculus is increasingly adding experimental features, too, such as hand-tracking support.
The Quest is a fantastic, user-friendly introduction to VR—but it’s also pricey. The entry-level bundle offers 64GBs of storage for $399, and its heftier equivalent features 128GBs for $499. This doesn’t include an optional Oculus Link cable for connecting the Quest to PC for PC VR games or any purchases from the Oculus Store. Additionally, due to the Oculus Quest’s popularity, the VR headset is more often than not back-ordered on Oculus’ website.
- VR porn: A beginner’s guide
- The best VR headsets for porn
- How to watch VR porn on your Oculus Quest
- How to play VR porn games on Oculus Quest
- Here are the best free, ethical VR porn games and sites
What games can you play on the Quest?
The Quest hosts a mixture of popular PC VR ports and original titles. Many of these games include cross-buy options, letting players enjoy their purchases on both the Quest and via their PC. Some of the most popular Oculus Quest games include:
- Superhot VR
- Pistol Whip
- Beat Saber
- Job Simulator
- Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
- Journey of the Gods
- Vader Immortal
- Robo Recall: Unplugged
- Apex Construct
- Pavlov Shack
Quest users can access their PC VR library either with a dedicated USB-C cable connected to their Quest via Oculus Link or by streaming their PC to their headset with Virtual Desktop. This more or less turns the Quest into a dedicated Oculus Rift headset, provided your PC has the proper specs for playing VR games.
Does the Oculus Quest support VR porn?
Yes! The Oculus Quest can be used for both VR porn games and videos. While Oculus isn’t eager to add adult games onto the Oculus Store, Quest users can still access adult content regardless. The three most popular techniques for enjoying VR porn include:
- Streaming and downloading VR porn videos through the Oculus Browser or Firefox Reality
- Playing VR porn games via Oculus Link or Virtual Desktop
- Installing third-party porn titles designed for the Oculus Quest (“sideloading”)
Ana Valens is a reporter specializing in online queer communities, marginalized identities, and adult content creation. She is Daily Dot's Trans/Sex columnist. Her work has appeared at Vice, Vox, Truthout, Bitch Media, Kill Screen, Rolling Stone, and the Toast. She lives in Brooklyn, New York, and spends her free time developing queer adult games.