- ‘Bachelor’ contestant apologizes for ‘White Lives Matter’ photo shoot Today 12:13 AM
- ‘Sonic The Hedgehog’ sets box office record for video game movies Sunday 8:15 PM
- Truck driver allegedly watching porn kills teen driver in a car crash Sunday 6:44 PM
- Is the Buttigieg campaign behind this pro-Pete Nigerian Twitter account? Sunday 4:58 PM
- Mask that has your face printed on it allows you to unlock your phone during viral epidemics Sunday 3:52 PM
- Justin Bieber slid into the DMs of someone who hated his new album Sunday 1:05 PM
- HQ Trivia host and co-founder in Twitter feud amid shutdown Sunday 12:10 PM
- YouTuber shamed for fake call with Caroline Flack after her death Sunday 10:59 AM
- This MAGA-loving Keanu Reeves imposter isn’t fooling anyone Sunday 10:16 AM
- How to watch ‘Outlander’ season 5 online Sunday 8:00 AM
- Kobe Bryant’s complicated online legacy isn’t buried with him Sunday 6:00 AM
- TikTok teen’s reaction to discovering boyfriend’s cheating goes viral Saturday 4:46 PM
- This may be the creepiest Amazon review you’ll ever read Saturday 3:58 PM
- Bill Maher booed on own show over defense of Bloomberg Saturday 3:37 PM
- The Sun allegedly deletes negative Caroline Flack story after her death Saturday 2:48 PM
If there’s anything that even the most hardened, embittered non-football fan can sometimes get behind on Super Bowl Sunday, it’s the halftime show.
Sometimes, people who have absolutely no time for or interest in the NFL’s championship game will still take a break to see the enormous spectacle of the halftime performance, and this year’s show from NRG Stadium in Houston, featuring Lady Gaga, figures to be no different. But there is one leaked detail about her show that should set it apart, even in the pantheon of Super Bowl halftimes.
According to a report from CNN Money, Gaga’s show will be aided by the use of “hundreds” of aerial drones, lit up for all to see. While the precise function of the drones isn’t yet clear, it’s a safe bet that you’ll see them overhead of the performance, perhaps flashing an image or message against the black night sky. Outside of that, not many details about the performance have made it out, although Gaga herself has shot down rumors that Beyonce, a superstar Houston native, might pay a surprise visit.
The NFL has also denied a report that Gaga was instructed not to mention President Trump in the performance.
In years past, there have been unbelievable spectacles on display during the halftime show, perhaps one of the most memorable coming during Katy Perry’s 2015 show. Specifically, it included both Perry riding into the stadium on the back of an enormous gold lion, and the first-ballot Hall of Fame meme that was Left Shark.
The game is scheduled to start at 6:30 pm ET. It’ll be airing on your local Fox station, and although it’s impossible to say with precise certainty when the halftime show will roll around, the whole game typically takes close to four hours to play out.
Chris Tognotti is a frequent contributor for the Daily Dot. He’s a news and current events writer based out of Berkeley, California, and a co-host of the podcast Now We Know. While he specializes in domestic politics and opinion writing, he’s also savvy on sports, video games, and film.