- ‘Due to personal reasons’ meme enables questionable behavior Monday 3:36 PM
- Why do white rappers write lyrics about being good hypothetical dads? Monday 3:29 PM
- Roger Stone posts, then deletes, Instagram of his judge with small crosshairs next to her Monday 2:32 PM
- People are Googling Rihanna and their birthday in a Twitter challenge Monday 2:13 PM
- Here are all of the Fortnite earthquake cracks thus far Monday 1:21 PM
- New Apex Legends characters leaked by data miners Monday 12:36 PM
- Ken Jeong falls back on crude humor and lazy stereotypes in ‘You Complete Me, Ho’ Monday 12:24 PM
- 14 artsy cartoon mugs that’ll help make your days more creative Monday 12:15 PM
- Netflix cancels ‘Jessica Jones’ and ‘The Punisher’ Monday 11:26 AM
- YouTube is fueling the rise in flat earth believers Monday 11:04 AM
- Review: Crackdown 3 is not a world worth saving Monday 11:00 AM
- Scathing privacy report calls Facebook a ‘digital gangster’ Monday 10:50 AM
- 21 Savage goes deep on 21 Savage memes Monday 10:49 AM
- Everyone is debating the number of towels you should own Monday 10:47 AM
- How to unlock the Fortnite Prisoner stage 4 skin Monday 10:45 AM
Enjoy some Hollywood-flavored Snaps.
Snapchat isn’t just for horny teens. With 166 million daily active users, it’s now a very powerful messaging app.
In addition to brands and politicians, celebrities are taking advantage of the engagement opportunity that Snapchat offers. Kylie Jenner, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Rihanna are just a few of the famous faces sharing intimate moments that would have otherwise gone unseen.
Following a celebrity is no different from following other users, you just need to know the correct username. Here’s what to do.
How to follow someone on Snapchat
In the app, tap on the ghost icon at the top of your screen. This will take you to your profile screen. From here, you need to click on the option Add Friends.
Assuming you don’t have access to the celeb’s Snapcode and they won’t show up in an Add Nearby search, you need to select the option Add by Username.
Now, type the username of the person you want to add. You don’t need to use an “@” before the name.
- The best Snapchat hacks, tips, tricks, and secret functions
- The ultimate guide to Snapchat flirting
- How to use Snapchat: A beginner’s guide
- Snapchat Trophies: How to get them and what they mean
If the username you entered matches an existing Snapchat account, you’ll see a square box with a plus sign in it appear next to the name. Tap on the box to add the user to your contacts.
One way to know you’re adding the correct celebrity account and not someone posing as the socialite is to look for a little emoji to the right of their name. Similar to the blue check mark on Twitter, verified accounts on Snapchat have emoji like an eggplant, crown, or tiger.
You’ll now see Snaps from the celeb you’ve followed in your Stories screen, and who knows? Maybe they’ll even add you back.
To get started, here are 40 celebrities you should follow right now.
Additional reporting by Kristen Hubby
Editor’s note: This article is regularly updated for relevance.
Amy-Mae Turner is a tech reporter who focuses on gadgets, streaming entertainment, social media, and internet lingo. She previously served as a senior features writer for Mashable.