- Beyoncé and Kelly Rowland were harassed by Jagged Edge as teens, Mathew Knowles says 2 Years Ago
- White nationalist Nick Fuentes is upset MTV aired his white nationalist views 2 Years Ago
- Juice WRLD had secret drug-littered Instagram, according to his ex-girlfriend 2 Years Ago
- Jersey City suspect posted anti-Semitic, anti-police materials online Today 10:30 AM
- Novaruu was banned from Twitch for 3 days—and she can’t understand why Today 10:12 AM
- Pete Buttigieg swears he’s not in the CIA Today 9:28 AM
- Greta Thunberg named ‘Time’ 2019 person of the year Today 9:28 AM
- The best gear and gadget gifts for Dad this holiday season Today 7:30 AM
- The 10 most important sci-fi films of the 2010s Today 7:00 AM
- Netflix advances beyond testosterone-fueled anime with subdued ‘Levius’ Today 6:00 AM
- Influencer accused of selling shirt she was supposed to promote Tuesday 8:42 PM
- Jameela Jamil dragged for comparing reproductive rights to landlord rights Tuesday 6:54 PM
- Trump campaign posts Thanos meme, totally misses point of ‘Endgame’ Tuesday 5:58 PM
- Petition calls for Apple to make a Baby Yoda emoji Tuesday 5:16 PM
- This BTS-Billie Eilish mashup is the most popular tweet of 2019 Tuesday 4:51 PM
Your success at finding love can now be cashed in for prizes, including a “spying vibrator.”
Hinge, which pins itself as the “dating app for relationship seekers,” is running a weeklong online promotion rewarding members who hit certain dating milestones, like having their first sleepover, becoming exclusive, celebrating a birthday, or getting a dog. Each of those moments comes with a corresponding gift.
You’re in luck if you’ve hit the honeymoon phase, not because you’ve found true love and whatnot, but because those couples will receive a $200 vibrator. That sounds like a great prize if you don’t mind that Standard Innovation, the folks who make the We-Sync vibrator, just settled a $3.75 million lawsuit alleging that its “spying vibrator” was collecting data from users.
Other giveaway items include a Hinge onesie for couples who had a baby, an electric toothbrush for becoming exclusive, and birthstone studs as a birthday present. The value of the rewards range anywhere from $50 to $200.
To redeem the rewards, just go to Hinge’s “Milestone Marker” site, answer a few questions, and show you and your partner’s social media accounts to the app. A spokesperson at Hinge told the Verge it will verify the date people met on the app and take their word for how far along their relationship is.
H/T the Verge
Phillip Tracy is a former technology staff writer at the Daily Dot. He's an expert on smartphones, social media trends, and gadgets. He previously reported on IoT and telecom for RCR Wireless News and contributed to NewBay Media magazine. He now writes for Laptop magazine.