- Beto O’Rourke was ‘born’ to run for president, but what about actually governing? Today 7:30 AM
- How to stream the 2019 Stanley Cup for free Today 7:00 AM
- Swipe This! My needy coworker won’t stop texting me Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch ‘The Hot Zone’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- Witness the wholesome magic of inter-generational conversations on r/AskOldPeople Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch Paramount Network online for free Today 5:30 AM
- People are sharing how serving in the military has ruined their lives with #WhyIServe Sunday 5:31 PM
- Gillette ad showing a dad teaching his trans son how to shave has the internet in tears Sunday 4:34 PM
- 4chan’s new troll campaign aims to make the hashtag a white supremacist symbol Sunday 2:49 PM
- Here’s what that ‘cliff wife’ meme is all about Sunday 12:58 PM
- Artist suspended from Facebook, Instagram after posting anti-MAGA artwork Sunday 12:04 PM
- How to watch Serie A online for free Sunday 7:30 AM
- What does ‘uwu’ mean? Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher (for real) Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Indianapolis 500 online for free Sunday 6:00 AM
Who said dating apps don’t pay off?
Your success at finding love can now be cashed in for prizes, including a “spying vibrator.”
Hinge, which pins itself as the “dating app for relationship seekers,” is running a weeklong online promotion rewarding members who hit certain dating milestones, like having their first sleepover, becoming exclusive, celebrating a birthday, or getting a dog. Each of those moments comes with a corresponding gift.
You’re in luck if you’ve hit the honeymoon phase, not because you’ve found true love and whatnot, but because those couples will receive a $200 vibrator. That sounds like a great prize if you don’t mind that Standard Innovation, the folks who make the We-Sync vibrator, just settled a $3.75 million lawsuit alleging that its “spying vibrator” was collecting data from users.
Other giveaway items include a Hinge onesie for couples who had a baby, an electric toothbrush for becoming exclusive, and birthstone studs as a birthday present. The value of the rewards range anywhere from $50 to $200.
To redeem the rewards, just go to Hinge’s “Milestone Marker” site, answer a few questions, and show you and your partner’s social media accounts to the app. A spokesperson at Hinge told the Verge it will verify the date people met on the app and take their word for how far along their relationship is.
H/T the Verge
Phillip Tracy is a former technology staff writer at the Daily Dot. He's an expert on smartphones, social media trends, and gadgets. He previously reported on IoT and telecom for RCR Wireless News and contributed to NewBay Media magazine. He now writes for Laptop magazine.