- Pro-Trump meme comedian Carpe Donktum suspended by Twitter (updated) Today 1:35 PM
- Here are all of the Disney+ titles available to stream at launch Today 12:52 PM
- Rumor: Apple to release $399 iPhone SE follow-up next year Today 12:44 PM
- Sulli, K-pop star who spoke against cyberbullying, dead at 25 Today 12:37 PM
- The latest front in Turkey’s digital war against the Kurds? Google reviews Today 12:19 PM
- Slow iPhone got you down? Here’s how to speed it back up Today 11:49 AM
- Andy Ngo smears antifa activist killed in hit-and-run Today 11:25 AM
- ‘Succession’ but with M&Ms is a pitch-perfect parody Today 11:12 AM
- Logan Paul insists he’s pro-choice after ‘5 abortions’ controversy Today 10:48 AM
- Save your Android from itself: How to delete Android apps Today 10:21 AM
- Meme video of Trump shooting politicians sparks outrage Today 8:53 AM
- Virtual Reality: Sex, marriage, and the future of relationships Today 7:00 AM
- Swipe This! My boyfriend is addicted to porn. Should I leave him? Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Packers vs. Lions on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:15 PM
- College students burned author’s books after she spoke about white privilege Sunday 6:28 PM
Your success at finding love can now be cashed in for prizes, including a “spying vibrator.”
Hinge, which pins itself as the “dating app for relationship seekers,” is running a weeklong online promotion rewarding members who hit certain dating milestones, like having their first sleepover, becoming exclusive, celebrating a birthday, or getting a dog. Each of those moments comes with a corresponding gift.
You’re in luck if you’ve hit the honeymoon phase, not because you’ve found true love and whatnot, but because those couples will receive a $200 vibrator. That sounds like a great prize if you don’t mind that Standard Innovation, the folks who make the We-Sync vibrator, just settled a $3.75 million lawsuit alleging that its “spying vibrator” was collecting data from users.
Other giveaway items include a Hinge onesie for couples who had a baby, an electric toothbrush for becoming exclusive, and birthstone studs as a birthday present. The value of the rewards range anywhere from $50 to $200.
To redeem the rewards, just go to Hinge’s “Milestone Marker” site, answer a few questions, and show you and your partner’s social media accounts to the app. A spokesperson at Hinge told the Verge it will verify the date people met on the app and take their word for how far along their relationship is.
H/T the Verge
Phillip Tracy is a former technology staff writer at the Daily Dot. He's an expert on smartphones, social media trends, and gadgets. He previously reported on IoT and telecom for RCR Wireless News and contributed to NewBay Media magazine. He now writes for Laptop magazine.